PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: In Jim we trust  (Read 15871 times)

VofD

Re: In Jim we trust
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »

Lawrie should have gone long time ago. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL PLAYER  >:(

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »

Woeful display, Moult, Richmond and Lawrie should be inspiring that squad but nothing, arguably the worst 3 players on the pitch. Should have moved Goodall to midfield where he was intended to play when we signed him, not take him off, why was Hobson playing centre back ? He can't cut it there... I hope JH isn't going to persist in playing players out of position, we had enough of that sh*t  when Sinnot was here.

I'm not interested in who or who isn't on a fkn contract. If we don't act now and get some decent players in pretty damm quick then I can see this season mirroring last season and we will be in deep sh*t by the New Year.

Very worried watching that today, we were watching players who gave me the impression that they lack heart and fight... where have I heard that before.

Thought the new LB was decent..

C'mon Alty ffs

The problem is if a player is contracted he is being paid some of the playing budget and can't just be released therefor making it more difficult to bring fresh blood in.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »

Lawrie should have gone long time ago. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL PLAYER  >:(

I wouldn't say he's awful but he's not the type of player we need at present,too hit and miss.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:47 PM »

Woeful display, Moult, Richmond and Lawrie should be inspiring that squad but nothing, arguably the worst 3 players on the pitch. Should have moved Goodall to midfield where he was intended to play when we signed him, not take him off, why was Hobson playing centre back ? He can't cut it there... I hope JH isn't going to persist in playing players out of position, we had enough of that sh*t  when Sinnot was here.

I'm not interested in who or who isn't on a fkn contract. If we don't act now and get some decent players in pretty damm quick then I can see this season mirroring last season and we will be in deep sh*t by the New Year.

Very worried watching that today, we were watching players who gave me the impression that they lack heart and fight... where have I heard that before.

C'mon Alty ffs

The problem is if a player is contracted he is being paid some of the playing budget and can't just be released therefor making it more difficult to bring fresh blood in.
I hear what your saying but, action is needed now, not in the New Year when we could be adrift.

We need fresh blood now otherwise it will be relegation again and that will not be acceptable in any shape or form

Maybe get players in on a play n pay basis

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:02 PM »

C'mon Alty ffs

I hear what your saying but, action is needed now, not in the New Year when we could be adrift.

We need fresh blood now otherwise it will be relegation again and that will not be acceptable in any shape or form

Problem is, what standard of player do you get on a play n pay basis at this stage of the season? Probably no better than what we already
have here.

If the Board are serious about wanting to get us out of this mess, which they are fully responsible for getting us into, then the FA Cup and
Watmore money has to be spent on settling contracts to get rid of some of the dross and then laying some more cash out to get decent players in, especially any players out there who want to come and play for

Let's face it, if we get relegated we will be facing the 600 - 700 figure crowds we had the last time we were in the "glue" league.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »

C'mon Alty ffs

Problem is, what standard of player do you get on a play n pay basis at this stage of the season? Probably no better than what we already
have here.

If the Board are serious about wanting to get us out of this mess, which they are fully responsible for getting us into, then the FA Cup and
Watmore money has to be spent on settling contracts to get rid of some of the dross and then laying some more cash out to get decent players in, especially any players out there who want to come and play for

Let's face it, if we get relegated we will be facing the 600 - 700 figure crowds we had the last time we were in the "glue" league.

Well said.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:54 PM »

How do the revised rules higher up affect us?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 01:54:24 AM »

C'mon Alty ffs

Spot on Ray
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »

V of D, James Lawrie is not an awful player, during the game yesterday he took on a Telford player on the wing and totally wrong footed him, going past him with ease. It was a lovely bit of football that had Alex and I cheering and was a big bright spot for me. Did others see that cos that was another positive?

I agree he can be frustrating to watch, but yesterday he did show some good play and was one of our slightly better players. To just come out and say he is awful like that is unfair - I just want him to be a little more consistant, but he shows flashes of being a very good player. The Macc Town goal showed what he capable of, but yesterday the whole team played badly. I thought the players who played better such as McWilliams (who should never have been taken off) were dragged down by the rest of the squad not performing.

We failed collectively yesterday as Jim said; don't worry we will sort it.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:20 AM »

V of D, James Lawrie is not an awful player, during the game yesterday he took on a Telford player on the wing and totally wrong footed him, going past him with ease. It was a lovely bit of football that had Alex and I cheering and was a big bright spot for me. Did others see that cos that was another positive?

I agree he can be frustrating to watch, but yesterday he did show some good play and was one of our slightly better players. To just come out and say he is awful like that is unfair - I just want him to be a little more consistant, but he shows flashes of being a very good player. The Macc Town goal showed what he capable of, but yesterday the whole team played badly. I thought the players who played better such as McWilliams (who should never have been taken off) were dragged down by the rest of the squad not performing.

I think I will worry if that's all right with you.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »

We can't keep saying we'll sort it week after week or in our clubs case month after month. We are cut adrift, clear blue between us and safety. There should be a public rallying call for new investors into the football club urgently and have them on board at next months AGM. We will be playing evostick league football as it stands,and still a thousand people turn up. We need a completely new midfield, it's an absolute shambles in the middle at present. Get in the press and start trying to get In investors into the football club, not everyone is a drug dealing money launderer, this has gone on long enough.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 11:38:37 AM »

I love your optimistic approach I wish I could share it
Lawries distribution amongst most of the team yesterday was woeful

We have a fantastic pitch but can't play football on it

At least we have nice sprinklers
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 11:40:21 AM »

We can't keep saying we'll sort it week after week or in our clubs case month after month. We are cut adrift, clear blue between us and safety. There should be a public rallying call for new investors into the football club urgently and have them on board at next months AGM. We will be playing evostick league football as it stands,and still a thousand people turn up. We need a completely new midfield, it's an absolute shambles in the middle at present. Get in the press and start trying to get In investors into the football club, not everyone is a drug dealing money launderer, this has gone on long enough.

Much needed but short term  if the watmore money is half decent surely we could afford  3 or 4better players the problem is nearly all of them will have clubs already

brinners

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 01:57:49 PM »

We need a physical presence in midfield and at the back - we are much too soft at the moment. Gary Jones is out of favour at Southport and as fas as I'm aware Marcus Holness is still a free agent. Yes I know it's short term, but...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »

We need a physical presence in midfield and at the back - we are much too soft at the moment. Gary Jones is out of favour at Southport and as fas as I'm aware Marcus Holness is still a free agent. Yes I know it's short term, but...

I'm a trifle perplexed as to why you are putting so much faith in a player who let us down very badly late last season by means of that asinine sending off against Dover Athletic.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust