PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC latest accounts out today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: AFC latest accounts out today.  (Read 18209 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: AFC latest accounts out today.
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »

Quite annoying having to read every word of all this to ensure nobody has caused offence more than the usual tit for tat verbals. It is starting to get a bit beyond belief though.

We have one person who has a clear agenda to defend the club against any criticism of poor investment, or purposely ignoring needs on the pitch. On the other hand we have others who are determined to call to question the clubs financial handling, although I admittedly am not entirely clear on what the exact criticisms/accusations are?

If I understand correctly, and I don't profess I do because this is punctuated largely by people aiming to disprove each other and not trying to make a point, then the idea is that we have suffered on pitch because we favoured off pitch initiatives financially.

If that is the case then it seems to me total rubbish. We've had money in the bank at the times when the club have needed to invest on the pitch.

What, in amongst all this lovely infighting, I can summarise is that its blatantly clear to me that the board clearly had a disconnect with the fans last season. When LS quit they thought it wasn't that big a deal to get relegated. That must have been the case because all this silly arguing shows in fact that they had the means to replace LS with a proven manager, and we also know several applied at the time, even the club have said that.

For whatever reason they decided to go with the guy who was assistant to the guy who was mostly responsible for our horrendous slide in form and lack of immediate investment in the playing staff.

I suspect they thought along these lines:  A short term appointment would cost more money and go against our general principles and that we still had a shot at staying up but worst case we'd sink like a stone until summer appoint some top manager on a more rational deal who would then give the fans a few seasons of joy fighting at the top, winning loads of games and getting us back up. In the meantime we are healthier off the pitch and everyones happy, we'll stay up longer when we go back up.

The fans however, and seemingly correctly, had another viewpoint which is that if we go down now we'll never get back up anytime soon looking at the shark infested pit we'll have to swim in for a few seasons until all the bank rolled bull sharks have swam up stream. Low and behold we go down, appoint NY which brings short term joy as he makes noise and signs players before proving himself to be the second coming of Brian Kilkline and leaving us right down in the mire where even the sharks won't eat us.

On top of all this the club has conspired to remind us that its absolutely toss at PR on a regularly basis.

I would suggest that this is why we are all angry, this is why we are in the position we are in and this is why this forum is a complete toxic wasteland of online bewilderment.

The sooner we accept all that and work out how we move on from it the better. A couple of things to suggest:

1. We draw a line under club finances, they appear to be healthy and none of our concern.
2. The club make some form of statement just accepting there have been some failings in several areas (PR, manager appointments) and that they want to connect back with fans

That way we might have something to smile about, other than being in the FA cup 1st round again of course and our first league win, because those positives just wont do for half of us.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:01:34 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »

So if there is an Alty fan out there with such insight, I’m sure the board will be happy to hear from you, and I’m sure that the company I work for will be willing to pay you a small fortune for your services. So shout up…

And if you don't have such insight, shut up and don't question anything you plebs?

Feel free to question but with accounting, you can't take an isolated figure on a piece of paper at face value. No mention of the word "plebs". Simply acting in good faith to try to add a bit more colour to the black & white...

I know.

And astonishingly I am aware that you have to read into accounts rather than taking them at immediate face value.

Let's hope that the apparent economic upturn discussed translates into prioritisation and improvement on the field which has evidently not been the case so far.

I'm hoping that's it's more been a case of the board taking their eye of the ball somewhat over the last year, and that can be understood to an extent given the vast project the CSH is, mistakes get made, rather than the two being irreconcilable.

A bit more clarity and humility on these areas would benefit everyone greatly though I think.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »

I won't quite the entire post but just to say that (imo) L'Homme du Sports post above very fairly sets it out and I am in absolutely full agreement with it. Especially the two points at the bottom.

Extremely well put Sir.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »

I agree with 90% of L'Homme du Sport's post, especially the need to focus on the future.

The only reason the topic was started was to inform fans of the actual figures so everyone could make informed judgements as prior to that all we had was some people's opinions.
The account summary is not a spin its straight from them.

What the accounts show is that the club has been living within its (increasing ) means due to the CSH, however obtained, however unbudgeted, and surely that is the most important thing.

I completely agree that on the playing side it has been a disaster but just hope now that under Jim Harvey we may be heading in the right direction again, 4 wins out of 5 is a good start but still a long, long way to go.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:28:50 PM by PukkaPieman »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »

Quite annoying having to read every word of all this to ensure nobody has caused offence more than the usual tit for tat verbals. It is starting to get a bit beyond belief though.

We have one person who has a clear agenda to defend the club against any criticism of poor investment, or purposely ignoring needs on the pitch. On the other hand we have others who are determined to call to question the clubs financial handling, although I admittedly am not entirely clear on what the exact criticisms/accusations are?

If I understand correctly, and I don't profess I do because this is punctuated largely by people aiming to disprove each other and not trying to make a point, then the idea is that we have suffered on pitch because we favoured off pitch initiatives financially.

If that is the case then it seems to me total rubbish. We've had money in the bank at the times when the club have needed to invest on the pitch.

What, in amongst all this lovely infighting, I can summarise is that its blatantly clear to me that the board clearly had a disconnect with the fans last season. When LS quit they thought it wasn't that big a deal to get relegated. That must have been the case because all this silly arguing shows in fact that they had the means to replace LS with a proven manager, and we also know several applied at the time, even the club have said that.

For whatever reason they decided to go with the guy who was assistant to the guy who was mostly responsible for our horrendous slide in form and lack of immediate investment in the playing staff.

I suspect they thought along these lines:  A short term appointment would cost more money and go against our general principles and that we still had a shot at staying up but worst case we'd sink like a stone until summer appoint some top manager on a more rational deal who would then give the fans a few seasons of joy fighting at the top, winning loads of games and getting us back up. In the meantime we are healthier off the pitch and everyones happy, we'll stay up longer when we go back up.

The fans however, and seemingly correctly, had another viewpoint which is that if we go down now we'll never get back up anytime soon looking at the shark infested pit we'll have to swim in for a few seasons until all the bank rolled bull sharks have swam up stream. Low and behold we go down, appoint NY which brings short term joy as he makes noise and signs players before proving himself to be the second coming of Brian Kilkline and leaving us right down in the mire where even the sharks won't eat us.

On top of all this the club has conspired to remind us that its absolutely toss at PR on a regularly basis.

I would suggest that this is why we are all angry, this is why we are in the position we are in and this is why this forum is a complete toxic wasteland of online bewilderment.

The sooner we accept all that and work out how we move on from it the better. A couple of things to suggest:

1. We draw a line under club finances, they appear to be healthy and none of our concern.
2. The club make some form of statement just accepting there have been some failings in several areas (PR, manager appointments) and that they want to connect back with fans

That way we might have something to smile about, other than being in the FA cup 1st round again of course and our first league win, because those positives just wont do for half of us.

Excellent post.

Can I just say that I stood there with a pint in the CSH on Saturday, per-match/HT/FT, and thought how lovely it was to relax in there compared to what we happily put up with a couple of years ago.

The club isn't perfect and has made some dreadful decisions of late, however isn't hindsight just a wonderful thing - I'm sure Halifax and Kiddy would have been wondering why they went down as well.

We'll be fine, you know - but looking at the league's average attendances we don't have the divine right to get out of this league any time soon. Replacing Darlington, Fylde, Halifax with the likes of NFU, Solihull, Guiseley might redress the balance a bit.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »

Hands up if you remember the forum being a fun place?

I've found myself visiting the forum more than I have in a long time.

I think it's great at the moment. The forum should be a place for people to disagree and argue, otherwise it becomes a boring circlejerk with everyone making dreadful jokes about sandwiches.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:09 PM »

Excellent post.

Can I just say that I stood there with a pint in the CSH on Saturday, per-match/HT/FT, and thought how lovely it was to relax in there compared to what we happily put up with a couple of years ago.

The club isn't perfect and has made some dreadful decisions of late, however isn't hindsight just a wonderful thing - I'm sure Halifax and Kiddy would have been wondering why they went down as well.

We'll be fine, you know - but looking at the league's average attendances we don't have the divine right to get out of this league any time soon. Replacing Darlington, Fylde, Halifax with the likes of NFU, Solihull, Guiseley might redress the balance a bit.
we have to Stay in this league before we can get out of it that's for sure
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC latest accounts out today.