PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just terrible and clueless
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Just terrible and clueless  (Read 10705 times)

Hulme Robin

Re: Just terrible and clueless
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 07:10:18 PM »

I want to see the players coming off the pitch red faced from effort not embarrassment.
Absolutely dreadful balsa wood performance.
If we continue like this we will be in the evostick.

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »

I thought we showed more desire in the second half. It will be interesting to see the highlights. I think their goalie only made two saves.

There doesn't seem to be much point in Reevsie being on the pitch. People muscle him out of the game. The difference in physicality between this week and last is huge. We should be OK in the Evostick.

I thought we were worse in the second half. Agree with the evo stik point, going down in a shambolic mes

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/tables may be of interest.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:47:50 PM by York Alty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 07:55:57 PM »

Thank God I missed this debacle. I'm also absent on Tuesday when anything less than a win will be totally unacceptable. WE'RE GOING DOWN FOR SURE UNLESS WE IMPROVE RAPIDLY !!!!

Matt Taylor

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »

No-one should under-estimate how much trouble we are in and how realistic the catastrophic threat of relegation to the Evo-Stick is.
I understand that one season doesn't necessarily follow the next, and there are no allowances for different phases over the course of a season, but as an overview,
* 46 points will generally keep you in a 42-game Conf North (based on past 3 seasons). In order to achieve that we already need to take nearly 50% of all available points between now and the end of the season.
* To put that into context, just 65% of all available points over a season will probably win you the league outright.
* In the past two seasons, 50% of available points will see you finish about 7th/8th

The more performances like today, the harder the above will get. But should we start looking like a side capable of challenging for the playoffs (over a full season admittedly), then we will be just fine. Let's hope the 5-figure 'Watmore money' promised to JH is nearer 6 figures than 4 figures. But the worse the position gets, the harder to attract the required players to the club will become, or the more we will have to pay them to come here.

On the up-side if we do avoid relegation then given the form we will need to be in to achieve that, plus a few additions next summer, should mean we are in a handy position for a play-off challenge next season...
I'm not sure if that is the optimist in me clutching at straws, or just the sobering reality of the task that lies in front of us.

VofD

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 08:13:32 PM »

I thought we showed more desire in the second half. It will be interesting to see the highlights. I think their goalie only made two saves.

There doesn't seem to be much point in Reevsie being on the pitch. People muscle him out of the game. The difference in physicality between this week and last is huge. We should be OK in the Evostick.

I thought we were worse in the second half. Agree with the evo stik point, going down in a shambolic mes

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/tables may be of interest.

Frightening  >:( >:( >:(

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 08:29:20 PM »

Plenty of teams down there that show how easy it is to go from the National League straight through the Northern section. I see Hednesford down there and to think it's only a couple of years ago that they were challenging us for that play-off Final place.

Chris Fisher

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »

Granted the performance today was poor, however the comments from groups of so called supporters in the Pop stand is disgusting, We are a part time club and the constant moaning and negativity is just ridiculous. Yes sometimes players do not control the ball first touch or make every pass perfect but the negativity from the group who stand beside the television gantry is becoming tedious to many years glory hunting watching MUFC . We are in trouble, but the players need support not constant moaning. If you want  think all of our players are sh*t and enjoy telling them so throughout the game then go and watch someone else, only support will get us out of this.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 08:52:24 PM »

They get loads of support, over 1000 alty fans there today and not a hint of a boo. Sorry but we've spent months and months being served up crap. I don't complain over a lack of control, but I do expect every player to be busting their bollocks out there and frankly some of them today weren't.

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:26 PM »

Yes sometimes players do not control the ball first touch

SOMETIMES??????

The players get the plaudits when they deserve it...today they deserve and need a kick up the arse...support for that performance suggests it was somehow acceptable....

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »

I've not seen us since the Nuneaton game and was truly shocked by how poor we were today. We were woeful. Every time one of our players tried to make a pass in our half it was either misplaced or forced another player to stretch to retrieve it.

I think JH must reassess what he can hope to get out of these players. Trying to get John Cyrus to be a footballing centre-half is a doomed enterprise. The saddest thing of all is seeing Moult and Richman, shadows of their former selves and weighed down with the despair at what has happened to this club. For their own sakes they should move on (as Havern has and he seemed back to his old self).

All those people on here who were telling us that now we've got a decent manager, we'll finish in comfortable midtable... that seemed complacent to me then and is clearly wrong now. I'd be surprised if we stay up. What a truly awful period in our history this is.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:51 PM »

The fans have been incredible . 18 months of dross. Let's not go at them again
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »

Granted the performance today was poor, however the comments from groups of so called supporters in the Pop stand is disgusting, We are a part time club and the constant moaning and negativity is just ridiculous. Yes sometimes players do not control the ball first touch or make every pass perfect but the negativity from the group who stand beside the television gantry is becoming tedious to many years glory hunting watching MUFC . We are in trouble, but the players need support not constant moaning. If you want  think all of our players are sh*t and enjoy telling them so throughout the game then go and watch someone else, only support will get us out of this.
Well said. I moved away from the Pop stand today so I didn't have to listen to their expert opinions.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 12:10:30 AM »

Maybe i've been naive but until today i've thought we would have enough to pull away from the bottom three. Although in the last few games we haven't at times been particulary convincing i at least thought  things were beginning to improve. Today's performance however was so poor we could have been back the management of Neil Young.
It could have easily been another Fylde today against a Telford team who weren't anything special but didn't have to be to beat us. Add on the seemingly lack of belief and fight we just never looked like scoring.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 01:45:12 AM »

Just embarrassing today - shell shocked by it (not been to recent cup games cos away) and major changes needed to stay up
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »

Photographs of yesterday's game taken from the Telford perspective:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/afctu/sets/72157675584527495/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just terrible and clueless