PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where does the line get drawn?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Where does the line get drawn?  (Read 12870 times)

GB Alty

Re: Where does the line get drawn?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »

JH is clearly not the main culprit but his first basic task with this team (which is mixture of disheartened and substandard players, I agree) was to get them organised, committed and hard to beat. I think we should be seeing signs of that by now but we are not.
Harvey absolute crap, get him out now - worse than Young, we actually going backwards under this idiot

Panic appointment by a desperate board
ha ha.  Who was the last manager you actually rated ? I didn't think anyone could cheer me up tonight you did thanks  
So whats the answer Wayno? I tell you now Harvey won't be here by Christmas, from what I'm hearing maybe not the end of the week

I don't appoint the managers and I most certainly don't have to rate them - this board has a proven track record of appointing sh*t managers

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 11:34:10 PM »

I've got to agree we're in dire straits but I've no idea where you expect the better players to materialise from. It will be a miracle if we can get enough good players to make a difference this season.

arnald

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »

Sack the board

Bath Alty

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »

I hope harvey is here for many years to come.  no-one could turn this lot round this quick, players are already with clubs & if they are any good they are getting games.  no-one is going to want to come here at the moment unless it is for silly wages.  Get Hannigan fit and on the pitch and get some confidence at the back, give Cyrus a rest(!) and see what we can do in building from there.  It will take time to drag us up from this far down.

York Alty is back

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 11:38:39 PM »

In a guff season, so far the only decision taken with any long term strategy in mind is that of appointing JH.

VofD

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 11:39:41 PM »

Lincoln could play their youth team and beat us.

Lincoln could play their Ladies Team and still beat us.  >:( >:( >:(

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:43:36 PM »

In a guff season, so far the only decision taken with any long term strategy in mind is that of appointing JH.
Whats the long term strategy?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 12:14:31 AM »

JH is clearly not the main culprit but his first basic task with this team (which is mixture of disheartened and substandard players, I agree) was to get them organised, committed and hard to beat. I think we should be seeing signs of that by now but we are not.
Harvey absolute crap, get him out now - worse than Young, we actually going backwards under this idiot

ha ha.  Who was the last manager you actually rated ? I didn't think anyone could cheer me up tonight you did thanks  
So whats the answer Wayno? I tell you now Harvey won't be here by Christmas, from what I'm hearing maybe not the end of the week

I don't appoint the managers and I most certainly don't have to rate them - this board has a proven track record of appointing sh*t managers

Change the manager that'll sort it.

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:07 AM »

No change the people running the club, of course that won't sort it now, to late should have listened 6 months ago - we f**ked now, Northwich but without the money

See you at the walking football
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:23:53 AM by Sausages »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 12:30:56 AM »

No change the people running the club, of course that won't sort it now, to late should have listened 6 months ago - we f**ked now, Northwich but without the money

See you at the walking football

Difference is we won't go under and lose our ground unlike northwich. I agree something needs to be done but that is up to the manager to change. Off the pitch the club has been run well, I don't think many would disagree with that but mistakes have been made when it comes to the playing side of things.

Having said that I think the board have got it right this time with appointing Harvey so I won't be blaming them if he's given some funds and plenty of time but still fails.

mase

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 12:52:26 AM »

Hi, long time lurker first time poster and at this time please excuse my grammar.
I watched the great Alty as youngster in the early 80's I I'm not even going to compare that team of legends to today!
I went off and played sport and have come back for a number of years, so I can't claim knowledge of some of those on the forum; however I've watched regularly for the last 10 years or so and I' m sorry to say this this is the worst effort I've ever seen, possibly the the worst team too.

I actually believe potentially todays players are better than some of the teams we've had in the recent past however the effort or belief in the shirt can't compare to to the likes of Lawton or even Peyton plus many others you all have seen!

Jake Moult is a shadow of the the player in promotion season or even the first season of National league, as is Simon Richman.

I like Jimmy Lawrie he scored a great goal today however please dont expect him to be a winger or midfield general  Sean Miller who also scored a great goal should perhaps be after one place

What worries me more is the fact our two centre haves John Cyrus can't play a channel ball like every other defender in this league can and Danny Hall got beaten in exactly the same way as Saturday for a goal again!
Not sure why Reevsey was subbed today and Jim's substitutions did  leave me perplexed on  Saturday.... In Jim we trust However will he still be here to pick up the pieces next year too when we're expected to watch level 7 football?

perhaps the board have an answer for us?

Over a third over the season now gone we have one win and no home win, we've let two teams get their first away win and win in our last two home games.. under those circumstances I'm really worried we are heading to Level 7 and currently can;t see anything to stop this slide?

Really hope I'm wrong and but honestly can't see any answer in our current squad?

Apologies for the negative first post but as a long time supporter I was really disappointed tonight, however I will try and cheer on positive play moving forwards!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »

Hi, long time lurker first time poster and at this time please excuse my grammar.
I watched the great Alty as youngster in the early 80's I I'm not even going to compare that team of legends to today!
I went off and played sport and have come back for a number of years, so I can't claim knowledge of some of those on the forum; however I've watched regularly for the last 10 years or so and I' m sorry to say this this is the worst effort I've ever seen, possibly the the worst team too.

I actually believe potentially todays players are better than some of the teams we've had in the recent past however the effort or belief in the shirt can't compare to to the likes of Lawton or even Peyton plus many others you all have seen!

Jake Moult is a shadow of the the player in promotion season or even the first season of National league, as is Simon Richman.

I like Jimmy Lawrie he scored a great goal today however please dont expect him to be a winger or midfield general  Sean Miller who also scored a great goal should perhaps be after one place

What worries me more is the fact our two centre haves John Cyrus can't play a channel ball like every other defender in this league can and Danny Hall got beaten in exactly the same way as Saturday for a goal again!
Not sure why Reevsey was subbed today and Jim's substitutions did  leave me perplexed on  Saturday.... In Jim we trust However will he still be here to pick up the pieces next year too when we're expected to watch level 7 football?

perhaps the board have an answer for us?

Over a third over the season now gone we have one win and no home win, we've let two teams get their first away win and win in our last two home games.. under those circumstances I'm really worried we are heading to Level 7 and currently can;t see anything to stop this slide?

Really hope I'm wrong and but honestly can't see any answer in our current squad?

Apologies for the negative first post but as a long time supporter I was really disappointed tonight, however I will try and cheer on positive play moving forwards!

great first post welcome
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 07:14:02 AM »

The reason I asked is I can't think I'm my head of the last manger you rated . You seem to be struggling your self as well.

I do however worry Jim will walk as well BTW.  On that we agree
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 07:37:41 AM »

Our managerial post will become toxic if Jim goes. He simply HAS to be given time to try and sort this out. There isn't anybody out there who could do any better.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »

I hope harvey is here for many years to come.  no-one could turn this lot round this quick, players are already with clubs & if they are any good they are getting games.  no-one is going to want to come here at the moment unless it is for silly wages.  Get Hannigan fit and on the pitch and get some confidence at the back, give Cyrus a rest(!) and see what we can do in building from there.  It will take time to drag us up from this far down.

Good post,totally agree.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where does the line get drawn?