Is he the right man for the job?

Yes
- 59 (93.7%)
No
- 4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 02, 2016, 07:48:17 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 19736 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Jim Harvey
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:48:17 AM »

It's a big yes from me but I'm just interested to find out people's opinions and see if anyone other than Jamie thinks he's not the right man.

bumble

Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:52:25 AM »

I'm not sure

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »

He deserves more time, that scouse T**t Young is the one you need to vent your spleen at to be fair.

Plus the boards lack of foresight at not taken the right action when Sinnot pissed off, and taking their eye of the ball and not demanding that the manager strengthen at the beginning of 2016.
This demise of the team goes back way further than when Jim Harvey came to the club

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »

The jury's out on Harvey for me. I've always liked him as a manager and admired his teams but he's a purist when what we need now is some brutal pragmatism.

I do also think it's reasonable to expect some signs of improvement in the team seven weeks into his tenure. I sincerely hope his interview after last night's match consists of rather more than him looking dumbfounded and saying 'that was really poor'. We as fans need to see that he believes he can get us out of this and has a plan as to how he's going to do it but I'm sensing the exact opposite at the moment.

For me, people saying 'in Jim we trust' do so more from blind faith than evidence.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:54:17 AM by Leon »

dunhamalty

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »

It's a yes from me. He nearly saved Halifax last year so I don't know anyone else who would come with better credentials.

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »

He has to be given more time. I have my doubts about his approach, which is why I'd be a 'don't know' in the polls at the moment, but he has been in post for just seven weeks & that simply isn't long enough to make a reasoned judgement. It may, however, come down to whether he himself wants to carry on.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »

I honestly don't know. Like everyone else I thought he was an excellent appointment and appears to have all the right firefighting credentials that we need, but I would have hoped to have seen some sort of response from the players (if not results). However, it looks like they are going in the opposite direction and this is the most worrying aspect for me, that they are not responding to him (whether this be a personality mismatch or what I don't know).

I was back over for the Stockport home game and although the problems were obvious, I didn't think we were a million miles away, but sadly we appear to have regressed still further. I'm over again for the Lincoln game as it was bought for me as a birthday gift.....I shall have to concentrate on the meeting friends and drinking aspect of this gift as I fear the on-the-pitch component could be very painful
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »

Yes from me.

Players take the blame and should knuckle down and stop giving the ball away its simple and basic...james lawrie needs to score two wonder goals a game to eaqual out the times he is disposessed in our half...

brinners

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »

100% yes from me.

I'd like the players to be honest. If they're not interested in Alty, can they just ask to leave please, for all our goods. We are good fans at Alty and we're really hurting right now. If you're not as committed as us, fair enough, but just go.

arnald

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »

To Inherit a useless team can't defend can't  attack
The worst alty side ever sack the board before the manager

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »

Said yes, but time will tell. Until he has the squad he picked then he is managing with other peoples choices.

Football is a fine line between winning and losing, but we are below thew line at present and can't see it. Hope it changes soon.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »

Has to be given time to sort things out. I'm not sure what people where expecting in regards to quality signings coming in. The budget had been spent and decent players are in teams starting 11 and settled. Unless we have a wedge of money to throw at it, we are going to be trying to get performances from other teams cast offs at this stage. Couldn't believe how quiet the players were last night, we desperately need 2-3 nut jobs that that bully a few of our own and the opposition out on the pitch (they don't need to be the best footballers , they need to be hungry and willing to go to the well every game). We've had them in the past and the influence can be infectious. It's a dog fight now.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

It's a yes from me. He my preferred candidate at time and I can't think of anyone better. However I am bemused by some of his decision i.e. playiplaying 1 up front against piss poor teams. I wasn't there last night so Im only going off match updates but it seems a strange to take Reeves off when we need goals.

Hope he has lined up 2 cbs as soon as possible.

So it's a yes but no as enfatic as it was
Full time and proud of it

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »

It's a yes from me. He my preferred candidate at time and I can't think of anyone better. However I am bemused by some of his decision i.e. playiplaying 1 up front against piss poor teams. I wasn't there last night so Im only going off match updates but it seems a strange to take Reeves off when we need goals.

Hope he has lined up 2 cbs as soon as possible.

So it's a yes but no as enfatic as it was

He played 2 up front last night - Reeves and Marsh.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »

I know. But that's the 1st time he's started with 2 up front to my knowledge
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey