Is he the right man for the job?

Yes
- 59 (93.7%)
No
- 4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 02, 2016, 07:48:17 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 19824 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »

Jim's latest interview suggests that he has finally had enough of the current crop of players and has no belief (like the fans) that they can get us out of this mess. I'd be looking to move on Dawber, Hall, Goodall, Richman, Moult (regretfully), Lawrie, Hasler Cregg, Joyce and Hobson as soon as possible. I'd also be trying to come to some sort of arrangement with Sean Densmore. Even if he came back before Christmas he'd be so rusty that I see little point in continuing to pay him. Tim Deasey has been a disappointment since he came back and if a better alternative can be found then I'd shift him on too.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »

Jim's latest interview suggests that he has finally had enough of the current crop of players and has no belief (like the fans) that they can get us out of this mess. I'd be looking to move on Dawber, Hall, Goodall, Richman, Moult (regretfully), Lawrie, Hasler Cregg, Joyce and Hobson as soon as possible. I'd also be trying to come to some sort of arrangement with Sean Densmore. Even if he came back before Christmas he'd be so rusty that I see little point in continuing to pay him. Tim Deasey has been a disappointment since he came back and if a better alternative can be found then I'd shift him on too.

Moult could easily improve with a decent central midfield partner .Not sure about Patterson defensively either very good going forward though,you rate Cyrus then ?

Jimmy

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »

He didn't have a decent partner last season but was outstanding

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:35 PM »

I'd add Cyrus to that list but I'd keep Dawber and Moult. Dawber is an adequate back up keeper and I believe Moult along with Deasy are just very low on confidence and not bad players.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »

Yeh, maybe give Moult another go with some quality players around him, this time last year he was in good form and his performance against Colchester in the cup was absolutely top drawer. I like John Cyrus, don't get me wrong he had a nightmare against BPA, but I think in a decent side alongside an experienced centre back he could develop into a good player.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 08:15:52 PM »

Sam Heathcote is head and shoulders better than Cyrus and would benfit from playing next to hanigan.
Full time and proud of it

York Alty is back

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »

I would retain Deasey, we have not defended like a team should at all. We give the ball away,  make crap decisions and fail to complete passes all over the pitch. Given all that it is no surprise we're leaking like a sieve.  I do think he should be more vocal and command his area better though.

I will be happy to see the back of the vast majority of this set of plonkers.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:38 AM »

Given the Cup run and Watmore appearance cash what do people think Jim has to play with money wise, about £50k? That's around £2k per week on top of the budget until the end of the season, all things being equal. That would be enough to bring in 5 or 6 via loans / short term / non-contracts of a decent standard for this league? I'm encouraged by Jim's interview and hope three, four or more new faces arrive very soon. Anything less won't be sufficient to get us moving in the right direction before it's too late. If we don't start getting results soon gates will go down and the extra £2k will just be used to plug the hole in the existing budget.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:48:31 AM by JTH »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 12:41:10 AM »

I suspect a large chunk of that figure would need to spent on paying up contracts of some of the dross we currently have on the books. Consequently there won't be an awful lot left to bring in new players.

brinners

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »

Cash offer for Jack Rea would be interesting given Telford's financial woes. More likely it'll be a Nicky or two (Clee and Wroe). Gary Jones still available too. Did somebody mention Glen Rule recently? It'll be an interesting week or two, that's for sure.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »

I suspect a large chunk of that figure would need to spent on paying up contracts of some of the dross we currently have on the books. Consequently there won't be an awful lot left to bring in new players.

That would certainly be the case if the Cup run and the Watmore £ , or some % of it, was already accounted for in the budget - but my understanding is it's all extra on top (provided other revenue holds up of course). Agreed -  if we can come to termination agreements with some of those on season long contracts it would, albeit sadly in some cases, represent good business.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:15:06 AM by JTH »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »

Let's hope we can get some players in before Saturday. The cup should be motivation in itself but watching those full bpa highlights, we really are lost at the moment

andrewflynn

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 10:08:07 AM »

He was outstanding for half the season mate, but like the rest of them he suffered from post-Colchesteritus and he's been very poor since. Getting into the XI on name alone at this stage.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »

He was outstanding for half the season mate, but like the rest of them he suffered from post-Colchesteritus and he's been very poor since. Getting into the XI on name alone at this stage.

agreed i would still keep though him , as others have said we need a new midfield , ie 2 central midfielders and 2 wide players who can defend and attack.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »

i would keep Simon Richman
Harold
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey