PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through thick and thin.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Through thick and thin.  (Read 7446 times)

bighairedmike

Through thick and thin.
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:55:46 PM »

To all of those making today's trip to Worcester, I salute you. Every single one of you should be reimbursed for your journey, match ticket and beer money. As a long time supporter and away supporter, I genuinely don't have it in me to go to this game. I have travelled more miles than I can count, spent more money than I can afford and jeopardised careers, relationships and my health to follow this team over the last 17 years, but it is just a drop in the ocean in comparison to a lot of the people that follow Our Club and every single person that goes today is a better person than me and a credit to this fine club.

I say Our Club because it is ours. As a collective. The club can't run without the fans. All the hard work that Jack and Andrew put in on social media to attempt to (successfully) grow crowds, all the work that is done in the community by the board which has added to the fan base and people being aware of the clubs name, all of the money spent by the loyal supporters who have watched sh*t after sh*t over the last 18 months, it'll all be a waste if we continue to sink.

It's time for the board to put aside their differences with the fans. For the players to stop sulking and hold their heads up high. For everybody at the club, from top to bottom, to pull together. For a sincere acknowledgement from the board that we are valued. Not just a free coach journey every now and then but a  heartfelt message of thanks for the time, effort, money and passion that has been put in.

The patience shown by the fans has been incredible, the support superb and the loyalty amazing. We are entitled to moan when things are wrong and should not be shamed on social media, in the news and by the board.

This is Our Club. Our Altrincham. And we'll be there, through thick and thin.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Through thick and thin.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »

Well said
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »

Agreed , has the we are alty twitter gone ?it was good .

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »

I deactivated it because taking over the club's official channels has meant I haven't the time nor content to cover both.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »

I deactivated it because taking over the club's official channels has meant I haven't the time nor content to cover both.

ok thanks

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »

To all of those making today's trip to Worcester, I salute you. Every single one of you should be reimbursed for your journey, match ticket and beer money. As a long time supporter and away supporter, I genuinely don't have it in me to go to this game. I have travelled more miles than I can count, spent more money than I can afford and jeopardised careers, relationships and my health to follow this team over the last 17 years, but it is just a drop in the ocean in comparison to a lot of the people that follow Our Club and every single person that goes today is a better person than me and a credit to this fine club.

I say Our Club because it is ours. As a collective. The club can't run without the fans. All the hard work that Jack and Andrew put in on social media to attempt to (successfully) grow crowds, all the work that is done in the community by the board which has added to the fan base and people being aware of the clubs name, all of the money spent by the loyal supporters who have watched sh*t after sh*t over the last 18 months, it'll all be a waste if we continue to sink.

It's time for the board to put aside their differences with the fans. For the players to stop sulking and hold their heads up high. For everybody at the club, from top to bottom, to pull together. For a sincere acknowledgement from the board that we are valued. Not just a free coach journey every now and then but a  heartfelt message of thanks for the time, effort, money and passion that has been put in.

The patience shown by the fans has been incredible, the support superb and the loyalty amazing. We are entitled to moan when things are wrong and should not be shamed on social media, in the news and by the board.

This is Our Club. Our Altrincham. And we'll be there, through thick and thin.
Well said
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »

Graham Heathcoat just summed it up perfectly on RR at halftime. One of the things he said is when players get the football club inside them, then they will gain the extra yard... very good summary at ht Graham. Told it how it is and no bullsh*t. Great to hear...

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »

Graham Heathcoat just summed it up perfectly on RR at halftime. One of the things he said is when players get the football club inside them, then they will gain the extra yard... very good summary at ht Graham. Told it how it is and no bullsh*t. Great to hear...

Bad thing is we've got senior players you'd expect to see that from and they're showing nothing.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »

Due to other commitments this season, mainly saving up for a wedding, I've only been to 2 away games this season, Harrogate and Stalybridge. Today I couldn't make anyway, but when I saw the final score I just laughed. No anger, no thinking we are in the do do. Just laughing at where our once proud club finds itself.

I've followed the team up and down the country for the last 22 years, and I don't feel or want to go away games. I don't even get excited going to Moss Lane, only looking forward to see friends. The worst thing about this whole situation is that it isn't just the known forum moaners who aren't happy, it's now also long standing, hardcore supporters, who have and still do give any help they can to the club. For me that is the saddest thing, and something that needs to be sorted before it's too late.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:03:34 PM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »

Give up Nasha.  You should be banned for sensible posting.

It is too late though

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »

Thick ? I'd have to be to keep giving up time when I should be working in order to watch utter garbage.

Thin ? Our crowds are becoming increasingly so.

This year's season ticket was money down the drain. Won't be turning up again until there are signs of improvement.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 09:21:29 PM »

Give up Nasha.  You should be banned for sensible posting.

It is too late though

Indeed it is too late on the pitch, and me saying that when I've always been a 'half full glass' man says a lot. I meant too late before the apathy spreads and people like myself will no longer be there anymore.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 09:22:05 PM »

Our crowds havent thinned out

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 09:28:42 PM »

Due to other commitments this season, mainly saving up for a wedding, I've only been to 2 away games this season, Harrogate and Stalybridge. Today I couldn't make anyway, but when I saw the final score I just laughed. No anger, no thinking we are in the do do. Just laughing at where our once proud club finds itself.

I've followed the team up and down the country for the last 22 years, and I don't feel or want to go away games. I don't even get excited going to Moss Lane, only looking forward to see friends. The worst thing about this whole situation is that it isn't just the known forum moaners who aren't happy, it's now also long standing, hardcore supporters, who have and still do give any help they can to the club. For me that is the saddest thing, and something that needs to be sorted before it's too late.

Summed up perfectly Nasha!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »

Our crowds havent thinned out
my hair has
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through thick and thin.