PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lincoln - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lincoln - Match Thread  (Read 17686 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2016, 10:50:24 PM »

Considering the quality of the opposition I thought we did OK today. Lincoln would have taken their foot off the gas but all told it was a decent effort. Of the two newbies Lennighan (sp?) looked better than Obeng but its early days. Sorry to say it but Cyrus blunder for the second Lincoln goal was inexcusable. It seems beyond our current players to concentrate for 90 minutes. It's utterly infuriating. It's not even if he had Hannigan or Thomas alongside him telling him what's what it's just a sheer lack of basic common sense. Suicidal balls on the edge of our box.
I know he scored today but he has done this numerous times now he seemed OK when he first joined but he is a liability
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »

Considering the quality of the opposition I thought we did OK today. Lincoln would have taken their foot off the gas but all told it was a decent effort. Of the two newbies Lennighan (sp?) looked better than Obeng but its early days. Sorry to say it but Cyrus blunder for the second Lincoln goal was inexcusable. It seems beyond our current players to concentrate for 90 minutes. It's utterly infuriating. It's not even if he had Hannigan or Thomas alongside him telling him what's what it's just a sheer lack of basic common sense. Suicidal balls on the edge of our box.
I know he scored today but he has done this numerous times now he seemed OK when he first joined but he is a liability

People like you who have seen much more of us this season have said exactly the same today. He came with promise in the summer but we can't carry on. Whilst Hannigan and Thomas are fit he cannot be in our first XI unless he cuts out the basic errors.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2016, 11:27:27 PM »

Why did Tom 'Brendan Burke' Hannigan  go off at ht today? Injured or tactical! 

Hulme Robin

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2016, 02:10:02 AM »

Nah, obeng no 2 looked lively and got stuck in. Lennighan looked unfit and his first touch let him down a bit. Agree about Cyrus- the lad struggles when we push forward and defend a high line. His confidence just isn't there. He makes a mistake then dwells on it. Thought Patterson was immense - that sliding tackle was perfection. Ran the width of the pitch then took the ball so cleanly. Sweet.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »

Why did Tom 'Brendan Burke' Hannigan  go off at ht today? Injured or tactical! 

We bumped into his old man in the pub pre game as it happens. Apparently the plan was always to give him only 45-60 mins to build up how match fitness. He looked decent whilst he was on and hopefully now this can be the start of a long run for him. With him in the team I think we will improve at the back.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »

Thank you Sarf London

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2016, 10:32:57 AM »

I thought Obeng had a pretty solid debut, but that it was too early to tell with Lenighan.  Lincolnshire long ball grade meant he reall could get in the game for long periods.  In the last 20 minutes we sowed something I have not seen often this season - we got stuck in.  There was one passage of play where we won 3 consecutive 50:50 balls, including one from Wilkinson.  I think Moult had a much better game than recently, and both Patterson and Richman gave really good accounts of themselves.  It was a better away performance against a conference national team than games like Eastleigh,Torquay, Braintree etc last season

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »

Lets hope that we can now start to build up our performances ongoing. Let this be the catalyst for continued improvement. I feel we have enough good players to be able to build on this but lets also try and cut out silly mistakes which are costing us games.

I hope Tom Hannigan is ok for next week, we need him. 

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »

Enjoyed the day and particularly the last 30 minutes of the game when we suddenly sprang into life with the changes of personnel. Patterson and Richman made a difference and Marsh held the ball up - credit to Jim Harvey. However for the first hour, we offered very little and were disappointing considering this was the First Round of the FA Cup.

John Cyrus is an Evostick player and looks like one, quite why we Young signed him i'll never know, but we should be looking to replace him if we want to give ourselves a chance. In the second half, Moult looked the more accomplished Centre Half, which shouldn't be the case. Also I've never seen a manager give a goalkeeper a technical lesson before, during a match - Dawber needs to look at himself. Was Deasy injured?

Also full marks from me for Andrew McWilliams who i thought was our man of the match, he was up and down that left wing all afternoon, defending well and trying to create further up the field. The fact that he hasn't been mentioned is probably because he was doing his job.

I made the trip not for the Board, or even the majority of the players but because I think Jim Harvey is on to something although whether he has enough time or resources to keep us up remains to be seen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lincoln - Match Thread