News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 To the 161....

Author Topic: To the 161....  (Read 4370 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
To the 161....
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »

I take my hat off to you all

Twitter was buzzing saying how amazing you all were

Well done
ParkINson's red and white army

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: To the 161....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 01:49:31 PM »

Nice one Wayne, it was a good atmosphere yesterday....mainly trying to drown out the incessant mindless drumming from the Lincoln mob.

Considering the first half was so one sided, our fans are to be commended for keeping the faith and giving the team great support for the whole 90 minutes.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »

Nice one Wayne, it was a good atmosphere yesterday....mainly trying to drown out the incessant mindless drumming from the Lincoln mob.

Considering the first half was so one sided, our fans are to be commended for keeping the faith and giving the team great support for the whole 90 minutes.
that reminds me of an away game against Slough.  Must have been early 90s they had a drum and we're banging it for 88 minutes . We went 1 up with 2 minutes to go. The drum stopped . It was very funny

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:19:02 PM »

that reminds me of an away game against Slough.  Must have been early 90s they had a drum and we're banging it for 88 minutes . We went 1 up with 2 minutes to go. The drum stopped . It was very funny

Darren Pybus scored after coming on as a substitute.

Late August/Early September 1993 I think.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 11:50:54 PM »

Later than 93 as i recall Brian.

September 95?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:44:54 AM »

that reminds me of an away game against Slough.  Must have been early 90s they had a drum and we're banging it for 88 minutes . We went 1 up with 2 minutes to go. The drum stopped . It was very funny

September 95?

Saturday, 31st August 1996:

http://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/3903/

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:52:40 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 03:22:59 AM »

Garry Abbott bought me a pint

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 07:52:03 AM »

A tough physical side. 

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »

Yes, well done to one and all. The game was better than I expected (esp. 2nd half), particularly as I would have taken a 3-0 defeat before the game (just didn't want us to be embarrassed. At least they showed some fight in the second half and as a result they got applauded off.

About to head back across the water after a beery weekend and my tail is not between my legs (amazing what a bit of surgical strapping will do).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »

September 95?

It may well have been Beez, I can only really remember that Darren Pybus scored late on & that it was a very fortunate win.As Pybus only played less than a handful of games, I can't really place him in a team or time, although it was no earlier than 1993 & no later than 1996.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »

that reminds me of an away game against Slough.  Must have been early 90s they had a drum and we're banging it for 88 minutes . We went 1 up with 2 minutes to go. The drum stopped . It was very funny

September 95?

Saturday, 31st August 1996:

http://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/3903/

Oh well, I was just three years out ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 To the 161....