PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disgraceful
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Disgraceful  (Read 13540 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Disgraceful
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »

The team don't seem to be able to comprehend simple instructions.

Probably due to them being too fkn busy poncing about on social media sites telling everybody what they fkn had for dinner.

I would get them all on a beasting session and get them to work as a team and install some grit and fight in them.

roytonmike

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 08:53:36 PM »

Two things I fail to understand. 1 - Why did the XI that finished the game at Lincoln - and competed well in the second half there - not start the game today? 2 - When Richman came on at Lincoln the energy level of the team rose by a factor of getting on for 100%, yet today he was on the bench & stayed there. Why? If he wasn't fit to play he shouldn't have been named as a sub - & if he was fit to play he should surely have started. I try not to be critical of managers - nearly 50 years watching Alty has taught me that managers know more than I do about the game - but Mr. Harvey's team selection today defeated me completely.
I shall be looking at the clubs in the league below to see how many new grounds I'll be visiting in 2017-18; meanwhile, fool that I am, I'll be at Alfreton on Saturday, wherever we play in the Trophy the week after, at Moss Lane on December 3rd, & certified soon after that, I don't doubt.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »

Suprrb post AFC56
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:48 PM »

I admire your fortitude Mike  (I don't think you need certifying quite yet !) but I've reached a point where I can't arouse enough enthusiasm to attend home games when I have a season ticket. I don't expect to see my team play again this calendar year, and early 2017 looks distinctly unpromising at the moment. At this rate we'll be playing to actual crowds of 400 by then though absent season ticket holders will inflate that figure by a fair few. It's simply too depressing to watch just now.

mase

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 09:47:48 PM »

Jim had to try something different. It didn't work. He inherited a very poor squad and the only players available are free agents who are free for a reason. Yes, Obeng over Reeves was weird, but I think he was trying to bringing more speed up front. That didn't work either. On a positive note, the new centre back was pretty decent and the defence generally looked more compact than it has done all season. Dawber was brilliant today. We lack the kind of creativity Nicky would have provided and the kind of physicality that a Robbie Lawton or Eddie would have provided in midfield. I think we're down, but I do believe in miracles.

Unfortunately I don't believe in miracles
the harder you work the luckier you get a great manger once said.
We try and pass the ball yet it was Salford  who had all the chances
(don't think they put more more than 4-5 passes together but to be be fair that doesn't matter and particularly against us when one long ball will do)   We didn't put in one serious challenge today  any where on the park!!!!!!

Dawber was good true however that was because the defence was so poor. 1st goal conceded same old same old ball over the top in the channel catches us out every time and unfortunately that was then game over as we showed very little in the second half. I reckon I've seen 3 of the worst ever Alty  home performances in one season!

I can't currently see us winning  another game, yet we need minimum playoff form just to survive....... based on our last 18-24months performances is that a realistic possibility.

really not sure where we go from here..... perhaps praying for miracles is the only solution, I certainly will  pray for Jim

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »

Two things I fail to understand. 1 - Why did the XI that finished the game at Lincoln - and competed well in the second half there - not start the game today? 2 - When Richman came on at Lincoln the energy level of the team rose by a factor of getting on for 100%, yet today he was on the bench & stayed there. Why? If he wasn't fit to play he shouldn't have been named as a sub - & if he was fit to play he should surely have started. I try not to be critical of managers - nearly 50 years watching Alty has taught me that managers know more than I do about the game - but Mr. Harvey's team selection today defeated me completely.
I shall be looking at the clubs in the league below to see how many new grounds I'll be visiting in 2017-18; meanwhile, fool that I am, I'll be at Alfreton on Saturday, wherever we play in the Trophy the week after, at Moss Lane on December 3rd, & certified soon after that, I don't doubt.

Spot on post. If you end a game well then carry on with momentum.  Not impressed with Jim and I love Doughty as a player but no assistant manager. Not sure if they are the right combination. Graham,  still here without FA  qualifications but I would get better results. Desperate times and desperate measures.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »

Bunch of fannies be ashamed. Man up and get a grip. That includes the manger making sh*te decisons. Do you think you'd win games with Miller, Lawrie and Wilkinson in the same squad?what did you learn as Northern Ireland assistant manager? Even if can see that man.

Chrissy A

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 12:12:39 AM »

Re: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?
« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:06:43 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove
I actually can't believe there are people on here defending what we seen today! We looked more solid defensively? We could have been 5-0 down at half time. Also, 5 of the starting 11 today were Harvey signings. I understand he is limited to who he can get in at this stage of the season but most managers would be lucky to get the chance to bring in 6/7 players in the summer never mind mid season. Drastic changes/improvements needed pronto or it really is time to get ready for the Evo stick.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 01:08:30 AM »

Jim Harvey's record in charge is surely one of unprecedented misery for any Altrincham FC manager in his opening eight league fixtures:

Won: 1.

Drawn: 0.

Lost: 7.

Goals scored: 5.

Goals conceded: 20.

Points gained: 3 out of a possible total of 24.

As you may already have gathered, I am utterly deflated after our latest calamity.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:11:32 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 01:25:33 AM »

Jim Harvey's record in charge is surely one of unprecedented misery for any Altrincham FC manager in his opening eight league fixtures:

Won: 1.

Drawn: 0.

Lost: 7.

Goals scored: 5.

Goals conceded: 20.

Points gained: 3 out of a possible total of 24.

As you may already have gathered, I am utterly deflated after our latest calamity.

mother have mercy on our poor souls
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 07:38:21 AM »

Sean Williams from Telford to Warrington? Isn't he the sort of player we could have done with at this level?

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »

Sean Williams from Telford to Warrington? Isn't he the sort of player we could have done with at this level?
Exactly.

Man of Moss

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »

Proper grafter that fella

roytonmike

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:02 PM »

According to the Shropshire Star (as quoted on our club website) "It is reported that Sean Williams has left the club because of work commitments." It could be that those commitments would limit his choice of club, so although we could have done with him he might simply not be available to us.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disgraceful