PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview  (Read 6828 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »

Same old same old. Players not carrying out their basic instructions and doing their own thing.
Maybe it is time for JH to start getting a bit nasty and get stuck into these tossers who don't do as instructed.

I also found the bit he said about his hands being tied due to people being on contract very worrying, it insinuates were stuck with this lot for the foreseeable future.

I was surprised he wasn't questioned about the formation of not having a striker up top, and making Cyrus Captain (he needs to concentrate on eliminating personal errors rather than being skipper).

Time to start hurling a few cups and verbal at this lot James. Nice friendly words ain't working.

f**k all drive, ambition, fight or heart in this squad.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:13 PM »

Jim commented on the players not following instruction and then also commented on the only having them for training twice a week. I don't believe that all of them are wronguns who are going out and deliberately failing to following instruction. I think it's more a case that they are totally confused about what they are being asked. Every week there is a new formation and new players. How the hell are you meant to get a orangised solid unit doing that? Jim has fallen into the trap of over complicating things. Get back to basics for gods sake, because remember you only have them for twice a week training.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »

Footballs a simple game. Players make it difficult for themselves

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:41 PM »

Sadly, JH strikes me as someone with no real idea of how to get us out of this mess and no belief that he'll be able to do so.

We are clearly down and the rest of this season looks a write-off to me. I'd leave him in post till the end of the season then get a young, hungry manager with Evostik experience to try to win that league next season.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »

Sadly, JH strikes me as someone with no real idea of how to get us out of this mess and no belief that he'll be able to do so.

We are clearly down and the rest of this season looks a write-off to me. I'd leave him in post till the end of the season then get a young, hungry manager with Evostik experience to try to win that league next season.
Sadly I agree. His body language and tone was low.

Let's build a robust plan for next year now and scope players who are local and hungry with a couple of big hitters
Come on you red and white........

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47:12 PM »

Same old same old. Players not carrying out their basic instructions and doing their own thing.
Maybe it is time for JH to start getting a bit nasty and get stuck into these tossers who don't do as instructed.
I also found the bit he said about his hands being tied due to people being on contract very worrying, it insinuates were stuck with this lot for the foreseeable future.
I was surprised he wasn't questioned about the formation of not having a striker up top, and making Cyrus Captain (he needs to concentrate on eliminating personal errors rather than being skipper).
Time to start hurling a few cups and verbal at this lot James. Nice friendly words ain't working.
f**k all drive, ambition, fight or heart in this squad.
I'm not that surprised by this - we are in all probability in a position where if there is to be inward movement there has to be matching outward movement, so change will be slow coming in that respect. I share your surprise that he wasn't asked about formation/captaincy; fitness might also have been enquired into with regard to those on the subs' bench.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

Ray/Mike....apologies for the oversight of missing asking about the formation/choice of captain.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »

I'm sure you will have the opportunity in the future.

To be honest in the interviews you are starting to sound apologetic/embarrassed about having to do the interviews. Boy do we need a win.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 07:37:42 PM »

Ray/Mike....apologies for the oversight of missing asking about the formation/choice of captain.

I want a meaner, more Paxmanesque Brian Flynn!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »

I want a meaner, more Paxmanesque Brian Flynn!

A meaner more Paxmanesque team might be a better option.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 10:28:33 PM »

To be honest in the interviews you are starting to sound apologetic/embarrassed about having to do the interviews. Boy do we need a win.

That is certainly likely.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:31:54 PM by Brian Flynn »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 10:43:12 PM »

There was no intention & there is clearly no need to sound apologetic but if that's your perception, then fair enough.

I certainly wasn't embarassed in the slightest by the performance yesterday. Salford deservedly won & 2-0 was a fair scoreline but I was quite pleased with the effort put in at 2-0 down to claw ourselves back into the game & I thought that there were some good individual performances. Overall my views of the game were fairly well in line with the Salford City website report:-

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/solid-salford-too-much-for-alty-report-interviews--1720859.html
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:53:11 PM by Brian Flynn »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 05:18:52 AM »

It's a clear indication of how far we have fallen and how poor we have been that we are satisfied with us trying at 2 nil down after being awful for long spells and barley testing the keeper and being lucky not to be 5 down after terrible finishing by the opposition

Oh for the days of fans complaining over a 1 1 draw away at Oxford

Some of the distribution and failure to man mark again on Saturday was terrible
Come on you red and white........

arnald

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 07:37:52 AM »

It's a clear indication of how far we have fallen and how poor we have been that we are satisfied with us trying at 2 nil down after being awful for long spells and barley testing the keeper and being lucky not to be 5 down after terrible finishing by the opposition

Oh for the days of fans complaining over a 1 1 draw away at Oxford

Some of the distribution and failure to man mark again on Saturday was terrible
good post I keep saying I'm not going anymore but find my self with nowt else to do turn up to watch the worst alty side in the history of the club sack the board now

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview