PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Alfreton - Match Thread  (Read 25447 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton - Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2016, 11:15:38 PM »

This forum was pro-Rowley when it was populated by people with a degree of common sense and understanding how the world works.  It is now 50% trolls.  It is the people on here that have changed not the opinion of the majority of those individuals

A very harsh judgement. The vast majority of posters on here are sincere in their opinions, even if you happen to disagree with them. Would you care to name names as to who these 50% are?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2016, 01:04:35 AM »

"60% of this forum voted Rowley out only a couple of weeks ago and you should respect that"

What?  This is a forum, not a binding referendum!

An instance of 'Evo-Stik means Evo-Stik' perhaps...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:04 AM »

This forum was pro-Rowley when it was populated by people with a degree of common sense and understanding how the world works.  It is now 50% trolls.  It is the people on here that have changed not the opinion of the majority of those individuals

A very harsh judgement. The vast majority of posters on here are sincere in their opinions, even if you happen to disagree with them. Would you care to name names as to who these 50% are?
great question. I would actually say this this in itself is a "trolling" post
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »

The "everyone that disagrees with my point of view is stupid/uneducated" approach is why we've got a brexit vote in Britain and Donald trump heading into the White House. I think the boardroom needs to be strengthened, have had that view for a long time and will continue to hold that view. Proof is in the pudding when we can't compete with clubs like Harrogate town for 30 odd year old players. But it's wrong to question people's common sense just because they want to see a different direction for the club.  Everyone should be able to air a view without it turning personal.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »

I sat with my head in my hands yesterday after the game, and the 130 mile drive back South was n total silence.  

Simon Richman was inspired yesterday, Jake Moult had his best game for a while.  We had good tacking back and muscle from Wilko, Jimmy Lawrie and Miller.  So the midfield did its bit in front of a back 4 that did look more solid.  Reevsie worked and worked and his turn on the half way line for the run on goal was sublime.  If we can play like that for 90 minutes instead of 80 we will win games.

However the subs added nothing - Marsh anonymous, Obeng bypassed in midfield, Goodall anonymous.  Worse than that - we were unable to play the ball out from the back with the subs because the whilst the starting eleven knew where each other were, the finishing eleven didnt.  And therefore the ball got hoofed back in.

By the way, to suggest that Grahame Rowley should resign (several times on this and other posts) because a team that had played well failed to hang on to a lead is a patent nonsense and should not be indulged.  Its only a couple of weeks since the AGM where the vast consensus was that the board was listening to the fans and putting in place measures to address their concerns.  That is still the case, and yesterdays match has no bearing on it

Consensus of who? The shareholders who own the club are either hopelessly out of touch, have their own agenda, are disinterested and don't go to the games, or sit on the current board.

Are you suggesting that supporters of the football club should get 'back in their box' and accept everything because the shareholders told them to?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »

Not really justification as majority of Shareholders at the AGM were the Rowley family, club staff/volunteers and friends of the Board like Graham Heathcote etc. Hardly an independent panel.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »

......Consensus of who? The shareholders who own the club are either hopelessly out of touch, have their own agenda, are disinterested and don't go to the games, or sit on the current board.

Let's have a look at that:

"Hopelessly out of touch" I don't think so as they are all fans of the club and have witnessed everything you have and no doubt read this forum - which whilst voicing the opinion of those who post on here regularly (did someone say 60?) statistically is an irrelevance.
"Have their own agenda" I doubt that very much. Everyone wants this club to succeed. We all have our opinions on how best this can be achieved though.
"disinterested" Afraid not.  Who do you think "shareholders" are? We're all supporters.
"don't go to the games" wrong again.
"sit on the current board" Correct. A small proportion do but see the two previous answers above.

Nice try, but could do better.

bighairedmike

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »

......Consensus of who? The shareholders who own the club are either hopelessly out of touch, have their own agenda, are disinterested and don't go to the games, or sit on the current board.

"Hopelessly out of touch" I don't think so as they are all fans of the club and have witnessed everything you have and no doubt read this forum - which whilst voicing the opinion of those who post on here regularly (did someone say 60?) statistically is an irrelevance.
"Have their own agenda" I doubt that very much. Everyone wants this club to succeed. We all have our opinions on how best this can be achieved though.
"disinterested" Afraid not.  Who do you think "shareholders" are? We're all supporters.
"sit on the current board" Correct. A small proportion do but see the two previous answers above.

There are thousands of shares that have been lost into oblivion by people who are now "disinterested" and "no longer attend games" so I believe it's you that is wrong on this account.

To claim nobody at the club has an agenda is simply untrue. The chairman had an agenda to get re-elected. The rest of the board had an agenda to make it happen, as did many of the staff/volunteers who attended. You're being incredibly naïve and purposely misinterpreting the wording.

The next two points sit together, "hopelessly out of touch" and "sit on the board". The majority of people that were at the AGM are people who think that everything is rosy at the club, the board have done absolutely no wrong and we are being run brilliantly. The comments by the board and the chairman attacking the fans in various publications without any form of evidence, and then when they had the chance to apologise absolutely refused to, and then ask for solidarity shows how out of touch the current board, and many of the happyclappers that surround them, truly are with the rest of the fan base.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »

I think actually this could do a lot better. Its pretty much falling into the narrow minded or possibly naive bracket.

When you survey something you dont do the whole population you do a subset, There's over a hundred regular users of the forum, i'd say its a strong % and reasonable representation of the fanbase. Otherwise your asserting that none of the fans who dont use the forum share the same opinions of forum users within a similar representation which is quite simply laughable.

George Heslop's Moustache has covered the rest.

Bath Alty

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

I'd love too but they change too fast for me to keep up - maybe it's just 50% of the forum names that are trolls and that's only a small proportion of the people!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread