PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community sports hall

Poll

Has the sports hall taken the clubs eye off the ball in terms of the playing side?

yes
- 29 (48.3%)
no
- 31 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Community sports hall  (Read 10310 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Community sports hall
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »

To be honest, I hope the immense project the CSH is did take a few eyes off the ball, diverted funds in the short term and isn't providing as big an income as suggested.

If not, we're incompetent and truly screwed.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 05:09:23 PM »

What I can't understand is if we have all this extra money we have never had before  (as a number of posters have said we do ) why do none of them want to answer the very simple questions of why we can't compete in the transfer market and what we are doing with all this lovely unexpected cash.

Either they are wrong and we don't have extra money or actually we are no more financially competive than we were prior to the hall

Come on then what's the answer... last chance saloon 😊
ParkINson's red and white army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »

Plenty of clubs at all levels spend relatively huge amounts of time and money on facilities, stands, new grounds even. Do they all face double relegations? Of course not. Many prosper.

I agree with l'homme du sport about the Tolson appointment in as much as the community, caring Alty family ethos appeared to influence him getting the job.  That for me was the biggest failing.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »

Plenty of clubs at all levels spend relatively huge amounts of time and money on facilities, stands, new grounds even. Do they all face double relegations? Of course not. Many prosper.

I agree with l'homme du sport about the Tolson appointment in as much as the community, caring Alty family ethos appeared to influence him getting the job.  That for me was the biggest failing.

I best not change my forum name now or history will make you look rather pretentious!

mikeford2005

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 10:38:42 PM »

What I can't understand is if we have all this extra money we have never had before  (as a number of posters have said we do ) why do none of them want to answer the very simple questions of why we can't compete in the transfer market and what we are doing with all this lovely unexpected cash.

Either they are wrong and we don't have extra money or actually we are no more financially competive than we were prior to the hall

I think the serious answer is that there was never going to be (or promised) 'loads' of money to the club. The bar takings have probably doubled, and so that has meant more money to the club/budget. Having said that, you don't run a club on a bar. It just makes a small difference. That said, I bet without it we'd have been relegated before the last game of the season last year.

York Alty is back

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 11:44:06 PM »

The CSH is there for the long term, to provide another source of revenue, some of which are not related to our league poisition.

The CSH is working as intended, give our take.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »

Our perilous league position is borne out of disastrous FOOTBALLING decisions, nothing more nothing less.

I echo that the CSH is operating as intended - and I'll be happy to 'bump' this thread once our descent has been arrested (in a couple of years hopefully, when we're back at this level and competing).

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »

I think the serious answer is that there was never going to be (or promised) 'loads' of money to the club. The bar takings have probably doubled, and so that has meant more money to the club/budget. Having said that, you don't run a club on a bar. It just makes a small difference. That said, I bet without it we'd have been relegated before the last game of the season last year.
thanks for at least attempting to answer me
ParkINson's red and white army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »

The point you make here is very astute Mike. While revenue through the bar might be higher in % terms vs NWS (despite the loss of funds from other channels into the club), we need to remember that it is just that. A bar. As bar’s go it’s a decent enough bar, but it will only generate revenue on matchdays (20 odd afternoons a year for a few hours), and on occasions where the sports hall is hired on a Friday and Saturday night. It’s no substitute for proper investment, or a proper board of directors, and it never will be.

This misconception isn’t helped in that every time the sport hall is mentioned the community legacy project team come out on the defensive, and we have the “extra-revenue streams” mantra repeated constantly. It’s no surprise people are confused and angry we can’t pay Nicky Clee £400 a week when the general narrative coming out of the club suggests we are sitting on a gold-mine.

Your last sentence is quite a statement!  :)

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »

It wasn't the CSH that signed John Cyrus, Danny Hattersley and Fabio Bassangue.
It wasn't the CSH that released Gianluca Havern, Tim Deasey and Nicky Clee in the summer.
It wasn't the CSH that failed to pick a stable staring xi with any bottle.
It wasn't the CSH failed to find a system to suit the best poacher this clubs ever had.

As far as I am concerned Neil Young must take responsibility for all of the above.

To suggest that poor decisions from the board are down to them focusing on the CSH is nonsense - they picked (in their minds) the best candidate that applied in the summer, but were wrong. The worrying thing for me is how this board seems to continually pick the wrong man - Tolson, Young and Harvey - all of which have failed to live up to expectations. None of this has anything to do with the board "taking their eyes of the ball" or focusing on the CSH, it's just that they simply make poor choices when it comes to recruiting staff. Personally I think when it comes to employing the next manager, Rowley et. al should take a step back and let someone with a footballing background select the manager.

This season is a write off, but in the long term I am pessimistically optimistic - I'm hoping short term pain, long term gain. The CSH is going to be huge for the club going forward.
It will bring in a decent revenue stream for us to build a solid team for next years evostick promotion - the travelling fans from Marine and Barwell are going to sh*t themselves.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »

Should have spent the money on undersoil heating!
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Community sports hall