https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Money  (Read 8783 times)

bumble

Money
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

Seemed to be suggestions on Facebook that someone local had tried to invest in the club and been made to feel unwelcome.

If this is true, I feel lost for words
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:33:46 AM by NWT Alty »

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:39:18 AM »

That'll be because there not part of the clique! We're well and truly f**ked under this board,they'll be happy plodding along in Unibond League with a plastic pitch they can hire out every night so the CSH gets good use. As a football club we're done.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 08:48:44 AM »

I too read that detail on Facebook. If it indeed turns out to be the case (and I have no reason whatsoever to think it isn't) then I will no longer support the club with my usual contributions to things like bucket collections, Monthly draw etc.

We as fans as constantly asked to contribute to the running of the club, yet when somebody with a passion to actually invest in the club is turned away then that does indeed smack of a closed shop / clique.

Just out of interest, have many of you forumites filled in the "questionnaire"...
Personally I thought the "What is the purpose of Altrincham FC" question somewhat strange.

I suppose a possible reply could be, "to gain a place in the Evo Stick League.  If so, Mission accomplished Board members.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook!

You could possibly add to that statement.... Or what comes out of the boardroom

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised ...I think being a board member at Alty is a bit like it used to be for the England cricket team, harder to get bombed out than get in.

There appears no sense of urgency or reality to the perilous situation we find ourselves in today....cast adrift and sinking faster than a Russian submarine. I am becoming increasingly cheesed off listening to JH describing us as ' poor' in his interviews ...there was general amazement as his ' poor' selection on Saturday playing Goodall at CH when we had 2 natural CH's on the bench. Unless they were palpably unfit then there is really no excuse for that. Goodall may have been a decent player when he had legs, but they have gone... and his lack of height makes him an obvious target for the ball over the top which is what happens every time. Surely that has to be the last time we see him playing there, I'm actually unsure as to why he is the team captain too...doesn't exactly inspire others or lead by example.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »

disgrace if this is true. Should have used the money for the CSH to invest in the playing squad! Waste of money that building and not sure where all the rest of the money has gone because that hall does not cost 750k to build

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 09:26:48 AM »

Can someone post a snippet of what was said? Wouldn't surprise me if was true in all honesty. Club is an absolute farce at moment from top to bottom. Priorities have been all wrong for ages.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »

The only thing not a farce are the loyal fans turning up week after week and having to watch the same rubbish! Us fans deserve better than this

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »

Seemed to be suggestions on Facebook that someone local had tried to invest in the club and been made to feel unwelcome.

If this is true, I feel lost for words

I can't see the relevant thread, but do you have a name, as one of the club directors would like to meet with this person.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:22:46 AM by Brian Flynn »

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »

Do we know who the would-be benefactor was ? And is it possible that he/she was given short shrift because there were strings attached to the offer which rendered it unacceptable ?

The last thing we need is another Maunders.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »

Do we know who the would-be benefactor was ? And is it possible that he/she was given short shrift because there were strings attached to the offer which rendered it unacceptable ?

The last thing we need is another Maunders.

1994/95 season best year of my life. Memories that have lasted a lifetime for me and my pals.

Thanks Mr Maunders.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:44 PM »

I worked in the club with John and Gerry Berman the current board is not fit to lick thier boots. They did more for this club than the self centred Rowley family. They were also accessible

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 06:09:17 PM »

I've heard this rumour at the games and from what I heard the fella is Dominic McGuiness from Talksport, along with a group who are prepared to put money in. Apparently approached the Chairman on three occasions but have been turned down on each occasion. I've absolutely no idea if this rumour is true or not.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »

I've heard this rumour at the games and from what I heard the fella is Dominic McGuiness from Talksport, along with a group who are prepared to put money in. Apparently approached the Chairman on three occasions but have been turned down on each occasion. I've absolutely no idea if this rumour is true or not.

So, is this the rumoured 'white knight'...?

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.mcguinness.9

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/thesportbusiness

http://thesportbusiness.co.uk/

http://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2015/09/northern-startups-the-sport-community-helping-companies-invest-in-sport/

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money