PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 20493 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »

Underwhelmed by Doughty as a coach, generally.

Indeed.

Just how on earth has he managed to survive the carnage?

His record (in two separate spells) as Alty's assistant manager in league fixtures is:

Won: 3.

Drawn: 3.

Lost: 15.

Why not just revert to the trio of Densmore, Goodall and Moult?

Whilst I agree with your general point Mr Cult, the amazing thing about those stats are that Matt Doughty has been an assistant manager for 75% of our league wins this calendar year.

We have had 6 management teams this calendar year and 4 league wins. That in itself says it all.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 06:03:36 PM »

Good decision to let JH go. Possibly too late but who knows.

Let's get behind Buzz whether he's the right man for the job or not.

A win tonight and a good performance on Sat may be the catalyst for the rest of the season. Here's hoping anyway!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »

The board need to decide whether in their eyes this season is a right off or do they believe with a bit of organisation, sensible selections and fight we could still stay up. If we are still fighting then we need a man that can hit the ground running, needs no introduction and knows exactly which players are crap and which can still contribute. If that's the case I'd see if Graham Heathcote could take the job until the end of the season. I know it may appear bizarre but so are the circumstances. We don't want a man coming in with the "I need to see everybody play and everybody will get a chance to show me what they can do". That would just consume time we haven't got.

If the season is done, then the board might as well take their time and go for that young hungry manager on the way up (if there are any out there!)

arnald

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 06:21:20 PM »

Yes to heathcote he no's the script

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »

I don't think Heathcote would take it, from what I know he's done with management.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 06:36:00 PM »

Playing Goodall at centre back after signing a team of centre backs put the nail in his coffin and rightly so. Also his post match analysis was always the same tone, he seemed lost. For me Heathcote and I appreciate that will upset a few but we need some passion and fight back as decent players are hard to find. Heathcote would 100% bring some fight back.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 06:38:35 PM »

I don't think Heathcote would take it, from what I know he's done with management.

Yeh, he may not want it, but I think it's important for the next man to have some alty in them

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »

Sack the manager to deflect criticism of the board. We are in a right old mess. One wonders if Mr Goodwin saw all this coming and he got out when the going was good?

How we have gone from 20/20 and pushing for maybe 12-15 in the National League to bottom of the Conference North is beyond my comprehension.

There must be more to it than suggesting we have had bad managers.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »

My hope for the next manager is that he is someone we have identified with a credible plan rather than waiting to see who throws their hat in the ring.

Even if that means getting someone currently managing another club and indeed paying for compensation if we have to.

The plan isn't the issue its the execution.

Neil Young had a good solid plan, executed it poorly
Jim has a decent plan but executed it poorly

I know what you're saying Jack, although I think NY plan was a bit hit and hope , and I'm not certain what JH plan actually was (whatever it was it was certainly a slow burner as I suggested a few months ago).

What I'm getting at is you know why was JH the right man 3 months ago but not in the summer.

Is any manager we get just going to be out of whatever out of work (failed?) managers come along. We should (already) have a candidate in mind who we think can achieve what we want and should be looking to approach him and provide him with the necessary backing..

There shouldn't really be an interview stage and if there is, I don't currently have faith in the questions we will ask. Because make no mistake, the questions are more important than the answers in an interview

GR has said we are drifting but that's because we are drifting as a club.

10-12 years ago we had a clear plan to pay off debts and attract good part time players. I've not been sure what our plan has been in recent times. Hope for the best really I guessed

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »

20/20 was a completely ridiculous target in the first place - I mentioned at the time that only Crawley had achieved it - and it cost hundreds of thousands in transfer fees and wages to do so

It should have been a more realistic target (something substantially less) and 20/20 should have raised eyebrows at the time and questioned the sanity of the manager, albeit people were getting giddy with a lower-mid table Conf National finish and talking about play-offs. Acting too late to save our Conf National skin was maybe the start ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »

Might as well give the job to Dens. We won't pay compensation to bring in another manager - absolutely no chance.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 07:55:55 PM »

Might as well give the job to Dens. We won't pay compensation to bring in another manager - absolutely no chance.

Seeing as we're paying him to sit in the stands he might as well do something useful.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 07:59:16 PM »

Seeing as we're paying him to sit in the stands he might as well do something useful.

He's been named as one of tonight's substitutes.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 08:08:59 PM »

Heathcote assisting Doughty tonight along with Robbie Lawton.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »

Hannigan off injured AGAIN!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey