PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 20594 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »

Hannigan off injured AGAIN!!

Indeed - something not right here.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »

I would Graham ago he has Alty in his blood and knows how to battle

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »

Sorry to see Jim go but the job seemed too big for a manager even of his experience and he seemed out of ideas.....I'd reached the stage where this season was a write off and I was happy for him to build for next season......

I think he was on the face of it the right candidate for the job at the time of appointing him and none of us saw the terrible run of results he was to preside over.....I would have liked to have seen the cote bought in as coach under him or at least heard that we'd tried that......I think coaching has been an issue for us all season and how are things going to get any better with the same coach as caretaker manager?.....I feel we are making the same mistake again when under dens we showed a bit more shape at least.

I'd prefer to see the cote put in as sort of ongoing temporary charge but agree we need a hungry manager doing well at this or a lower level.

I think if dens was put in temporary charge we'd see a pick up in hope and fight also.

Under buzz I'm sorry....I can just see more or the same....

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 12:16:21 AM »

Finally some balls from the board! Finally some admission that we are adrift and this isn't just a blip that will turn.

I too have little faith we'll recruit the right person any time soon. Given that, and it seems the board too acknowledge it, then it needs to be a long process to get the right person and if that's the case get GH in until the process is done and let him set some example.

You know just maybe knowing the board have finally clicked on and grown a pair coupled with GH giving a few rollockings might just put a rocket up the arses of a few of our players and get some results.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »

Alas, he appears to be the new Martin Hanchard.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:50 AM »

You know just maybe knowing the board have finally clicked on and grown a pair coupled with GH giving a few rollockings might just put a rocket up the arses of a few of our players and get some results.

I expect that any one of us as fans can go into that dressing room and "give a few rollockings" and put "rockets up arses"............there are certainly some well known supporters on the Golf Rd who could do that......................but do you think that is the answer - a nasty word and we will inspire the players to start winning games  ???

I am sure that NY and JH have tried that approach
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:50:13 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »

He was a hallmark signing by NY and I have to say one of the ones we have signed who are 'up to it' at this level, along with Patterson and Miller and maybe Hobson and Cyrus. However his time on the field is starting to look like his signing was a mistake, based on the assumption that as the former Fylde captain he will be on good money
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2016, 04:02:34 AM »

I expect that any one of us as fans can go into that dressing room and "give a few rollockings" and put "rockets up arses"............there are certainly some well known supporters on the Golf Rd who could do that......................but do you think that is the answer - a nasty word and we will inspire the players to start winning games  ???

I am sure that NY and JH have tried that approach

It depends who is talking to you doesn't it though. Its not necessarily screaming and shouting, its putting someone in their place and making them see what they need to do. I'm pretty sure it wouldnt have taken the players long to realise NY was blagging it. When Fabio turned up and got a contract NY could have done all the shouting in the world and it wouldnt have made a difference. Same with Jim, a few of his more bizarre team selections and substitutions and players will think he's bonkers and just ignore his message.

Get someone in who does the basics, plays the best players we have in their best positions and get the team paying attention for 90 minutes. At the same time weed out any negative attitudes.

GH can get that done, the senior players know him and hopefully still have respect for him to work hard for him (its true I have no clue what the playing squads relationship with him was when he was sacked).

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2016, 07:28:35 AM »

For me you have to have a number of things in place

1. Have players that want to be there and are willing to give 100% . Technically they don't have  to be world beaters
2. Get to know the payers personally and professionally and maximise thier potential
3. Sort the defence  ( we haven't for a year now) and build from there
4. Celebrate progress and success

The tough talks can happen when and if required
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:10 AM »

Only Denmore and Reeves will know Heath cote.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2016, 07:50:34 AM »

He was a hallmark signing by NY and I have to say one of the ones we have signed who are 'up to it' at this level, along with Patterson and Miller and maybe Hobson and Cyrus. However his time on the field is starting to look like his signing was a mistake, based on the assumption that as the former Fylde captain he will be on good money
Suprised at the time Fylde let him go, yet again undone by not having enough funds to have full medicals.  Surely a player themselves knows if they are injured.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

dunhamalty

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »

I was speaking to Tom at half time earlier in the season and he was saying it was the longest he has ever been out injured for. Fylde offered him a decent contract to stay  but go full time and apparently at his age it wasn't worth it to him. He wants to play football but carry on with his career outside football. He seemed like a nice lad so I hope he gets his fitness back and shows us what he can do.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »

Get shut of Hannigan.

Okay, he may be a decent player (or so we have been led to believe anyway) but he's a liability. I've watched every game he's played in and he isn't as good as Marshall, Leather or Havern.

The defence is unsettled enough without having a player who may be able to play one week but not for the next 3.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »

I'd be interested to know the length of Jim Harvey's contract and whether he is entitled to any compensation.

Or is the fact that he was dismissed exactly three months after he was appointed of particular significance?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty is back

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »

Get shut of Hannigan.

a player who may be able to play one week but not for the next 3.

I am swiftly coming to that point of view.  We need to have some sort of positive continuity in the defence.

Sorry, sure he's a quality player on his day. But most days are spent on the sick list.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey