PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans  (Read 11626 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: December 07, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »

To infinity and beyond? Matt Doughty spoke with Brian after Tuesday nights draw against Blyth Spartans:

https://youtu.be/FKkcS5pYZi4
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:07:47 PM by Alty TV »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

Honest assesmen.

At least 2 players coming in.
Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »

Came across very well. One may or may not agree with his assessment of certain players, but his opinions are honestly given & his feeling for the club is clear. I hope he is given time to have an impact by all concerned, on the terraces, in the stand & under the stand, & is not expected to perform miracles by yesterday. As with Shaun Densmore's return to the squad, too much must not be expected too soon from him. Buzz was always a battler - & that's what we need on the field now. My fingers are crossed for him.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM »

A nice change from Jim Harvey's 'very poor' mantra & it is clear with him, Robbie Lawton & GH running the show now that they will not stand for any messing. First vaguely positive thing I've felt about the team in weeks after listening to that. Let's see what happens at the replay though.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »

Good interview by Matt. Honest.

Hope he succeeds with Robbie and GH.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:41:50 PM »

Yes, a very refreshing and winning interview. I think the change of tactics he suggests is wise. Good luck to him, he'll sure as hell need it.

Any update on Hannigan?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 12:24:44 AM »

Seems very much like Doughty is acting as if he's got the job, talking about bringing players in etc.

Fair enough really, at least it he gives a sh*t.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:34:44 AM »

Seems very much like Doughty is acting as if he's got the job, talking about bringing players in etc.

I'd suggest Jimmy that even if he's only in charge for an 'interim period' (however the hell long that is) there's simply no time to waste.  If he thinks he can bring in players of any modicum of quality forthwith then do so immediately. If the next manager decides they're not what he wants then so be it. But we are short all over the park.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »

I spoke to Matt briefly and he said Tom hannigan issue was a nerve and should be fine

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

With Matt, Robbie and Graham at the helm the players will soon find out if they are not fulfilling there task on the pitch

Happy with those 3 running the show at least until the end of the season

I am tired of so called big time Charlies getting to manage Alty only to discover that at the end of the day they have plenty of fkn excuses but not one solution to the problem.
I am sure Jim Harvey is a nice bloke and I truly wish him all the best for the future,  but when you listen to his match summary I half expected him to sit in a rocking chair, whip on his best Jumper and pick up a guitar and give us a rendition of Paddy McGinty's goat.

Good luck you 3. At least we have some bottle, passion and fight back in the setup.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »

I spoke to Matt briefly and he said Tom hannigan issue was a nerve and should be fine

So much for the idea of 'getting rid' of our best defender?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 09:16:18 AM »

If we start winning a putting up a fight to stay up even if it doesn't happen he gets my vote.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »

Am I right in thinking that Doughty was coaching at Warrington before he came to us? The fact that he knows the Evostik league could be in his favour this season and next.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »

Whatever else happens we absolutely cannot afford to get the next permanent appointment wrong again - the new permanent manager is going to have a massive task on his hands turning round this sorry situation. If that means identifying a (very) short list, waiting for the end of the season (but then moving fast to make the appointment) and giving Matt Doughty his chance for the rest of the season then so be it - if he does a good job that may solve the problem and if not we have time to think about it properly. Adding the question "who should be our next manager?" to the strategic review questionnaire would produce interesting (but not binding!) results. I don't think we have time to find a magician who can keep us up this season, but would like to be proved wrong.

At this point I hark back to the Worcester fan's post of about a month ago when he suggested raiding Curzon Ashton for manager & key players. The saddest thing about this is that I cannot think of a single logical reason why John Flanagan would want to move from Curzon Ashton to Altrincham, and that is a very bad state of affairs indeed.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »

There's plenty of managers in work and out of it that would apply for the managers job at altrincham. We never invited applications after sinnotts or youngs departure, and from the press I've seen we haven't as of yet after Harvey's departure. I'm not saying Matt should or shouldn't get the job. But if we are in the market for a new manager, this time we do actually need to invite applications unlike on previous occasions. Otherwise you just get the out of work for a reason, the not very good and the cranks all throwing their hat in
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team