PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans  (Read 11623 times)

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »

Wondered how long it would take Heathcote to sneak his way back through the door after engineering that massive pay out for himself back in 2010/11.

Interim measure or not, its disgraceful. He should be nowhere near.

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »

I spoke to Matt briefly and he said Tom hannigan issue was a nerve and should be fine

So much for the idea of 'getting rid' of our best defender?

He may wee
 He may be,but you cannot defend on the pbysio table. That's my point.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »

I spoke to Matt briefly and he said Tom hannigan issue was a nerve and should be fine

So much for the idea of 'getting rid' of our best defender?

I think you're missing the point.Lets revisit it in a week or two when it's another different ailment that's affecting him.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 01:11:55 PM »

Wondered how long it would take Heathcote to sneak his way back through the door after engineering that massive pay out for himself back in 2010/11.

It's been on the cards for a while mate,as obvious as our impending relegation.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »

How much was the massive payout? I'm intrigued to know what massive is in these circumstances.

I'm not backing him up I genuinely want to know how he engineered it and why this is now such a disgrace?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »

Wasn't it about £40K?

I've got no evidence for this, just seems to be the figure I remember.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »

How much was the massive payout? I'm intrigued to know what massive is in these circumstances.

I'm not backing him up I genuinely want to know how he engineered it and why this is now such a disgrace?

Something in the mid 5 figures if memory serves.

Engineered by way of signing a multi year contract and then suddenly losing all interest. (I wasn't at the first friendly of that pre-season at Woodley but those that went i know were more than a little bemused). After not winning the first 9 or 10 games of the season he then commandeered the meeting in which Geoff Goodwin was to step aside as chairman and effectively challanged the board to sack him.

Which as a coincidence was just around the time the Nash family had donated a substantial sum to be used to boost the playing squad.

Can never forget. Happy to be corrected if factually wrong in any part.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

Engineered by way of signing a multi year contract and then suddenly losing all interest. (I wasn't at the first friendly of that pre-season at Woodley but those that went i know were more than a little bemused). After not winning the first 9 or 10 games of the season he then commandeered the meeting in which Geoff Goodwin was to step aside as chairman and effectively challanged the board to sack him.

Which as a coincidence was just around the time the Nash family had donated a substantial sum to be used to boost the playing squad.

Fair enough, if those are the bare facts then I understand. It sounds like we gave him a years wages to go. Its just a question of whether it was as simple as he'd lost interest? For someone who lost interest he didn't keep him away and doing stuff for the club, I assume without a salary.

I dont think Sinnott has been back since he lost interest (or at least his ambition).

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 03:48:04 PM »

Fair enough, if those are the bare facts then I understand. It sounds like we gave him a years wages to go. Its just a question of whether it was as simple as he'd lost interest? For someone who lost interest he didn't keep him away and doing stuff for the club, I assume without a salary.

I dont think Sinnott has been back since he lost interest (or at least his ambition).

In fairness, my issue isn't about payouts in itself. Sacked managers receive them, i understand that. Its more an issue of the way it came about and the whole 'Mr Altrincham' stuff. I just find it a nonsense. Sure i'm not the only one on that front though.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

If my memory serves me right Graham Heathcote losing interest at that particular time coincided with the death of his mother. I didn't really understand properly at the time but having since lost my own mother I know it can affect you massively.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 04:17:44 PM »

If Matt has asked GH to join him in the dugout and feels his presence is helping him manage the team then go ahead.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »

I think we should be approaching managers not waiting for them to apply.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »

Dont think anyone else be in charge for the forseeable
Full time and proud of it

arnald

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »

We can win with doughty at least he speaks well let's do it lads for the alty

York Alty is back

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »

I think we should be approaching managers not waiting for them to apply.

Tgough we've crapped in our own hat with three managers out the door in quick time.  It'd not appeal to me if I had aspirations to build a team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Matt Doughty Post-Match Interview - Blyth Spartans