PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 14 points adrift
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 14 points adrift  (Read 11680 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
14 points adrift
« on: December 17, 2016, 11:22:39 PM »

What a disgrace

Oh this once proud club with players who would put everything into every challenge

I said if we got relegated it would be disasterous and I was right

Have we reached a new low?

Only time will tell

ParkINson's red and white army

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 14 points adrift
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 01:20:56 PM »

Its a shame Wayne for the first time in many years there seems to be potential to pull big crowds in so imagine what we could achieve if we were doing well.
The trio we have in charge now I believe know whats needed and will get it right as much they can do with a few more games under their belts.
Never say die Alty!!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »

I think some stability is required on and off the pitch. They need to have a few games where they know who is playing around them and how they need to respond to each other. Quite a few times yesterday things broke down because a pass was expected and didn't come or a pass was made that wasn't anticipated. The end result was possession given away far too frequently and far too cheaply.

There's been so much turmoil this season they don't really know instinctively how to interact.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »

Last season that well known Northern club Lowestoft Town got relegated from National North with 46 points, and the year before Colwyn Bay went down with 45. Given that Gainsborough have 20 points from 21 games, and the bottom teams usually get a few more points in the second half of the season than the first, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the same sort of points total will again be needed this season. So where on earth are we going to get the best part of 40 points from against pretty much the same teams we got 7 from in the first half of the season? Simple maths says to me that we are doomed to relegation this season, and need to plan accordingly.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »

Last season that well known Northern club Lowestoft Town got relegated from National North with 46 points, and the year before Colwyn Bay went down with 45. Given that Gainsborough have 20 points from 21 games, and the bottom teams usually get a few more points in the second half of the season than the first, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the same sort of points total will again be needed this season. So where on earth are we going to get the best part of 40 points from against pretty much the same teams we got 7 from in the first half of the season? Simple maths says to me that we are doomed to relegation this season, and need to plan accordingly.

Win the majority of home games cant see it but hoping for a miracle

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:53:57 PM »

Hear Hear, anyone who thinks we will stay up is kidding themselves or in denial. As some of us have been saying for months, you'll need 45 points just try and hope for fourth bottom. The fact we didn't have a shot yesterday in such a local encounter is nothing short of a disgrace. Things simply cannot stay as they are if we achieve a double relegation when shouldn't even have departed the conference, never mind this sh*t league. Of the 400+ there yesterday, half left early and the other half clapped that performance off, incredible. We need to wake up and start planning for next year. Offer season tickets for £100 and £50 and hope we can attract around four figures at that price and give us some money to spend.Do that before end of this season ends. Anything but an intention to win the league is simply not be acceptable.Im that cross I'm glad I'm going away for Christmas. Get Sam Heathcote in the side if Cyrus isn't right. That lad that came on in the second half is an affront to the supporters. Get him out running, might have a football brain but he's a million miles away from this level in that condition.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 03:51:58 PM »

I'd be astonished if we ever saw Clayton MacDonald again. He ain't the problem however. Too many freeloaders on contracts until the end of the season. No way out unfortunately.

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »

We are down. Stop fannying  about with plans to stay up and build a squad and ethos to bounce back next season. That is all we can do.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »

Its a shame Wayne for the first time in many years there seems to be potential to pull big crowds in so imagine what we could achieve if we were doing well.
The trio we have in charge now I believe know whats needed and will get it right as much they can do with a few more games under their belts.
Never say die Alty!!

your right . It's been a tough old 12 months but we have to believe it can better don't we
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »

It depends on how crap the teams around us stay and a very good run from us. the team won't give up just to save funding for next season that wouldn't be the team ide be proud to watch even tho I've been mortality pissed of by it all

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7. They'll install a plastic pitch and be a proper little community hub,they're not particularly arsed what league the team's playing in.

arnald

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7. They'll install a plastic pitch and be a proper little community hub,they're not particularly arsed what league the team's playing in.
I cudnt give a sh*t to be honest about my community or the Olympic legasy I want a football club
In the top league but but I don't think Rowley is commit harry carry or is he ?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 06:17:28 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7.

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 07:00:21 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7.

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.

They either have zero input then or have a funny way of showing how annoyed they are.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 07:09:15 PM »

They either have zero input then or have a funny way of showing how annoyed they are.

Thousands of pounds and hours and hours of their own time is how they are showing it. There are some people on the board giving their all. Sadly at the moment, it's not enough to stop the rot.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 14 points adrift