PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 14 points adrift
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 14 points adrift  (Read 11687 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 14 points adrift
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7.

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.

I assume this doesn't include the director who was out on the piss in Manchester yesterday afternoon while we were having our bollocks handed to us on a silver platter by Stockport?
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »

When is everyone going to realise that this board will be happy playing at Step 7.

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.

I assume this doesn't include the director who was out on the piss in Manchester yesterday afternoon while we were having our bollocks handed to us on a silver platter by Stockport?

I don't know who that is. The ones I'm referring to were at the game. I suppose all I'm saying is don't tar them all with the same brush.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

arnald

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.

I don't know who that is. The ones I'm referring to were at the game. I suppose all I'm saying is don't tar them all with the same brush.
directors are allowed a drink they are human

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »

That's not true. Mistakes have been made, but some board members are doing their best to put them right. I don't know personally every member of the board, but remember there are several directors and the ones I do know  are fuming about what's happening to this club.

Of course they're allowed to drink Daz but the point is if this particular director was that bothered he would've been at the game and not out drinking elsewhere.

VofD

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

Anyone prepared to name and shame? Considering that over 400 supporters made the effort.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:44:21 PM by VofD »

arnald

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »

Of course they're allowed to drink Daz but the point is if this particular director was that bothered he would've been at the game and not out drinking elsewhere.
I agree with you looks like we have a rouge one

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »

Last season that well known Northern club Lowestoft Town got relegated from National North with 46 points, and the year before Colwyn Bay went down with 45. Given that Gainsborough have 20 points from 21 games, and the bottom teams usually get a few more points in the second half of the season than the first, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the same sort of points total will again be needed this season. So where on earth are we going to get the best part of 40 points from against pretty much the same teams we got 7 from in the first half of the season? Simple maths says to me that we are doomed to relegation this season, and need to plan accordingly.
. Looking at the current table, we need to match Tamworth's form to stay up. That's the target, a big ask, but attainable.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »

[/quote]. Looking at the current table, we need to match Tamworth's form to stay up. That's the target, a big ask, but attainable.
[/quote]

That is a fair summary of what we need to do. I think the absolute key to whether we have a prayer will be the next 4 matches, all of which are winnable imo. The reason I say this is that the following 5 include trips to Chorley, Brackley, Fylde & Darlington and a home game with Halifax. With the best will in the world it is hard to see us getting many points from that little lot, so we have to perform and pick up something close to maximum points in the next 4, otherwise by mid February we will be way out of touch with the rest. After that nightmare run we then have 7 games that again look potentially winnable before a fairly difficult last 6 matches (jncluding Salford, Brackley, Kidderminster and Tamworth). So if we can be in touch in mid February that might give some grounds for optimism, but that is going to be very hard work.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »

If we win the next four games we could be second bottom.....provided Stalybridge don't also do something so totally unlikely.

Straws....clutching.....end of.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »

If we win the next four games we could be second bottom.....provided Stalybridge don't also do something so totally unlikely.

Straws....clutching.....end of.

As usual in my hearts of hearts I agree with you Romeo 48, but I was trying to foster and build on Ex-GK's sense of optimism, as far as I could (which is not far, I fear). I think my main point was that any such optimism is in grave danger of not surviving until mid-January, given the unlikeliness of our suddenly turning round and winning 3 or 4 games - realistically I suspect that after the next 9 matches we might have "amassed" another 8 or 10 points (most of them in the next 4 I suspect), by which stage we will be so far behind we will need snookers. Perhaps when I described matches as "winnable" I should have qualified that with "these teams, on a bad day, are almost as poor as we are"

I do take the point though that it will be a very long season if we totally abandon hope half way through, however justified such an approach might be in practice. Going down fighting would be a better preparation for an Evostik promotion campaign than surrendering, but I suspect that will require considerable management skills from Buzz and yet more patience from the fans - we will see which of those are forthcoming.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

At least we find ourselves looking up the table now, not down as usual.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »

Can't wait untill we can't even check the bbc for results ..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:16:09 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »

I'm looking forward to the return of "Robins Round up - the voice of Altrincham Football Club", and that jittery feeling whilst dialling the number.

arnald

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »

Put that phone box back so we can climb over the wall ,,, TO GET OUT THAT IS ,,,,,

York Alty is back

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »

Put that phone box back so we can climb over the wall ,,, TO GET OUT THAT IS ,,,,,

You wicked WICKED man!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 14 points adrift