PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cut all possible costs from now on ?  (Read 19420 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Cut all possible costs from now on ?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 08:16:35 PM »

Worse I have seen a Moss Lane perform in 35 years. School boy errors, none of the defense are good enough. Only Jones gave 100%.

The board will love to sit and do nothing until the end of the season we  need a manager now!

Dont let them escape

How many mangers out of work now would want this job firstly and are what we're looking for? You can argue for one to come in now to rebuild for next year but no manager wants (what is almost certainly) a guaranteed relegation on their CV

Why do they have to be out of work? We should be looking beyond the unemployed and making sure we employ the right man for the job even if that means approaching another club and paying compensation.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »

I'm fairly sure that only choosing from whatever available out of work (i.e. Failed) managers happen to apply has been proven beyond doubt now to be an absolutely disastrous option?

And for the second time this year, giving it to people we know and like without making a real effort to identify another option is proving to be f**king wank too...

Surely this time round we have to have a long term plan of where we want the club to be and accordingly a method to achieve it and as such a manager we can identify to achieve this with the necessary qualities and apply the effort and resources to get him.

As for the players, I think we're now at the point where I don't care if any of them stay or go to be honest. I certainly don't care for x is/was a good player or y sometimes offers this or z has got potential/or did whatever in the past,

Right now, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then it is a duck. And we are well and truly ducked

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2016, 10:06:55 PM »

A lot of the players at this club simply don't care about playing for Alty
ParkINson's red and white army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 11:16:52 PM »

The issue for me now is the board. Talking about identifying a manager for next season is right but if it's this board's job to do so, we can be sure they'll screw it up.

My only hope for this season is that we're relegated early enough to enable a new board to be put in place to appoint a new manager early in the close season.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:20:24 PM by Leon »

blackley robin

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »

next week then, the three man team is adding fook all

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 11:44:57 PM »

Lee Sinnott is our man

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »

Lee Sinnott is our man

Sticking with Lee for too long was one of the reasons we went down............needed to replace the injured Clee and Densmore and we tried to wing-it

That said, 20/20, could actually be achievable next season :D........but even then I am not entirely sure  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

blackley robin

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 12:50:15 AM »

Right now I'd settle for 20 out of 21 points, but I'm not convinced we're going to get 20 points all season!

Pwill

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 01:17:06 AM »

Let's face it. We are down. May as well install a player managers to cut costs. No manager worth their salt will touch us with a barge pole right now. We are no longer a non league giant. On the contrary, the fact that more people get the metro from Altrincham to watch United than watch us for our biggest home game of the season speaks volumes. I was one of them today, and it was good to see a home win😉

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 07:25:42 AM »

Lee Sinnott is our man
where is Chris senior these days ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »

Let's face it. We are down. May as well install a player managers to cut costs. No manager worth their salt will touch us with a barge pole right now. We are no longer a non league giant. On the contrary, the fact that more people get the metro from Altrincham to watch United than watch us for our biggest home game of the season speaks volumes. I was one of them today, and it was good to see a home win😉

There were 1600 plus home fans there yesterday and 400 plus at stockport  our average crowd is probably up on last season! Although some have stopped going new fans appear to be coming back
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:03:07 AM by Timperley The Best »

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 10:23:00 AM »

There should be as much more as possible going into next years budget. Every penny from every source.

I hope those responsible for the mess might pay to clean some of it up

York Alty is back

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »

Lee Sinnott is our man

Sticking with Lee for too long was one of the reasons we went down............needed to replace the injured Clee and Densmore and we tried to wing-it

That said, 20/20, could actually be achievable next season :D........but even then I am not entirely sure  >:(

Folk need to be very careful what they wish for.

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2016, 11:05:13 AM »

The issue for me now is the board. Talking about identifying a manager for next season is right but if it's this board's job to do so, we can be sure they'll screw it up.

My only hope for this season is that we're relegated early enough to enable a new board to be put in place to appoint a new manager early in the close season.
Fully agree with this. No point in bringing in a new manager until we have a new board

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »

I'd love to know who will be on this "new board" as those people ( which going by yesterday number less than 20) who want to sack the current board don't have a clue. They just assume that people will magically appear and take over running the club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?