PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Cut all possible costs from now on ?  (Read 19229 times)

Jezza

Re: Cut all possible costs from now on ?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »

The problem with this club has been the same for years.......

There are major shareholders clinging onto shares who probably aren't even aware we are bottom of the league or that there was a game on yesterday.

The current board should be selling a club that has all the infrastructure in place, 400 away fans when bottom, a supporters association that can raise 700 from a xmas dinner.

At the time, Kingy was right to dilute the shareholding to prevent a repeat of maunderisation....the world is a different place now....unfortunately kingy distributed those shares to completely apathetic people who don't care about Alty....they now call the shares a millstone round the neck, yet refuse to pass them on.

We need an enthusiastic new shareholding who appoint an amibitiuos football based board who don't accept defeat and demand performance from a manager.

Our current board have repeated mistakes....we are currently managed by the person who assisted our relegation and most of an abysmal season.....

I understand the cote has identified that the main problem with our squad is fitness.....put the cote in sole charge now and lets start with the basics.....a few nil nils and make us difficult to beat....I'd take boring football with a bit of fight from now till the end of the season......it's ridiculous watching us try to play football with players not fit or good enough.

I wish the season would end now.... am optimistic about next season but we need new shareholders and a new chairman.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »

I'd love to know who will be on this "new board" as those people ( which going by yesterday number less than 20) who want to sack the current board don't have a clue. They just assume that people will magically appear and take over running the club.

Just for clarity, I wasn't in attendance yesterday as I'm away, but there are plenty of long time supporters of this club actively staying away at present. It saddens me greatly and wouldn't be my chosen approach, but I respect everyones right to stay away. It might look like it numbers less than twenty but can people really not see the dissenting voices are growing? It's all well and good whe it's Salford and Macclesfield home and FC United at home. We'll see where we are really at when it's Gainsborough and Worcester and brackley etc In February. The clubs been around for 100+ years, guardians of the club are just that. They come, they go. I don't think we are a big enough club to have a revolution, but we certainly need changes, 4 wins in a calendar year tells you that alone. And supporters (customers) have every right to complain. Especially paying inflated prices. An adult match entrance here is in real terms 20 quid once you've paid in, bought a raffle ticket and a programme.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »

I certainly respect anybody who wishes to stay away at the moment but for me the club needs my support more than ever, so i continue to go. I do find it hard though to respect the small group of lads (some of whom i dont think have been following the club that long) who were yesterday chanting "sack the board" who are offering no alternative other than to shout foul mouthed abuse.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 01:39:58 PM »

Totally agree nearly all the players are unfit and GH can certainly sort men from boys. Buzz should no passion in the dugout yesterday we need someone who at least looks motivated. Is Buzz too close to the players to drive them hard?

bumble

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 01:43:18 PM »

I certainly respect anybody who wishes to stay away at the moment but for me the club needs my support more than ever, so i continue to go. I do find it hard though to respect the small group of lads (some of whom i dont think have been following the club that long) who were yesterday chanting "sack the board" who are offering no alternative other than to shout foul mouthed abuse.

Most of these lads have been watching alty since the 90s... The rest? The mid 2000s.

They go home and away.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »

Let it be known I am bored sh*tless with the attitude that people are irreplaceable.

I hazard that 99% of us are fully replaceable in our jobs.

Pray tell what is so special about Altrincham Football Club?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 02:30:20 PM »

The issue of disinterested shareholders keeps cropping up.

As a long standing supporter of some 25 years, I can honestly say that I don't have a clue who theses people are.

Is it possible for me to find out or is it a closely guarded secret for some reason?

What are the benefits of holding a shareholding in Alty?   

bumble

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »

The issue of disinterested shareholders keeps cropping up.

As a long standing supporter of some 25 years, I can honestly say that I don't have a clue who theses people are.

Is it possible for me to find out or is it a closely guarded secret for some reason?

What are the benefits of holding a shareholding in Alty?  

Try googling Altrincham FC shareholders.

You'll find a full and frank list. All 257 of them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 03:38:40 PM by Altrincham Social »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »

Thanks for that Alty Social.

As you say quite a list.

I think I have detected a few significant changes in the last year.

Time for some closer analysis.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

Ok thats all right then, lets just keep things as they are..right?  This is not a bad season its an unmitigated disaster, when did you last look at the league table and consider how quickly and far we have fallen.  (I have followed alty all my 43 years, many a time home and away, i havent been to a game since the end of november- its too hard to take)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »

Ok thats all right then, lets just keep things as they are..right?  This is not a bad season its an unmitigated disaster, when did you last look at the league table and consider how quickly and far we have fallen.  (I have followed alty all my 43 years, many a time home and away, i havent been to a game since the end of november- its too hard to take)
This.  Precisely this.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 12:25:31 PM »

Excellent post Toff! I have been watching Alty home and away for 35yrs and I feel exactly the same!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:45 PM »

I've been regularly attending since 1976.

Very frustrated at the moment, as are my son and daughter that have attended for the last 11 years.

Look at other teams bigger than us that have fallen and recovered. We are in that cycle now, lets hope we have an upward trend in the New Year.

I support no other team, so will continue to attend where I can in the hope of some entertainment in the near future. There is much worse things going on around us.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2016, 01:19:37 PM »

Quite. Those who support the board ask those who don't 'who will replace them?'. But the bigger question to me is one of accountability - a double relegation will be such a catastrophe for the club that I fail to see how the board could in all conscience do anything but stand aside. They should in my opinion be making a statement to that effect sooner rather than later.

My question for those who want the board to stay is - what would it take for you to call on them to stand down? If two relegations isn't enough, what about three? Or would you prefer Grahame Rowley to be Chairman Eternal and rule forever?

York Alty is back

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »

Quite. Those who support the board ask those who don't 'who will replace them?'. But the bigger question to me is one of accountability - a double relegation will be such a catastrophe for the club that I fail to see how the board could in all conscience do anything but stand aside. They should in my opinion be making a statement to that effect sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Sword falling is required. In a controlled responsible way. Mass resignations with nobody lined up to step in immediately must be avoided.

It is unthinkable to start next season with the current board.

I still fecking LOVE ALTY FC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?