PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Cut all possible costs from now on ?  (Read 19375 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: Cut all possible costs from now on ?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2016, 01:59:35 PM »

I think where the problem lies is well beyond GR. He's just been voted back as chairman by the 'board'. That means all significant shareholders, or a majority of them, want him there.

There in itself is a big issue. At the point he was voted back in we were almost certainly heading for a successive relegation. I've finally admitted to myself after boxing day that this is now certain (and that really hurts to accept). That means that the current board, and all others able to vote (not sure who that is in its entirety), decided that GR was the person required to do the job. So either those people think where we are is ok or they dont feel amongst themselves they could do any better, or could be arsed to try.

That also raises another issue. The board and the people who have put them there seem to believe that doing great off the pitch is more than enough. They are spectacularly missing the point, and maybe its not helped by our loyal fans still turning up in their droves, that not before very long we will be a mid table side in the northern league looking at a minimum of 3 seasons to get back up, barring a miracle (I take Stockport as a yard stick). There will be no away fans next season, thats probably a minimum of 100k revenue less compared to this season. There will be no big derby games pulling in >2k crowds, there goes another 100k at least. There will be much less interest in sponsoring the club, there will be much less interest from local kids, families and bored United/City fans to come and watch Alty when we are playing Mickleover Sports or which ever village team is coming to hoof the ball from the giant defender to the giant striker over our still bewildered on contract bang average midfielders. We are going to lose a massive amount of revenue, marketing appeal and supporters from this club when we get relegated. This season in the conf North and for the next couple of seasons we probably could have kept revenue close to conf national level with all the interest in Salford, FCUM, County etc. Its gone now, we're done for and recovering this position is pretty much impossible in less than ten years.

Just consider that. If you think this is bad, we wont be in this luxurious league for another 3-5 years. Possibly longer if the current attitude of the board stays.

As a club we have proved ourselves inept. Bigger home crowds than i've seen in years and years, Duncan gone to Sunderland for a pile of cash and new facilities that bring income towards the playing squad. All that and we have managed 4 wins in the league all year. One of them was against an already relegated club, so it actually doesnt even count.

This is a crisis!

I'm just flabbergasted that this hasnt even sunk in at board level. Theres only one option for me and thats throw the kitchen sink and every other sink in the ground at the playing squad. Go out and spend money we can slowly recover in the conf north that will be long gone anyway if we get relegated. Bring in a load of players that will get us out of this mess and pay them what they want to get it done.

Fannying around for an almost fit Nicky Clee, or a mostly uninterested Walshaw, or a pushing 40 loanee from Southport (who seems now to be the best we have) is an absolute joke. A complete bloody joke. What a disgrace. And if the excuse is that all the good players cant be attracted because they are settled or because we cant compete with harrogate then i'm sorry thats a bloody joke too. That means nobody at the club knows how to attract players and do the dirty business that gets these lads through the door and on to the pitch earning us points.

What an absolute joke we've become. I dont want the board to go, or GR to resign. I want someone to pull their fecking finger out and do something more than these half arsed gestures at saving us from relegation. If it takes a new chairman to do that then fine, if it means a new manager then fine, but just get on with it and do it. They're the board stop giving us questionaires and just fecking bring in some players at any cost to save the club. Its not rocket sceince.

I apologise for the rant and language. Im just absolutely exacerbated that we've dribbled along at a snails pace fixing this disaster of a season and given up without the slightest hint of a fight.

I'll be a Moston on NYD because I miss my mates and I also hold out some sort of hope for a miracle that inevitably wont come.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »

A large issue we have though now is that we are not seen as an attractive club to join at present .

Coupled with the fact a number of the current squad don't seem to care either it's a disaster

Huge changes needed to change that perception for next season
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »

A large issue we have though now is that we are not seen as an attractive club to join at present .

Coupled with the fact a number of the current squad don't seem to care either it's a disaster

Huge changes needed to change that perception for next season

There's too much indulgence all over and I'm not sure it's changing under the current management trio.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 09:52:59 PM »

Agreed. The current management trio should only be a stop gap, though I worry that sentiment may play a part again.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2017, 06:24:37 PM »

Bump

Get players we want for glue league sorted over next few weeks where possible

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cut all possible costs from now on ?