PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "The Club is Thriving'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: "The Club is Thriving'  (Read 21601 times)

bumble

Re: "The Club is Thriving'
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 03:18:18 PM »

Thank God our Social Media never makes any PR gaffes

Like which ones, Ian?

Nothing been tweeting that's cause embarrassment on a national scale on the official Twitter.

VofD

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

With that many hats he should be able to pull a rabbit out of at least ONE of them......

He did : HARVEY  ;) ;)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »

The whole thing comes across, in my view anyway, that the worst footballing situation we've probably ever had is supposed to be counterbalanced by community and off the pitch stuff.

The, in my opinion, total disaster of a handful of league wins in a year and a probable second relegation is seen as "having a struggle" whilst everything else is great.

That's how it looks to me. Tail well and truly wagging the dog

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 03:39:05 PM »

The whole thing comes across, in my view anyway, that the worst footballing situation we've probably ever had is supposed to be counterbalanced by community and off the pitch stuff.

The, in my opinion, total disaster of a handful of league wins in a year and a probable second relegation is seen as "having a struggle" whilst everything else is great.

Excellent post,nail hit firmly on the head!

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 03:40:57 PM »

I live, as most people know, well outside the Altrincham area. The 'community club' thing simply doesn't register with me, I'm afraid; as I see it priority number 1 has to be the senior football team and its ability to maintain the highest level it can consistent with part-time status (which these days probably means Conf North rather than Conf Nat, if one is being honest). The second priority for me is the solvency of the club - not spending more than we have in the kitty, so to speak. The rest doesn't come on to my radar, to be quite truthful, so by my criteria the club is not thriving in that priority 1 is seriously threatened.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

I'd like Phil to come on here and give us his side so we understand the context of his comments.

I'd also like to know why he of all people are being quoted for stuff when we have a media officer.

Thriving is head in the clouds stuff. We clearly haven't hit rock bottom yet and I expect the board agree with Phil unless they say otherwise, therefore don't expect the malaise to end for us fans until we are bottom of the evo stik in 12 months time because the blinkers are on and we are the unseen, unheard and unwanted truth of this tumbling club.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »

I'd like Phil to come on here and give us his side so we understand the context of his comments.

I'd also like to know why he of all people are being quoted for stuff when we have a media officer.

To be fair we don't even know if this was in an interview context. The bloke might have just been speaking to Phil at the game about the club and decided to tweet it.

He himself admitted that he was wrong in thinking that he was a director. Just sounds a bit hearsay and informal to me.

Also how does the OP know who it is? Were you there at the time? Is there an article somewhere?

The guy tweeting never mentions a name or maybe I've missed something.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:04:28 PM by GolfRoader »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »

Phil Taylor tweeted it from his own Twitter account. The journalist just read it and commented.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »

From the man himself:

"Reports that Altrincham FC is dead are very premature. THE CLUB is thriving. First Team having a struggle but Club strong" 1/2

York Alty is back

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »

From the man himself:

"Reports that Altrincham FC is dead are very premature. THE CLUB is thriving. First Team having a struggle but Club strong" 1/2

Possibly true, but how naive to put this out when the first team are buggered, and the world can see it. It is embarrassing.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »

Phil Taylor tweeted it from his own Twitter account. The journalist just read it and commented.
From the man himself:

Right, I see cheers.

Begs the question, does he have a point? Is the CLUB in a better position than it was 10 years ago for instance?

The team clearly isn't. My opinion is that the club might be (or might have been recently) but it won't be anywhere near as thriving if the inevitable happens this season.

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »

See how it thrives when we are in the glue league and the community isnt as attracted to the csh as much.....maybe then the idiots who asked what is the function of altrincham fc will smell the coffee.

Maybe when the csh cant support paid employees we will hear how the club isnt thriving...and what a disgrace it is...

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »

Yes i'm sure the 'club' is thriving, the football club certainly isn't though is it?

Last time I checked we all supported a football club, not a social club.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »

The tail must be working extremely hard and independently. The dog died last year.

bumble

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "The Club is Thriving'