PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "The Club is Thriving'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: "The Club is Thriving'  (Read 21600 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "The Club is Thriving'
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 08:08:17 AM »

I live, as most people know, well outside the Altrincham area. The 'community club' thing simply doesn't register with me, I'm afraid; as I see it priority number 1 has to be the senior football team and its ability to maintain the highest level it can consistent with part-time status (which these days probably means Conf North rather than Conf Nat, if one is being honest). The second priority for me is the solvency of the club - not spending more than we have in the kitty, so to speak. The rest doesn't come on to my radar, to be quite truthful, so by my criteria the club is not thriving in that priority 1 is seriously threatened.

I agree but with the proviso that we shouldn't be held to a part time basis. there has to be a plan to move on from that. Obviously not going full time on gates of 500 but to grow crowds, outside income and to attract structured investment to supplement that and put us back on a level playing field. Otherwise you eventually fall backwards as we are seeing.

Yes of course we must stay solvent but we must look to expand our means and then keep within then, occasionally moving beyond then sometimes as necessary. I hate to think of money we're squandering trying to sort this mess out. Again, the lack of any new outside ideas or investment in 15 years is very poor and that with the failure of the current model leads to frustration and discontent and , pertinently, disengagement on a level I haven't seen in my 38 years.

bumble

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »

Even the club mascot has left. Dark times lie ahead.

taxi Phil

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »

It's been dark all f**king year.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 09:05:16 AM »

Well it seems like Rocky Robin didn't like the Rocky times we are going through, Im sure he will be sat on a spade somewhere contemplating his future..  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "The Club is Thriving'