News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Jones' interview

Author Topic: Gary Jones' interview  (Read 4023 times)

Stan Hibbert

Gary Jones' interview
« on: December 29, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »

Very good interview and some honest comments made. No less than I'd expect from such an experienced player.

Great to hear that he wants to stay for the rest of the season too. Let's hope he can.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
Re: Gary Jones' interview
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »

This lad has a good mindset. Lets try and hang on to him.

Good interview Gary

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:03:23 PM »

Excellant interview.  Persinally hopes he stays to seasons. Not only a fully commited 90mins on the pitch but saw the game as it was
Full time and proud of it

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »

I like it - spot on attitude.  Just what we need.He is right about the quality of the squad.  But our trouble is that we are effectively in pre season, just forming as a team.  FCUM looked like a unit - they have been playing together for 20 games.  We probably had better players (with the weight of the world on their shoulders).  We are in a fight, and a tough talking scouser is exactly what we need.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »

Excellant interview.  Persinally hopes he stays to seasons. Not only a fully commited 90mins on the pitch but saw the game as it was

All about opinions, but I didn't see the same 'hard-luck' story as Gary Jones and Buzz (website interview). We had a lot more of the ball across the midfield than we did at Stockport (which isn't saying much), but that happens when you are at home and the opposition side sits deeper. We still didn't do much threatening with the ball and, barring a brief spell either side of half time, FC United didn't look in anyway concerned. We looked vulnerable at the back throughout.

I though the FC United match report summed it up well which, paraphrasing, simply said "comfortable 3-0 away at struggling Altrincham in a game FCUM were rarely troubled in".

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 08:41:01 PM »

All about opinions, but I didn't see the same 'hard-luck' story as Gary Jones and Buzz (website interview). We had a lot more of the ball across the midfield than we did at Stockport (which isn't saying much), but that happens when you are at home and the opposition side sits deeper. We still didn't do much threatening with the ball and, barring a brief spell either side of half time, FC United didn't look in anyway concerned. We looked vulnerable at the back throughout.

I though the FC United match report summed it up well which, paraphrasing, simply said "comfortable 3-0 away at struggling Altrincham in a game FCUM were rarely troubled in".

Spot on Matt, Jones and Buzz outlook worries me if they think that pile of sh*t on Boxing Day was acceptable never mind ok and telling us we'll play worse this season

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »

I'd agree with the previous two posts. To suggest we were unlucky is total crap. Yes we had a large amount of possession but we never looked like scoring at any time, we just didn't get enough men forward (probably fitness issues). I also felt as if FCUM could have upped their game at anytime if needed. It wasn't needed.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:57:54 AM »

I can see where he feels we were unlucky, key moments went against us, some poor defending and finishing to boot. This is mentioned.

We need to somehow secure another victory and try and build on that. Here's hoping it starts on Sunday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gary Jones' interview