PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz Robbie & Graham
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Buzz Robbie & Graham  (Read 14218 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Buzz Robbie & Graham
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »

Have the job until the end of the season....

Makes sense to me.  We have had enough false dawns this season. Good luck to you Three lads, there will be no others who have Alty in there blood more than these lads... Best of luck fellas.

C'mon Alty

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Buzz Robbie & Graham
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »

Makes perfect sense.

Squad looks a lot more balanced since they have come in.
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »

It's up to them to make a big enough change to keep the job for next season and beyond now. If we play like we did yesterday then we should make a good fist of trying to stay in this league and although it's highly unlikely we'll actually stay up being so far behind we'll hopefully go into next season with a decent squad.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »

Brings us stability untill the end of the season . Good luck lads
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »

The pragmatic decision.

There were signs yesterday, I think you can scrub Macc but we absolutely have to beat Gloucester and/or Gainsborough in the next 2 league games if we are going to go down with a bit of pride. The 5 games after that don't really bear thinking about.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »

Brilliant decision. I feel it is too late but that is not the fault of these 3. The team fully fit is now a decent team for this league. We do need a Leather type centre back but a lot more balanced and hopefully we get to see Clee, Newby, Owen and Miller playing together at some point. Good interview by Buzz, straight talking and bluntly honest which this club needs. Just need to get some of these injured players back.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »

Grahame Rowley said, 'Matt and Robbie came to see me to ask where they stood,

What would have happened if they hadn't come to ask?

We were never looking for a new manager, the board don't trust themselves to appoint another manager. For next season we need a proper new manager appointed by a new board

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:12:12 PM by Fog off »

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »

But I have proved I can do the job, because I have brought in five players (Gary Jones, Kyle Brownhill, Nicky Clee, Elliot Newby and Andy Owens and all five were magnificent in the draw at FC United. :) :) ;) :D

Since when did signing players prove anything? One point from three games says a lot more

Incidentally if we had five magnificent players at FCUM how the f**k did we only draw with that sh*t? Hopeless idiot

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

I thought we showed spirit yesterday & do at least look as if there is a system in use. For once I felt able to applaud at the end of the game & congratulate our team on the way they had competed - and thoroughly deserved the point. Let's at least try to be positive; I do sometimes wonder if some people will ever be able to say something encouraging!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »

To be fair I think his signings have been pretty good. Jones is a top player and provides much needed leadership, Clee will get back to his old self with games and the others have made a positive impact. We can't blame Buzz for the dire league situation or the fact that our board are a bit useless with the football side of things. I'd much rather have Buzz and Robbie in charge than an outsider. One thing that is clear is that the players are working a lot harder than they were and clearly want to play for him. Couldn't say that about Young or Harvey.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:51 PM »

No real issue giving it them to the end of the season officially. It's here nor there in the scheme of things, and it's not like we've made any effort to look elsewhere.

Get the season finished and then hopefully let a new chairman appoint their own manager in the summer for next season - who should be recruited with an emphasis on getting back into the Conf as quickly as possible, not just back to this sh*t league.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »

No real issue giving it them to the end of the season officially. It's here nor there in the scheme of things, and it's not like we've made any effort to look elsewhere.

Get the season finished and then hopefully let a new chairman appoint their own manager in the summer for next season - who should be recruited with an emphasis on getting back into the Conf as quickly as possible, not just back to this sh*t league.

The board won't go.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Grahame Rowley said, 'Matt and Robbie came to see me to ask where they stood,

What would have happened if they hadn't come to ask?

We were never looking for a new manager, the board don't trust themselves to appoint another manager. For next season we need a proper new manager appointed by a new board

Incidentally does this mean Graham Heathcote is paying back to the club his £60k pay off that Rowley gave him?
I've posted it elsewhere before but I'm not sure where you are getting 60k from its way out.

If you got made redundant while under contract and had long service  would you take a pay out ? And if you were asked back by the company you left would you give it back?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »

It just shows you how low we have been allowed to fall in that you don't even need to have won a league match to get the Alty job these days!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »

It just shows you how low we have been allowed to fall in that you don't even have to have won a league match to get the Alty job these days!

I know where you are coming from sadly . But I think from a  stability perspective we have little choice

I agree with Matt that we need now to be planning for a new set up to get back to our former glory
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz Robbie & Graham