PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 19508 times)

Frosty

Re: Next season
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »

Had a season tickets for 15+ years but wont be bothering again unless its significantly reduced

roytonmike

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »

Had a season tickets for 15+ years but wont be bothering again unless its significantly reduced
I hate to say it in a way (NOT personal!), but I agree with you on this. The club must in due course bite the bullet & reduce admission prices to the normal going rate for the league we'll be in - that means £10 in the EvoStik - & cut season ticket prices to match. There will be 24 teams in the EvoStik, so 23 home League games in total. At £10 per game that's £230; apply a 10% reduction for a season ticket & that makes £207. Round it down to £200, add a sweetener in the form of the £10 discount for early renewal & they might hold on to a significant number of the 300 or so s/t holders, myself included. Do anything else & there will be a very significant drop in that number (starting with me), which will impact on close-season income as well as attendance figures in-season. If the powers that be try to maintain the current price levels - which are frankly excessive for the league we're now in, leave alone the one below - they really will be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »

The ground holds 6,000 for me When we get relegated we need to try and keep supporters, especially the younger fans as there is plenty of other attractions for people in this area.

We need to try and sell a huge number of season tickets. Start with a target of selling 500+

Adults £150 seated or standing (reserved seating on request)

Concessions/OAP £50

Under 18s and proper students £20

Try and get the bulk of the support signed up in the summer and keep the prices super low for the u18s to keep them interested in the club, they are the future

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »

Benchmarks 2016 / 2017 :

Warrington £160 and £90

Ashton Utd £175 and £105 and £150 / £95 if bought before August

Matlock Town £170 and £110............early bird £160 / £105
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

Add on to Pete's

£100 Exile ST - get it sponsored by the brewery. Free pint for every game they attend.

Or offer something wacky like £100 ST but you pay £5 for every win
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:22:26 PM by Altrincham Social »

York Alty is back

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

Add on to Pete's

£100 Exile ST - get it sponsored by the brewery. Free pint for every game they attend.

Or offer something wacky like £100 ST but you pay £5 for every win

Err...a fiver foir a what?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2017, 06:20:36 PM »

It sounds great. Where's the money going to come from for the mercenaries you're planning on recruiting?

Jezza

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »

tough call this one.....balancing charging loyal fans the appropriate price for the level whilst having a competitive budget to keep our better players.....

The club needs to be proactive on this and talk to the fans.....and we do need to start planning now....the board have some very tough decisions to make and strong communication is needed.....shame is our shareholders are totally apathetic as we could really do with a new board who are completely football focussed and will not accept the standards to which we have stooped.......

Personally I feel if we stick with buzz then a massive drop in prices is needed......an exciting appointment from a young ambitious manager may stimulate interest at current prices......

I do feel at the minimum the board should be showing a bit of pressure on buzz for an end of season run of good form......otherwise the board is saying the current results are the sign of a thriving club....

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 06:54:27 PM »

Unless Doughty can deliver a run of form which would have kept us up all season then there is no way he should be manager come August.

Jezza is right. We need to stimulate interest. I honestly think that relegation gives us an opportunity to re energise the club, re invent it and start afresh with new blood and new ideas at all levels. The cynic in me sees little change and the same old malaise.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 06:28:30 AM »

Plastic glasses and drinking on the terraces should be allowed also. There won't be any away fans so might aswell make it enjoyable for those still bothering 

arnald

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 07:09:58 AM »

If we start next season bobbins the crowd will drop down. to keep fans interested in the football
We have to win almost every game or just keep the shutters up at the csh or like Tommy said plastic glasses
Just make it a day out rather than football

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 11:24:19 AM »

Plastic glasses and drinking on the terraces should be allowed also. There won't be any away fans so might aswell make it enjoyable for those still bothering 

Correct. I watch a fair bit of Ryman league level stuff down here and boozing on the terraces in plastics is de rigeur in the Ryman Prem. As said the standard next season will be so woeful it has to be rebranded as more of a day out than a football match if we are going to maintain half decent gates. Maybe bottle of Dunham Massey stuff in or something.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »

Correct. I watch a fair bit of Ryman league level stuff down here and boozing on the terraces in plastics is de rigeur in the Ryman Prem. As said the standard next season will be so woeful it has to be rebranded as more of a day out than a football match if we are going to maintain half decent gates. Maybe bottle of Dunham Massey stuff in or something.
Could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that Moss Lane is a 'designated' ground, and once you've reached designated status then you can't lose it. We can lose most other things, but not that.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »

It sounds great. Where's the money going to come from for the mercenaries you're planning on recruiting?
don't forget we are thriving apparently we have loads of cash
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »

Although this season is a disaster I think next season is easily doable if the core of the squad can be retained.

If you look at the glue league both Blyth and Matlock are contenders for promotion and they've got games in hand.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season