PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 19409 times)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next season
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »

Plastic glasses and drinking on the terraces should be allowed also. There won't be any away fans so might aswell make it enjoyable for those still bothering 

Correct. I watch a fair bit of Ryman league level stuff down here and boozing on the terraces in plastics is de rigeur in the Ryman Prem. As said the standard next season will be so woeful it has to be rebranded as more of a day out than a football match if we are going to maintain half decent gates. Maybe bottle of Dunham Massey stuff in or something.
Could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that Moss Lane is a 'designated' ground, and once you've reached designated status then you can't lose it. We can lose most other things, but not that.

When I asked about this I was told it was about the attitude of your licensing authority. I watch a bit of southwest peninsula league (step10) you can't take your drink out in Cornwall but can in Devon!

letsbyavenue

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

Charge £14 next season ang gate will be 300.Charge £10 and gate will be 700. That's £4200 or £7000. Simple basic supply and demand economics. But will our superthick board get to grips with that!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »

It's not that simple. A good third aren't paying full price. Even if full price was chopped to a tenner, concessions won't get in for a fiver.

I think a tenner is fair but if  we started winning every week I don't think the gate would stay at 300 for very long, even if we charged £14. 

letsbyavenue

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »

Winning every week lol

York Alty is back

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 08:39:47 PM »

Charge £14 next season ang gate will be 300.Charge £10 and gate will be 700. That's £4200 or £7000. Simple basic supply and demand economics. But will our superthick board get to grips with that!

Supply and demand doesn't apply when there is so much emotion attached.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:01:06 AM by York Alty »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »

Supply and demand doesn't apply anyway. What lba really means is demand will be inversely proportional to price.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:47 AM »

Does that mean next season we will not watch sh*t at any price

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »

Lol

I'll probably watch anyway because I'd spend a lot more on a Saturday Afternoon if I wasn't at Alty!

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »

After having a quick look across the league, it averages out at about £9.50 an adult and £5 per concession. The majority of clubs offer free entry to either U16 or U12 fans. I think the latter is the most important here, as we desperately need to build upon the influx of younger fans that we've seen over the past two seasons. We can't afford for them to drift away and it as absolutely imperative that we keep them interested. I'd look at knocking the U16 price down from £5 to £2, to keep these lads coming to games. For U12s, I think its time to bring back the free admission vouchers that did so well a few years back. They could be placed in convenient locations for collection on the week of a game: local school offices, the leisure centre, cafes, youth clubs.

I agree with the idea of branding the club as a "day out" for as long as we're at that level, and part of that has to be maintaining an attraction for punters. With the likes of Stockport, FC United and Salford we've had these mega fixtures to prop us up and keep us attractive this season, not one game will be on par with those next year and so its up to the club to rebuild an attraction that works for this level. Developing a welcoming atmosphere for families is great in itself, but atmosphere and buzz comes from the floating customers having a couple of beers. How do we get them back here despite the drop in league?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »

After having a quick look across the league, it averages out at about £9.50 an adult and £5 per concession. The majority of clubs offer free entry to either U16 or U12 fans. I think the latter is the most important here, as we desperately need to build upon the influx of younger fans that we've seen over the past two seasons. We can't afford for them to drift away and it as absolutely imperative that we keep them interested. I'd look at knocking the U16 price down from £5 to £2, to keep these lads coming to games. For U12s, I think its time to bring back the free admission vouchers that did so well a few years back. They could be placed in convenient locations for collection on the week of a game: local school offices, the leisure centre, cafes, youth clubs.

I agree with the idea of branding the club as a "day out" for as long as we're at that level, and part of that has to be maintaining an attraction for punters. With the likes of Stockport, FC United and Salford we've had these mega fixtures to prop us up and keep us attractive this season, not one game will be on par with those next year and so its up to the club to rebuild an attraction that works for this level. Developing a welcoming atmosphere for families is great in itself, but atmosphere and buzz comes from the floating customers having a couple of beers. How do we get them back here despite the drop in league?

Agree on that. I think a big pull next season re:the floating fan could be in allowing drinking in view of the pitch. I know some won't like it but it would definitely attract those that may otherwise be on the fence.

However in another thread I've read that it may not be so simple to implement so might not be an option

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 11:51:57 AM »

Yes, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

bumble

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »

We're looking at u12 situation. Possibly via Facebook or an online version.

andrewflynn

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:31 PM »

Agree on that. I think a big pull next season re:the floating fan could be in allowing drinking in view of the pitch. I know some won't like it but it would definitely attract those that may otherwise be on the fence.

However in another thread I've read that it may not be so simple to implement so might not be an option

Could look at integrating a beer festival / Oktoberfest style event into a home fixture.

party boy

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »

I would not pay 14 pounds to watch evostik football. Get yourself to the vodkat league and watch honest , hardworking teams with heart playing and fighting for every ball.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »

One relegation at a time mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season