News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BSN - How many promoted?

Author Topic: BSN - How many promoted?  (Read 3422 times)

Jenga

BSN - How many promoted?
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »

In the BSN is it the first two now that get promoted or first one and then plays offs for the next four.

Red N White Dynamite

Re: BSN - How many promoted?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »

1 plus playoffs

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »

sh*t.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »

Jenga I'm wondering why are you saying sh*t?  Last season Alty collected 51 points and if you look at the final tables for the Championship, Leagues 1 and 2 then that total was enough for survival in all of those leagues. 

Alty were unfortunate to get relegated with 51 points FULLSTOP.

Many of the players are staying and I’m pretty confident that if we get a good start then we shall be right up there come May.

COME ON ALTY 

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »

Jenga I'm wondering why are you saying sh*t?  Last season Alty collected 51 points and if you look at the final tables for the Championship, Leagues 1 and 2 then that total was enough for survival in all of those leagues. 

Alty were unfortunate to get relegated with 51 points FULLSTOP.

Many of the players are staying and I’m pretty confident that if we get a good start then we shall be right up there come May.

COME ON ALTY 

We weren't unfortunate to be relegated, it was in our own hands and we weren't up to it. As has been said many times no one goes down unluckily after 46 games.

Ignore the points total; it's a red herring. Us achieving 51 points and still going down simply meant that many of the teams were of a similar standard therefore easier to take points off, in other leagues there is a greater range of quality and as such it is harder to earn points.

Furthermore the players we have signed up already won't allow us to achieve much higher than top 8, possibly sneaking into the play offs. I'd reserve judgement on our chances until we know our finalised squad.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »

In my opinion we clearly need an extra dimension to our attack in order to be in the higher reaches of the division. A winger or two would be lovely because we were badly lacking width last season. The current squad is a decent start though.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 02:04:38 PM »

I'd be utterly confident of suriving in the BSP next season.

I'm not confident at all of anythng in the BSN...I think we'll challenge for the play offs but as we all know..even if we reach the play offs from there on in it's a bit of a lottery..will the rub of the green go with us again?

In the BSN there's Southport, Tamworth, Ketetring, harrogate and possibly Stalybridge if Burr goes there...plus the usual chasing pack....plus the usual struggle to get anything from Vauxhall Motors and the usual humiliation at some previously unvisitied sh*thole.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »

Plus Telford could surprise a few? I've not seen them play I might add but they are likely to be well resourced I'd have thought?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »

I'd be utterly confident of suriving in the BSP next season.

I'm not confident at all of anythng in the BSN...I think we'll challenge for the play offs but as we all know..even if we reach the play offs from there on in it's a bit of a lottery..will the rub of the green go with us again?

In the BSN there's Southport, Tamworth, Ketetring, harrogate and possibly Stalybridge if Burr goes there...plus the usual chasing pack....plus the usual struggle to get anything from Vauxhall Motors and the usual humiliation at some previously unvisitied sh*thole.

This just about sums up BSN perfectly! So imagine how grey the clouds were before that in the unibond!!!!

This ideal description is also exactly why, if we are in BSN, we need to get out 1st time, otherwise we'll get swallowed up by the black hole of northern non-league football!!!!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »

Plus Telford could surprise a few? I've not seen them play I might add but they are likely to be well resourced I'd have thought?
According to my Witton friend they are a little bit over-rated. But they have got an excellent keeper in Stuart Brock. Telford seem to have a got a reputation of their players diving about and trying intimidate the officials, and with them having a decent support they can influence weak refs  into making decisions towards them.
They really should be beating teams like us

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »

Ok SA as I said not seen them. I feel the crowds and the stadium they they have could help them, more so in the BSN than previous leagues as at lower levels many players will have been playing at their "Wembley" and raise their game according to the occasion. Not so much at this step, where more players have been at higher levels.

Assuming no reprieve it is at least somewhere to go with decent facilities and atmosphere even if the locals can be a bit tetchy at times, FA Cup 86ish anyone? Interesting wander back to the station it was that day.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BSN - How many promoted?