Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?  (Read 24062 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 15, 2017, 01:51:33 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQqClHbOUk&feature=youtu.be

Sounds rather like it to me. The current management must have been offered the job for 2017-8 otherwise on whose authority are they securing players' services? The core of players RL talks about should now be the first names on the team sheet going forward. Unfortunately, the remaining league games (beyond damage limitation in some cases) are really ultra competitive friendlies in preparation for next season.

York Alty is back

Re: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:57:12 AM »

I have said that for a couple of weeks so I am quite happy with that statement. I am absolutely sickened that the club has got itself in this pathetic, embarrassing, crappy mess.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »

Fantastic news about Sean Miller. He'll have that league on toast.

York Alty is back

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:57:23 AM »

yeah. We're gonna piss that tin pot league!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

Excellent news re. Sean Miller and Lawrence Taylor.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:46 AM »

yeah. We're gonna piss that tin pot league!

If you gave them a tin pot to piss in they'd miss it and ruin the carpet.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQqClHbOUk&feature=youtu.be

Sounds rather like it to me. The current management must have been offered the job for 2017-8 otherwise on whose authority are they securing players' services? The core of players RL talks about should now be the first names on the team sheet going forward. Unfortunately, the remaining league games (beyond damage limitation in some cases) are really ultra competitive friendlies in preparation for next season.

It didn't sound to me like he and Matt and Graham have been given any assurances about being in charge next season. They've certainly done nothing to earn such faith. You could take the view that we shouldn't be contracting players until we know who will be managing us next season but then we might lose a lot of players in the meantime that that manager would have wanted to keep.

I welcome the more realistic tone of this interview. Far preferable to MD's 'the season starts here' guff.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:36:17 AM by Leon »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »

Good interview. I appreciate the results have not improved but I would stick with the management team next year. The standard of players have improved since they came in. All who have signed could play in the league below and do well. Maybe play McWilliams over Brownhill. With getting Sean Miller and Lawrence Taylor on contracts is excellent news.
This mess is now 80% mentality and shocking defending. If we had a Leather type defender then we would start picking up points. Mentality is a huge factor in football.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »

Haven't got time to listen to the interview right now but the last thing we need is a lunatic coming in and releasing all the players that aren't on contracts. We've tried that. On that basis it is good that we are getting signatures.

While I know what you mean about it just being friendlies until the end of the season I hope we can do a bit more than that and not finish bottom. There's no glory in getting relegated but there's a small amount of pride available in not finishing bottom.

On top of that we need to start the season with the right mindset and that's not going to be one where we lost the last however many games. If we want to come back up we've probably got to beat Stalybridge and Gainsborough next season and at the moment that's still a big ask.   

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »

I do like RL interviews at the moment, about the only thing I do like.

They are at least trying to do the right thing by the club in securing players who want to play in the Evostik on contracts. The next few weeks though are going to get very ugly and with the current squads weak mentality you really do worry, it could be double figure at Fylde.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 10:53:53 AM »

Great news about regarding the 2 signings. Doesn't matter who's in charge next season these 2 will be more than capable of doing a job for us.

Yet to be convinced about the current management team. They have though brought in better quality players than they have released.
Full time and proud of it

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 11:11:50 AM »

Good signings. Obviously Sean Miller has been the player of the season and Lawrence Taylor has impressed with his performances so far. Sounds like Matt and Robbie will be in charge next year otherwise allowing them to put together a core of 8-9 players and then bringing in a new man is a another disastrous move. I don't think the board have a clue who they want and are obviously scared to death of making another cock up. Let's hope Matt and Robbie get it right.
I'd be releasing Dawber,  Cyrus , Patterson , McWilliams , Lawrie , Hobson , Reeves , Goodall, Wilko (not enough desire). . The rest I'd probably keep. Not sure about Brownhill or Owens yet and have concerns about Deasey but believe he is on a contract.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 11:14:24 AM »

Good signings. Obviously Sean Miller has been the player of the season and Lawrence Taylor has impressed with his performances so far. Sounds like Matt and Robbie will be in charge next year otherwise allowing them to put together a core of 8-9 players and then bringing in a new man is a another disastrous move. I don't think the board have a clue who they want and are obviously scared to death of making another cock up. Let's hope Matt and Robbie get it right.
I'd be releasing Dawber,  Cyrus , Patterson , McWilliams , Lawrie , Hobson , Reeves , Goodall, Wilko (not enough desire). . The rest I'd probably keep. Not sure about Brownhill or Owens yet and have concerns about Deasey but believe he is on a contract.

Agree with all the above except McWilliams who I think is a half decent left back and a better option than Brownhill.

York Alty is back

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »

I'm not too far off agreeing with you list though would keep McWilliams and perhaps Lawrie.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 11:42:58 AM »

I too would keep the current management team. We seem to be playing the least worst football under them just about and of course it will take time for them to put right the absolute mess that is Altrincham post colchester so I'll have patience.

In terms of players I think wilkinson has potentially the best vision in the team so think he'd be an asset to have in the league below. Reeves, although anonymous for most of this season for whatever reason I think could also possibly thrive in an attacking side in the league below especially now that miller is signed up. Same goes for James Lawrie who is still our top scorer this season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team