Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?  (Read 24079 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 11:56:22 AM »

The footage from 07:15 to 07:40 should be on a continuous loop in the dressing room.

If they want out, the players should go now. Leave.

The players who don't have the desire to play for ALTY can go. They won't find many better clubs at this level. They get paid on time, all the time. Serious injuries are treated, players are given time to recover and not just shown the door. Everything is done to support them.

They want to go, just go. Now.

Bring on May 2018.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:04:16 PM by York Alty »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »

I agree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. We can't keep changing managers and players and we desperately need stability. Yes, results under MD haven't been great, but we need to build something up. Of course the present management team are in the best position to negotiate with the 6-8 half decent players we have. I believe Jones and Clee will probably stay if MD does. Jones, Clee, Taylor and Miller is at least something to build around. The rest of the players, I just don't know.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »

I agree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. We can't keep changing managers and players and we desperately need stability. Yes, results under MD haven't been great, but we need to build something up. Of course the present management team are in the best position to negotiate with the 6-8 half decent players we have. I believe Jones and Clee will probably stay if MD does. Jones, Clee, Taylor and Miller is at least something to build around. The rest of the players, I just don't know.

Clee is under contract until the end of next season so will be staying.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »

With the greatest of respect, there is not a cat in hells chance Matt Doughty would be spoken about as a possible managerial candidate for next season if he didn't used to be our left back. Statistically, he is possibly the worst assistant manager we've had in our entire history(?), and as temporary manager he has 1 point from 15 despite being given funds to bring his own players in.

I like Buzz a lot, and I hope he goes on to be as successful and well thought of as a manager as he was as a player. I really hope he can rebuild his career and someone takes a chance on him somewhere, however there is no way that someone should be us! Next season is far too important for a sentimental appointment. Even in our current position the job of being manager of Altrincham FC is still worth more than that.

No issue with Rowley roping a few of his mates in to get us through the rest of the season. Someone has to. But let's not confuse that with a need for continuity.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »

With the greatest of respect, there is not a cat in hells chance Matt Doughty would be spoken about as a possible managerial candidate for next season if he didn't used to be our left back. Statistically, he is possibly the worst assistant manager we've had in our entire history(?), and as temporary manager he has 1 point from 15 despite being given funds to bring his own players in.

I like Buzz a lot, and I hope he goes on to be as successful and well thought of as a manager as he was as a player. I really hope he can rebuild his career and someone takes a chance on him somewhere, however there is no way that someone should be us! Next season is far too important for a sentimental appointment. Even in our current position the job of being manager of Altrincham FC is still worth more than that.

No issue with Rowley roping a few of his mates in to get us through the rest of the season. Someone has to. But let's not confuse that with a need for continuity.

Excellent post!!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:44 PM »

[/quote]

Wasn't he under contract at Harrogate too?

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Wasn't he under contract at Harrogate too?
[/quote]

Do you think he wanted to leave?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 06:10:16 PM »

I could be wrong, but didn't Nicky state that MD was a big reason he returned to Alty?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »

Spot on.

These were the words of Grahame Rowley in the club's official press release regarding the sacking of Jim Harvey:  

"'There are no green shoots of recovery, which is the least you need to persevere with things as they are and give the manager more time. It hurts to say it, but we are drifting, and, as a board, we simply can't sit by and allow that to happen.

'This club has a great tradition, with a fighting spirit at the very heart of it, and we want to get that back. That's why the next appointment is so important. We want to make sure it is the right one, rather than a rushed one. It will be a thorough process, to try and ensure we find someone who can put that fighting spirit out on the pitch."

That should amount to more than Doughty just knocking on the chairman's door and asking to be given the job.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:19:57 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »

So, which manager do posters suggest then? And how long would he get this time? I went the Curzon boss last time, but why would he come to us?

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »

The key word is in the last sentence Barry : "should".

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »

I could be wrong, but didn't Nicky state that MD was a big reason he returned to Alty?

I think he did, but Harrogate's move to full-time status next season would surely have been unwelcome to him at this stage in his career and with his good day job (and could also be construed as constructive unfair dismissal if anyone tried to argue about contracts).

With regard to the managerial appointment, as  Matt says, it's certainly not the time for a sentimental decision, or for someone to just inherit the job, although there is also no point in doing anything this season.

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 06:44:31 PM »

Fantastic news about Sean Miller. He'll have that league on toast.
the signing up of anybof this seasons sh*t can hardly be described as fantastic news

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2017, 07:00:06 PM »

the signing up of anybof this seasons sh*t can hardly be described as fantastic news

Sean Miller has been our best player by a distance and he wouldn't be out of place in the promotion-chasing squads of this league. Having him on board for an Evo-Stik campaign should prove to be huge. I'd say it's pretty fantastic, personally.

York Alty is back

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »

Little of that mud sticks to Clee, and none to young Taylor.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?