PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 29055 times)

arnald

Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2017, 09:52:47 PM »

Get rid of the chairman and start again what a joke we are to other teams we used to laugh  at

York Alty is back

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »

I expect those who appointed Young to leave the club. I want it done properly, realistic names to step in already lined up and ready to work to get us back from this absolute shambles.

Sadly we hear nothing to suggest those necessary changes are being planned. The clock is ticking. My patience is running out.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »

Unfortunately we're not gearing anything. The Chairman has been heard twice since the last fans forum. When he sacked Harvey and then when he gave Doughty the job to the end of the season. Does he have a plan? Are we recruiting a proper manager for next season? Does he anything to say?

York Alty is back

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2017, 10:51:01 PM »

Unfortunately we're not gearing anything. The Chairman has been heard twice since the last fans forum. When he sacked Harvey and then when he gave Doughty the job to the end of the season. Does he have a plan? Are we recruiting a proper manager for next season? Does he anything to say?
tick tock. The season starts in August so we have circa six months to resolve these  matters. The chairman has to leave, a manager appointed for next season and players recruited. There needs to be a strategy (maybe this comes from the recent review?) which gets us back to North level and a direction of how we get back to national level within a stated number of years. This is a huge piece of work that needs to start NOW. Tick tock. Tick tock.

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »

There should probably be a bomb attached to that clock.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:22 AM »

Cannot understand the point of this notion we have a six month pre season.  At this rate confidence will be completely shot and we will continue this losing streak into next year.  Sign players on for 2 years who's confidence has gone, marvelous self fulfilling nonsense.  Action is required now to stop a third relegation
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »

Whoever gave Tim Deasey a contract until the end of next season needs to be be shot. He's finished. He was at blame for the first goal yesterday and has Sam Heathcote take his goal kicks. He's done, finished, yet he will be on a good wedge and first choice next season.

York Alty is back

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »

Whoever gave Tim Deasey a contract until the end of next season needs to be be shot. He's finished. He was at blame for the first goal yesterday and has Sam Heathcote take his goal kicks. He's done, finished, yet he will be on a good wedge and first choice next season.

Did you see the lad we had before he re joined?

taxi Phil

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »

Had ? We're still saddled with him !

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 11:52:26 AM »

Didn't go, doubt I will see another Alty game this season.

We are now actively planning days out down here by looking at the Ryman fixtures. In the past we'd have gone up to the likes of Telford/Darlo 4/5 of us from London without thinking. We've already arranged 2 Saturdays out now at Ryman games in Feb/March. As someone else has said very easy to fall out the habit, especially for exiled fans. My first game was in 1987 but I am totally disillusioned and the feeling grows stronger by the week. We are a national embarrassment. I am truly astonished our pathetic excuse for a football team are still somehow pulling in 900 at home.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

We are now actively planning days out down here by looking at the Ryman fixtures. In the past we'd have gone up to the likes of Telford/Darlo 4/5 of us from London without thinking. We've already arranged 2 Saturdays out now at Ryman games in Feb/March. As someone else has said very easy to fall out the habit, especially for exiled fans. My first game was in 1987 but I am totally disillusioned and the feeling grows stronger by the week. We are a national embarrassment. I am truly astonished our pathetic excuse for a football team are still somehow pulling in 900 at home.

I hope this post is highlighted to the people at the top. This is a disaster, what the hell is going wrong. It was TEN QUID to get at Chorley yesterday and look at them compared to us, double loan signings of people you've heard of and sitting in the top 3. We need something constructive and quick.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

Yes, he was awful, but I wouldn't have panicked and given Tim Deasey an 18 month contract that's for sure.

York Alty is back

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »

Yes, he was awful, but I wouldn't have panicked and given Tim Deasey an 18 month contract that's for sure.

Fair point.  I have the same qualms about bringing Nicky Clee back in to be honest.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »

No issues with Clee for me. He is a top left winger, we were mugs to release him in the first place.

finnquark

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »

Another exile feeling the same way here. I've been back for two home games this season - Fylde and FCUM. Two spineless pieces of garbage that sum the entire season up. There are a few games I could haul myself to from Cambridge, but I just can't be bothered, and I've even stopped listening to RR - making better use of Saturday afternoons by going for a swim or a walk. The whole thing is just a joke, an absolute joke. Kudos to those of you still going, especially away games, but I must say I don't understand it. I'e gone from despair to anger and through to total apathy regarding the team now. The most depressing thing is that when we look forward to the Evo-Stik, we should be imagining a chance to revitalise the club through building a winning habit, going on long runs unbeaten, etc. But with the current set up (from board to players) this just doesn't seem plausible. If the current brains trust are in charge in August, it'll be indicative of the utter farce this club has become. The best way I can sum it up is that coming back from the baths yesterday and checking the score, I was pleased to see we had only lost 2-0 at Chorley.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread