PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 29026 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »

Didn't go, doubt I will see another Alty game this season.

We are now actively planning days out down here by looking at the Ryman fixtures. In the past we'd have gone up to the likes of Telford/Darlo 4/5 of us from London without thinking. We've already arranged 2 Saturdays out now at Ryman games in Feb/March. As someone else has said very easy to fall out the habit, especially for exiled fans. My first game was in 1987 but I am totally disillusioned and the feeling grows stronger by the week. We are a national embarrassment. I am truly astonished our pathetic excuse for a football team are still somehow pulling in 900 at home.

Another exile feeling the same way here. I've been back for two home games this season - Fylde and FCUM. Two spineless pieces of garbage that sum the entire season up. There are a few games I could haul myself to from Cambridge, but I just can't be bothered, and I've even stopped listening to RR - making better use of Saturday afternoons by going for a swim or a walk. The whole thing is just a joke, an absolute joke. Kudos to those of you still going, especially away games, but I must say I don't understand it. I'e gone from despair to anger and through to total apathy regarding the team now. The most depressing thing is that when we look forward to the Evo-Stik, we should be imagining a chance to revitalise the club through building a winning habit, going on long runs unbeaten, etc. But with the current set up (from board to players) this just doesn't seem plausible. If the current brains trust are in charge in August, it'll be indicative of the utter farce this club has become. The best way I can sum it up is that coming back from the baths yesterday and checking the score, I was pleased to see we had only lost 2-0 at Chorley.

My feelings are very similar. I genuinely forgot we were playing a couple of weeks ago and that has never happened to me in my adult life before.

I feel that, in terms of fan discontent, the reason there haven't yet been that many protests is because we don't really know the board's attitude to it all (what's happened to those promised Q&As with GR by the way? - we had one about the CSH but since then he's gone strangely silent...) How they react to our relegation, once it's mathematically certain, will dictate what happens next. I think it's possible that:

a) the board are fully intending to stand down and are in discussions with possible successors but are just waiting for our relegation to be confirmed to announce it
b) they've no intention of standing down but are in fact labouring under the delusion that they're the people to turn things round
c) they don't know what to do

So I think one thing we as fans can do is let the board know what we think. If they know how we're going to react to them staying or going, it may influence their decisions. So I will not be attending home games and will not re-join the Patrons Club or support any other club schemes if there aren't major changes at boardroom level, including a new chairman.

Last season was a massive disappointment. This season is an utter disgrace and nobody with any sense of integrity, decency or shame would even think of trying to cling on to the chairmanship of this football club after what's happened.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2017, 02:52:53 PM »

Didn't go, doubt I will see another Alty game this season.

We are now actively planning days out down here by looking at the Ryman fixtures. In the past we'd have gone up to the likes of Telford/Darlo 4/5 of us from London without thinking. We've already arranged 2 Saturdays out now at Ryman games in Feb/March. As someone else has said very easy to fall out the habit, especially for exiled fans. My first game was in 1987 but I am totally disillusioned and the feeling grows stronger by the week. We are a national embarrassment. I am truly astonished our pathetic excuse for a football team are still somehow pulling in 900 at home.

This is how I feel, travelled 300 miles to watch us not have a shot at Stockport, 200 to not have a shot at Gainsborough the list goes on. I'm going to Brackley on Tuesday but only because it's 30 minutes away, after that I don't think I'll be at another game until August. Sick of it and finding it harder and harder to care.

York Alty is back

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »

... nobody with any sense of integrity, decency or shame would even think of trying to cling on to the chairmanship of this football club after what's happened.
[/quote]

Full agreement with this.

I do not  believe anybody wanted this to happen, but it has. Waiting for mathematical relegation makes no sense to me, so I hope it's option A but am fearing it's C.

Like the fella from Gambia, it is time for GR to leave with some dignity.  

York Alty is back

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »

http://www.magpiesinspace.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5276i

The Chorley forum has had four replies and less than 200 views for the game.

This thread had 77 replies and well over 3000 views.  Not relevant to the team performances but does indicate size and support of the two clubs and yet we lost with ease. Its truly awful.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »

I live about a 15 minute drive from Fylde, but there's not a cat in hells chance of me going. I watched the 6 0 earlier in the season and have no desire to see it again.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »

11-1 to win at Brackley with some bookies

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »

11-1 to win at Brackley with some bookies

I wouldn't waste a pound even if it was 110-1.

Frosty

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »

THRIVING

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »

taxi Phil

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »

The minute's silence before kick off was the only time we looked like a cohesive unit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread