PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Miller injured again
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Miller injured again  (Read 10204 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Miller injured again
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »

Miller's not injury prone.

Hannigan seems to ok for the last couple of month's.

Clee hasnt been injured since his comeback from the operation.

Deasy is playing with an injury.

Its not players being injury prone but them playing when injured. Whether thats down to them or the club I dont know

Miller has had 3 separate injuries in the 6 months he's been at the club that haven't just been little knocks. If that makes him injury prone or not I don't know,hopefully just bad luck.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 05:04:07 PM »

I think Deasy should be rested, Dawber released, and a decent loan keeper brought in.

Dawber is on a contract until the end of the season so can't be released. If Deasy is injured then Dawber should play until Deasy is fully fit. We're down anyway and Dawber is getting a wage so he may as well play while Deasy gets fully fit for next season.

The question is who will be first choice keeper when the season starts in August?

It most certainly won't be Dawber as he'll be released as soon as his contract is up. I'd imagine it'll be Deasy if he gets himself fit as he's contracted until the end of next season.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »

Miller's not injury prone.

He missed the whole of pre-season and now two seperate injuries in a month. Thats three, how many do you want?

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »

I think Deasy should be rested, Dawber released, and a decent loan keeper brought in.

Dawber is on a contract until the end of the season so can't be released. If Deasy is injured then Dawber should play until Deasy is fully fit. We're down anyway and Dawber is getting a wage so he may as well play while Deasy gets fully fit for next season.

The question is who will be first choice keeper when the season starts in August?
hopefully someone else

York Alty is back

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »

hopefully someone else

😯

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »

He doesn't strike me as particularly injury prone but I find it odd we are giving contracts to players while they are injured for whatever reason. Particularly as there aren't any players at the club that you'd think Good God we've got to keep hold of him.

That Miller should be injured, sign a contract and then pick up another injury may be an unfortunate turn of events but we've had too many of these recruitment wise for my liking over the past two seasons.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 03:19:41 AM »

No way we keep either goalie next season. They are both rubbish. The sooner we realise that the whole squad is rubbish the better. Some people have just got used to our current level of crapness. We're bottom with a handful of points in a league lower than last season with a nailed on relegation. Every single player is not good enough for Alty without exception.

If that isn't the ethos then we are doomed again. Shoot me down as you will but you'll see come November.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 08:25:47 AM »

No way we keep either goalie next season. They are both rubbish. The sooner we realise that the whole squad is rubbish the better. Some people have just got used to our current level of crapness. We're bottom with a handful of points in a league lower than last season with a nailed on relegation. Every single player is not good enough for Alty without exception.

If that isn't the ethos then we are doomed again. Shoot me down as you will but you'll see come November.
Like it or not, we're stuck with half a team on contracts, and severance payments would leave a big hole in the budget. At least six players are Glue League standard, so we have to build round them. And pray.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 08:47:40 AM »

Every player is contracted apart from the one that was released on Saturday. It's the way of the world these days.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 09:03:43 AM »

Contracted to end of next season though? Whoever isn't should be released without exception

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »

We keep shipping players and managers, we need to look at the constants rather than keep going around in circles

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 09:26:33 AM »

I do wonder why we offered contracts till the end of next season to Deasy and Clee. Did we feel it was the only way we could persuade them to come back? Did they ask for them, knowing we'd most likely agree to whatever they requested in the circumstances. A very dubious decision in Deasy's case certainly.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »

We keep shipping players and managers, we need to look at the constants rather than keep going around in circles

They aren't good enough though Pete, get rid and tap up a decent manager who can bring in new blood.

This squad would be mid table at best in the league below. If that's what we want then get them signed up. Otherwise bin them all off and start again with a good, well connected manager.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »

I do wonder why we offered contracts till the end of next season to Deasy and Clee. Did we feel it was the only way we could persuade them to come back? Did they ask for them, knowing we'd most likely agree to whatever they requested in the circumstances. A very dubious decision in Deasy's case certainly.

I've no problem with us offering Nicky a contract until the end of the season. He is a National League player on his day, as shown in his performance against Gloucester when he had the right side of their team for breakfast. He's being double, sometimes triple marked at the moment because teams are sussing out that he is literally our only threat. Completely agree about Deasy though, especially considering he was brought back to the club during the transition period between Young and Harvey. Who actually made that signing?

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »

I've no problem with us offering Nicky a contract until the end of the season. He is a National League player on his day, as shown in his performance against Gloucester when he had the right side of their team for breakfast. He's being double, sometimes triple marked at the moment because teams are sussing out that he is literally our only threat. Completely agree about Deasy though, especially considering he was brought back to the club during the transition period between Young and Harvey. Who actually made that signing?

Has to have been the Chairman.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Miller injured again