https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pride
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pride  (Read 12993 times)

View from the middle

Pride
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »

When was the last time you could honestly hand on heart say you were proud to be an Altrincham FC fan?? I certainly wasn't proud today and haven't been for a long while watching the sh*t being served up week after week. And to be lambasted by fellow Altrincham 'fans' today at the game for showing my anger at the situation is out of order.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pride
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:25 PM »

I wasn't there today as I can't justify it

I was going next week but I can't stomach it sadly

I salute the fans that keep going to watch us away it's amazing

Fans react in different ways to our situation some get angry , upset some sit on the fence and some don't think there is a problem

I am pretty embarrassed by it all really now

Listening to radio robins today when the 2nd went in they sounded almost happy

But I can't blame them.  There dedication in doing that week in week out is amazing and sometimes humour is all that is left

What worries me the most (and I said it last season ) relegation again is disastrous and we have no given right to bounce back

Our name means nothing

We need 11 men giving it all for 90 minutes who want to win and fight for each other

Have we hit rock bottom yet ?

No I don't think we have sadly as I can't see where we will get a win from at present

We need a leader who can attract hungry talent in

We need a budget and vision that supports that ambition  (whatever the ambition is)

Then and only then will I start to feel proud again
ParkINson's red and white army

letsbyavenue

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:10 AM »

We are statistically the worst team in pro/semi pro football and no-one other than loyal supporters seem bothered with results on the pitch. For gods sake alty get some pride in the shirt and put an honest shift in!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:12:19 AM »

Whilst walking behind the goal on my way out yesterday I saw that there were a few cross words being said between Alty fans. No idea what had gone on but if someone was been lambasted for airing his grievances then that's wrong.

The team is awful, the management is awful and the board is awful so why aren't we allowed to say it out loud at the match?

It seems to be acceptable for key board warriors to have their ten penneth on here but low and behold anyone who vents their anger in person at a match.

Let's realize that the louder we shout the more chance we have of being heard. 

We are a very accommodating set of supporters.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 07:51:23 AM »

I wasn't there today as I can't justify it

I was going next week but I can't stomach it sadly

I salute the fans that keep going to watch us away it's amazing

Fans react in different ways to our situation some get angry , upset some sit on the fence and some don't think there is a problem

I am pretty embarrassed by it all really now

Listening to radio robins today when the 2nd went in they sounded almost happy

But I can't blame them.  There dedication in doing that week in week out is amazing and sometimes humour is all that is left

What worries me the most (and I said it last season ) relegation again is disastrous and we have no given right to bounce back

Our name means nothing

We need 11 men giving it all for 90 minutes who want to win and fight for each other

Have we hit rock bottom yet ?

No I don't think we have sadly as I can't see where we will get a win from at present

We need a leader who can attract hungry talent in

We need a budget and vision that supports that ambition  (whatever the ambition is)

Then and only then will I start to feel proud again

Very good post.

As things stand, there is no way that we are going to start winning just because we will be in a lower league. I fear us sticking our noses up at teams that will see us as a big scalp, with the inevitable consequences.

Any notion of Doughty, Lawton and Heathcote being the management team for next season needs to be put to bed right now.  The only reason for keeping them is to avoid yet another management change, but that is not reason enough.

We need a streetwise, hard nosed outsider in charge who doesnt give a toss about past reputations and isnt afraid to shake things up and get rid of people. The cobwebs, dead wood and stink of constant failure needs to be totally swept away.

The board itself cannot continue in its current form. The events of the last 12 months have made its position untenable.  3 league wins under under 4 managers since March, with the probability of 2 relegations on the bounce, is appalling.

This club needs re-energising, re-inventing and overhauling.  People need their inspiration and enthusiasm back; pussyfooting around, making piecemeal decisions, is not going to do that.

Finally, if what has happened to us had happened at many other clubs there'd be banners out and protests outside the front entrance. I think the fans have been remarkably loyal and supportive throughout all this.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:54:01 AM by Bob »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »

When was the last time you could honestly hand on heart say you were proud to be an Altrincham FC fan?? I certainly wasn't proud today and haven't been for a long while watching the sh*t being served up week after week. And to be lambasted by fellow Altrincham 'fans' today at the game for showing my anger at the situation is out of order.

I remember when my father was alive,At Alty games if he thought a player was crap he would tell them in no uncertain terms how bad they were and our own fans would shout leave him alone,to which my father would tell them they were next.In those days anything went at a match.Now while that sort of behaviour is not acceptable these days,if someone or in this case nearly the whole team are bad as fans we need to tell them how bad they are,it might wake em up,it certainly will not make them any worse in our case as they cannot get any worse.
Harold

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

I've had enough of this, how can anyone be expected not to express their anger at this situation.  Put this one in the same pile as saying the club is thriving
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »

Colchester. As disappointed as I was, I was proud that our depleted squad that day had nearly pulled off a great win or at least draw.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »

In answer to the fans part of this thread.

An Altrincham fan gave Andy Owens some stick for messing about and simply not just shooting. He should of shot. Then a member of the Ford family lambasted this man. "4 goals. 4 goals in 4 games. And you want him off. In the most hysterical voice I've heard. I told him to call down. I've seen my grandad like that and nearly be ill of the back of getting that irate."

After this incident, another member of the ford clan demanded to know WHO RUNS THE TWITTER? Over and and over again. To which I replied I was doing the updates. Furiously he demanded why James Lawries two pathetic corners (they went straight out before even reaching the first man) had got an update and Nicky Clee's poor corner had not been mentioned. It had, just not attributed to Nicky as it was hard to tell from the slope who had taken it. The gentlemen in question then started a row with other Altrincham fans showing off that he'd watched us 50 years and bragging about how much his does for the club. It became a horse size competition. Apparently I don't do enough for the club. Maybe he should speak to my misses or bosses. A full time 50 hour week, plus jointly running a social media (which some clubs have full time staff doing this) and working on our commercial activity.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but not when being self richeous or pompous.

Whether you do one hour behind the bar, or put in 50 hours like Karen* (I'm guessing here Karen. Could be more or less). Everyone's time and efforts to watch the club - even the lads who simply go on the train and watch us across land and sea deserve credit as that costs time and money and undoubtably causes friction in other areas of their life deserve some credit - support the club with services, time or money should be seen as equal and Appreciated.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 10:40:47 AM »

This situation is Frankly ridiculous, we are at stage and have been for while where supporters are turning on each other. This is a rudderless boat heading towards the waterfall. I walked out after the second goal yesterday, I've no issue watching poor footballers, I've an issue with concededing goal like the second one. I'd suggest this review meeting or whatever is being put together is done sooner rather than later. Let people know what the script is because we are now a laughing stock and we are spiralling and I fear some of this damage could become beyond repair. The away following for a game up the road yesterday was pitiful. People are boycotting and people are walking away. You can quickly get out of the habit and that is what's going to happen if we don't get this sorted, quickly.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

How many went to Chorley ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »

I agree with Tommy D. a club statement regarding next season's plan would be most welcome.

Going back to Altrincham's Social point about giving up free time to help out in whatever capacity, I assume the board have jobs and can only dedicate a certain amount of time to AFC. This is not a dig but a fact.

Didn't go yesterday (not a boycott, just couldn't face it) but it does appear we have 3 in the management team who arn't signing from the same hymn sheet.

Full time and proud of it

welman way

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

I witnessed this, it was quite apparent that certain players are immune from criticism from sections of our support, what one player is lambasted for, another avoids any criticism and this was happening time and time again in the 2nd half. To those who disagreed with the gentlemans outburst,it was passionate and emotional and if I was on that pitch I would respond to a supporters passion rather than the derogatory comments many thought was more appropriate!!
Regarding the Twitter incident,in my opinion  you were stood in a perfect position to see the corners  being taken, you were stood in the same place for the mentioned corners but you could only see it was James lawrie who delivered 2 poor corners and not Nicky Clees, maybe move so you have a clear view next time. You also point out you volunteer to provide updates via twitter so thank you for that but please don't allow personal opinions to interfere with reporting the facts.
The teams effort in the 2nd half could not be criticised on a poor pitch against a better team and they kept going till the end regardless of so many insults aimed at them every time they were in earshot

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »

How many went to Chorley ?

30/40? Should be 200 minimum for a game up the road

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »

I witnessed this, it was quite apparent that certain players are immune from criticism from sections of our support, what one player is lambasted for, another avoids any criticism and this was happening time and time again in the 2nd half. To those who disagreed with the gentlemans outburst,it was passionate and emotional and if I was on that pitch I would respond to a supporters passion rather than the derogatory comments many thought was more appropriate!!
Regarding the Twitter incident,in my opinion  you were stood in a perfect position to see the corners  being taken, you were stood in the same place for the mentioned corners but you could only see it was James lawrie who delivered 2 poor corners and not Nicky Clees, maybe move so you have a clear view next time. You also point out you volunteer to provide updates via twitter so thank you for that but please don't allow personal opinions to interfere with reporting the facts.
The teams effort in the 2nd half could not be criticised on a poor pitch against a better team and they kept going till the end regardless of so many insults aimed at them every time they were in earshot

Thanks for that Mr Ford.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pride