https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pride
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pride  (Read 12992 times)

bumble

Re: Pride
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

I witnessed this, it was quite apparent that certain players are immune from criticism from sections of our support, what one player is lambasted for, another avoids any criticism and this was happening time and time again in the 2nd half. To those who disagreed with the gentlemans outburst,it was passionate and emotional and if I was on that pitch I would respond to a supporters passion rather than the derogatory comments many thought was more appropriate!!
Regarding the Twitter incident,in my opinion  you were stood in a perfect position to see the corners  being taken, you were stood in the same place for the mentioned corners but you could only see it was James lawrie who delivered 2 poor corners and not Nicky Clees, maybe move so you have a clear view next time. You also point out you volunteer to provide updates via twitter so thank you for that but please don't allow personal opinions to interfere with reporting the facts.
The teams effort in the 2nd half could not be criticised on a poor pitch against a better team and they kept going till the end regardless of so many insults aimed at them every time they were in earshot

Wind it in. what personal opinions? The fact that I didn't name a player who took a poor corner. Deary me. Maybe watch the game rather than following updates on your phone.

youve either an issue with Lawrie being singled out or Clee not lynched for his first poor corner (it got reported as a poor corner). Lawrie had done the same corner with in 3 minutes. Hence the mention.

You might wish to learn to understand sarcasm after biting at a sarcy comment about Clee being protected.

Lawrie has been at this club for 6 years and never been great at corners. '

There is no conspiracy theory about Nicky or Lawrie. I await my apology for not doing enough for the club with baited breath

welman way

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:53 AM »

Don't recall criticising you on not doing enough for the club so no apologies needed and my response was to try and give my version of events regarding the facts of the day and the events which unfolded. You chose to inform us all of your generosity in supporting the club with your free time, I don't have the luxury of copious amounts of free time but when I'm able to attend I support with enthusiasm and passion unlike many nowadays

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »

but when I'm able to attend I support with enthusiasm and passion unlike many nowadays

You're a better man than me then.

Or are you?

View from the middle

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:24 AM »

I witnessed this, it was quite apparent that certain players are immune from criticism from sections of our support, what one player is lambasted for, another avoids any criticism and this was happening time and time again in the 2nd half. To those who disagreed with the gentlemans outburst,it was passionate and emotional and if I was on that pitch I would respond to a supporters passion rather than the derogatory comments many thought was more appropriate!!
Regarding the Twitter incident,in my opinion  you were stood in a perfect position to see the corners  being taken, you were stood in the same place for the mentioned corners but you could only see it was James lawrie who delivered 2 poor corners and not Nicky Clees, maybe move so you have a clear view next time. You also point out you volunteer to provide updates via twitter so thank you for that but please don't allow personal opinions to interfere with reporting the facts.
The teams effort in the 2nd half could not be criticised on a poor pitch against a better team and they kept going till the end regardless of so many insults aimed at them every time they were in earshot

Whilst I appreciate the team showed plenty of effort in the second half, it is not possible to win a game of football if you have no shots at goal. I find it laughable that you feel it's ok to blame a bad pitch and the fact we were playing a 'better' team. Chorley are higher in the table than us yes but in the second half yesterday they were no better than us. How many notable saves did Deasy make compared to their keeper? Both teams could have played without a keeper in the second half.

It speaks volumes that the only bit of praise you can come up with is that 'the players kept going til the end'. So they bloody should it's their job. If you paid someone to wallpaper your living room and they stopped working without hanging the last piece would you say 'oh it's ok he's shown plenty of effort'? You can't praise someone for doing their job badly.

welman way

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »

But continuouly criticising them isn't  going to help.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »

Im afraid geeing the lads on isnt really going to have a massive effect right now. The issues run far, far deeper.

welman way

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

but when I'm able to attend I support with enthusiasm and passion unlike many nowadays

Or are you?
 Not being familiar with who you are on a personal level I'm unable to answer that

bumble

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »

Don't recall criticising you on not doing enough for the club so no apologies needed and my response was to try and give my version of events regarding the facts of the day and the events which unfolded. You chose to inform us all of your generosity in supporting the club with your free time, I don't have the luxury of copious amounts of free time but when I'm able to attend I support with enthusiasm and passion unlike many nowadays

You did. You also chose to lambast us all for not supporting the club for 52 years like yourself. IVE BEEN WATCHING US FOR 52 YEARS. I DO SO MUCH FOR THE CLUB. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I DO AT THE CLUB.

I don't do it in my free time. I do it mostly during my work. I'm lucky enough to work in a company that allows me to keep working on Altrincham projects.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:13:43 PM by Altrincham Social »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »

Or are you?
 Not being familiar with who you are on a personal level I'm unable to answer that

Is correct, as I meant to put supporter rather than man.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »

Like it or not you pull on the shirt your expected to put effort in and produce something. Doing only one of those two things isn't enough

welman way

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 12:16:17 PM »

I'm 46 years of age !!  I'm no mathematician but  supporting altrincham for 52 years isn't possible  😳
I think you've confused me with one of the gentleman you we're trying to belittle on the terrace, like I said, I witnessed the events

View from the middle

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »

As a paying customer at a football match I expect my team to put in 100% effort and I also expect to be entertained. Yesterday neither of my expectations were met for the full game so I have the right to complain. If you are 6, 46 or 106 you surely can't be happy with the state of the club at this moment in time?

If continuously criticising the team isn't going to help, then what do you suggest will? Please don't patronise me and say we need to get behind the board and the players because I will just laugh at you.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »

Agree that criticising individual players is not going to help. Owens in particular was bearing the brunt of much of the criticism I could hear. He was continually being lambasted for not shooting, though he was surrounded by 4 or 5 Chorley players, several of whom were holding him at any one time. I don't think some of the comments from supporters were fair, even if understandable given the circumstances.

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »

Agree that criticising individual players is not going to help. Owens in particular was bearing the brunt of much of the criticism I could hear. He was continually being lambasted for not shooting, though he was surrounded by 4 or 5 Chorley players, several of whom were holding him at any one time. I don't think some of the comments from supporters were fair, even if understandable given the circumstances.

When Owens was encouraged to shoot there was an opportunity for him to do so. Due to his inability as a footballer he then took about 32 touches which enabled Chorley defenders to surround him. He then belatedly shot, which was predictably blocked and this led to people's frustrations with him. It wasn't the fact it was Owens. It was the fact this was a recurring theme all through the second half. He wants 5 seconds to get himself set and that just isn't going to happen.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »

I don't agree mate. Perhaps that happened once, I don't know, but it seemed to me and another Alty fan I was stood with, that the shouts for him to shoot became increasingly ridiculous as the game wore on. I get that it's frustration and believe me I'm with you on that, but it at least has to be fair. Chorley defend well, they targeted Owens from the start and the lad was ploughing a lone furrow against several defenders at any one time. I just don't think yelling for him to shoot, even when his back is to goal, is particularly helpful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pride