Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 1988  (Read 21419 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1988
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »

What was Newby like?
Looked lively, if not a little lightweight.

Well, I'm going to be controversial tonight and not popular ...but I'm gonna say it. And, having been to every home game and only missed 2 away games all season I feel I have the right ...but I was pissed off with our fans picking out 2 players ( Cyrus and Hannigan) for direct stick today. Booing the ref for not sending Cyrus off, and replying to the Fylde support who were chanting Toms name with " you can have him back " is out of order. Particularly as these guys were right in front of the fans...I wonder if you'd be as brave on your own or say them face to face?

Not too sure what you expected today, and I applaud you for making the effort  to go, but it's counter productive to offer support by travelling then to loudly slag off individuals (who are not making errors deliberately). Plus, I happened to think Hannigan played well today - but of course that is personal opinion.

I'm all for the Roweley chants --he does need to go -- but he's not on the pitch and I was unhappy at these 2 players being picked out like that.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »

I agree Macsporran. As infuriating as it can frequently be collectively getting on players backs wont help.
Surprised Hannigan got stick as hes our only decent defender.
Full time and proud of it

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »

What was Newby like?

Well, I'm going to be controversial tonight and not popular ...but I'm gonna say it. And, having been to every home game and only missed 2 away games all season I feel I have the right ...but I was pissed off with our fans picking out 2 players ( Cyrus and Hannigan) for direct stick today. Booing the ref for not sending Cyrus off, and replying to the Fylde support who were chanting Toms name with " you can have him back " is out of order. Particularly as these guys were right in front of the fans...I wonder if you'd be as brave on your own or say them face to face?

Not too sure what you expected today, and I applaud you for making the effort  to go, but it's counter productive to offer support by travelling then to loudly slag off individuals (who are not making errors deliberately). Plus, I happened to think Hannigan played well today - but of course that is personal opinion.

I'm all for the Roweley chants --he does need to go -- but he's not on the pitch and I was unhappy at these 2 players being picked out like that.

Tend to agree if I'm honest but I think and hope that they were more tongue in cheek chants than anything laughing at our own demise, especially that of Hannigan. I think most supporters would agree that he alone isn't the problem this season.

As for people saying Doughty out etc I'd have to disagree, no manager can undo what has happened here in such a short space of time, you'd need a miracle. You can't just get rid of every single manager that comes through the door if you don't see instant results, it's going to take a lot of time to turn this around.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »

Fylde settled down with their pipe and slippers and effectively declared at 3-0.

For Alty, whilst there is no absence of effort, there is simply a dearth of quality...and we are so easy to score against.

Jones was completely off the pace and Brownhill and Adeloye both look hopelessly out of their depth.

Hannigan was comfortably our best player.

In all my years of watching Alty, I don't recall ever hearing so many ironic and derogatory chants directed against the chairman and his board from sections of the away support.

I sense that something's got to give here very soon.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »

What was Newby like?

Not too sure what you expected today, and I applaud you for making the effort  to go, but it's counter productive to offer support by travelling then to loudly slag off individuals (who are not making errors deliberately). Plus, I happened to think Hannigan played well today - but of course that is personal opinion.

Tend to agree if I'm honest but I think and hope that they were more tongue in cheek chants than anything laughing at our own demise, especially that of Hannigan. I think most supporters would agree that he alone isn't the problem this season.

As for people saying Doughty out etc I'd have to disagree, no manager can undo what has happened here in such a short space of time, you'd need a miracle. You can't just get rid of every single manager that comes through the door if you don't see instant results, it's going to take a lot of time to turn this around.
do you think we should have kept Harvey ? .
Come on you red and white........

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »

Alty was a proper and proud non league club, you can't expect people not to speak out when we have had to endure total and utter incompetence on every level for 12 months and more. Those players have got away with it for weeks, a few cheeky jeers and laughter is no less than they deserve. There has been an acceptance of sh*t from the top running all the way through to the pitch for too long now.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »

What was Newby like?

I do. No point in sacking Harvey, unless he was replaced by someone better. Doughy was never going to work.

York Alty is back

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »

I sense that something's got to give here very soon.

Correct. I expect more of the same vertbals from now on.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth nothing is going to happen until the end of the season.

Neil Young got Chester two promotions. He failed at Stockport but I wouldn't be surprised to hear him say that was because he had no cash to bring anyone decent in. On that basis I can understand why the board took a punt on him. Unfortunately, by the time we'd realised he'd got it oh so wrong there's not enough talent sloshing around waiting to come and play for us.

Nothing has changed between the Autumn and now and nothing will change until the summer. We knew the last couple of weeks were going to be tough and it still will be until mid February. At this point in time I'm not expecting much against Halifax or Harrogate but it will be interesting to see what we can do against Telford, Worcester and Stalybridge.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 08:02:13 PM »

What was Newby like?

No, because I saw absolutely no fight from him whatsoever, we actually got worse I'd say plus the players he brought in added nothing. I've seen some better players under doughty already and a little bit more tenacity. I think that's earned him some more time if nothing else. Besides the season is gone now, what manager in his right mind would want to come here until the end of the campaign?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »

What was Newby like?

No, because I saw absolutely no fight from him whatsoever, we actually got worse I'd say plus the players he brought in added nothing. I've seen some better players under doughty already and a little bit more tenacity. I think that's earned him some more time if nothing else. Besides the season is gone now, what manager in his right mind would want to come here until the end of the campaign?

better players? more tenacity? I don't know who you've been watching or have you been taken in my by the bullsh*t interviews with our management team.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 08:11:21 PM »

Don't think it was out of order in any way today directing at individual players and the board. Fans are paying goo money on a weekly basis to watch that load of rubbish! As for the players I think it is pathetic of them to show so little appreciation of the fans which turned up today! Adeloye was the only player who came over and acknowledged the fans. The longer this comedy show goes on the more the players will get individual criticism. The fans deserve more and I think we have been very patient over the last few months - something which would not happen at other clubs.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

What was Newby like?

better players? more tenacity? I don't know who you've been watching or have you been taken in my by the bullsh*t interviews with our management team.

What was Newby like?

Not too sure what you expected today, and I applaud you for making the effort  to go, but it's counter productive to offer support by travelling then to loudly slag off individuals (who are not making errors deliberately). Plus, I happened to think Hannigan played well today - but of course that is personal opinion.

My point is there's absoultey zero reason to get rid of doughty now. What purpose does it serve?

And if you're comparing the players Harvey had signed to the ones Doughty has then yes absolutely, it was a joke and marginally better than Neil Young's scatter gun approach but at least he managed to bring in Miller and Hannigan amongst the rest of the complete rubbish that was signed.

and I'm saying that in comparison to what was served up before he came in. We're still completely sh*t of course.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:41 PM »

As I said after Owens got stick at Chorley, giving individual players verbals during games is just counter productive and distasteful.The board made 2 dreadful managerial appointments in Tolson and Young. Harvey was dealt a piss poor hand and Matt has been too. They've had a squad with one defender in it. Rowley should go at the end of the season obviously following successive relegations. As for Matt, I'm sick of managerial changes and I think he should be given at least a chance to assemble his own squad.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 08:47:16 PM »

As I said after Owens got stick at Chorley, giving individual players verbals during games is just counter productive and distasteful.The board made 2 dreadful managerial appointments in Tolson and Young. Harvey was dealt a piss poor hand and Matt has been too. They've had a squad with one defender in it. Rowley should go at the end of the season obviously following successive relegations. As for Matt, I'm sick of managerial changes and I think he should be given at least a chance to assemble his own squad.

This is the problem. No matter how badly we are doing we are now Rowley FC and unfortunately he will 100% still be chairman in the Evostick next season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team