* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 1988  (Read 21449 times)

bumble

Re: 1988
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »

As I said after Owens got stick at Chorley, giving individual players verbals during games is just counter productive and distasteful.The board made 2 dreadful managerial appointments in Tolson and Young. Harvey was dealt a piss poor hand and Matt has been too. They've had a squad with one defender in it. Rowley should go at the end of the season obviously following successive relegations. As for Matt, I'm sick of managerial changes and I think he should be given at least a chance to assemble his own squad.

With what funds, the player we have now where bought because thats what the club could afford according to the board following relegation and a second relegation is going to devestating to the clubs finances.

Alty are going to need a 10 year plan to restructure the club and its finances, next few years are going to be hard to take.

Young or Harvey didn't spend all the budget and chose to bring in cheap options.

Young went over budget on pub youth players.

bumble

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2017, 10:28:55 AM »

To be honest, the chants were born out of trying to find some humour in getting rolled over by yet another nothing club that's zooming on by. The heckling and general venting of frustrations has been very tame. We're a nice set of fans, let's be honest. Windows would be going through at other clubs. I think a few lads telling a player what they think of him is fine given the fact he's been ever present in the worst Altrincham side in the history of the club.
Really? Well I don't see the 'humour' in personal abuse of players who wear the shirt.
Ok, they may not reach the standards you expect -- or of days gone by --but do you really think it's helping the team and individuals by screaming out that bile? You need to take a look at yourself...I see all the same faces at away games, and it's great to have such a loyal support. But if you think that supporting your team involves screaming that crap at players then you and your bunch of mates can do one . If you seriously think that these actions have improved our situation I'd be delighted to hear your reasoning.  

You must live an extremely, extremely sheltered life.

Bile? We're hardly going round telling him to die, or abusing his family like a lot of clubs would. One song about Hannigan, some heckles after appealing defending put us 4 down.

We spent longer singing about Blackpool than we did about John Cyrus. We spent longer singing about billy Hashler Cregg than we did about the shoddy defending,

We're spending £1000s a year to travel across the country and a tame bit of jovial criticism is the least of of concerns, and actually only started at 4-1 down. We were polite enough to wait to Hannigan had decided to run away from the striker before offering to send him back.

After being mocked by the home fans for our lack of points and going down, we moved away from singing about Alty.

For the record, nobody's mentioning the Rowley out , Rowley legacy, and community chants?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:55:17 AM by Altrincham Social »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »

To be honest, the chants were born out of trying to find some humour in getting rolled over by yet another nothing club that's zooming on by. The heckling and general venting of frustrations has been very tame. We're a nice set of fans, let's be honest. Windows would be going through at other clubs. I think a few lads telling a player what they think of him is fine given the fact he's been ever present in the worst Altrincham side in the history of the club.
Really? Well I don't see the 'humour' in personal abuse of players who wear the shirt.
Ok, they may not reach the standards you expect -- or of days gone by --but do you really think it's helping the team and individuals by screaming out that bile? You need to take a look at yourself...I see all the same faces at away games, and it's great to have such a loyal support. But if you think that supporting your team involves screaming that crap at players then you and your bunch of mates can do one . If you seriously think that these actions have improved our situation I'd be delighted to hear your reasoning. 

You must live an extremely, extremely sheltered life.

Bile? We're hardly going round telling him to die, or abusing his family like a lot of clubs would. One song about Hannigan, some heckles after appealing defending put us 4 down.

We spent longer singing about Blackpool than we did about John Cyrus. We spent longer singing about billy Hashler Cregg than we did about the shoddy defending,

We're spending £1000s a year to travel across the country and a tame bit of jovial criticism is the least of of concerns, and actually only started at 4-1 down. We were polite enough to wait to Hannigan had decided to run away from the striker before offering to send him back.

After being mocked by the home fans for our lack of points and going down, we moved away

Totally agree.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2017, 11:18:27 AM »

The club is on its last legs.

Do they know how lucky they are to have such loyal and persistent supporters? Other teams would have had three men a dog in the away end.

We are not in a position where this is going to carry on happening, new blood will die off.

We now have two top 6 Premiership teams on our doorstep!

My boycott continues and I took the opportunity to go and watch City at Palace, only £20. I had a very enjoyable day out.

Others will follow.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »

The fans are frustrated what do people expect ?

Like Ive said before its a free country and as long it's not abusive it's peoples right to voice there opinions either way

Anyway all this is just a mere diversion away from the real problems facing this club

The short and medium term objectives of the 5 year plan will be very interesting
ParkINson's red and white army

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »

Just watched Football on 5, Have you seen what Coventry fans disgruntled with there club did at Northampton. Flares throwing things at players then police carrying fans away in handcuff
now thats over the top.
@AltyDaz

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »

Just watched Football on 5, Have you seen what Coventry fans disgruntled with there club did at Northampton. Flares throwing things at players then police carrying fans away in handcuff
now thats over the top.

It is but they along with blackpool , Blackburn and charlton have been shafted by theirowners at least our hierarchy actually care.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 12:06:59 PM »

now thats over the top.

It is but they along with blackpool , Blackburn and charlton have been shafted by theirowners at least our hierarchy actually care.

Didn't say they didn't just pointing out what other clubs have resorted too
@AltyDaz

Jimmy

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »

If they cared they would go

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »

They cant go if there's no one is there to fill the void.

Well they could and then the would grind to a halt
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »

No one stepping in because they do nothing to let outsiders in,why simply because of his ego.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »

No one stepping in because they do nothing to let outsiders in,why simply because of his ego.

This is bang on!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »

4 years ago today we beat Boston 7-1
@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 01:11:06 PM »

4 years ago today we beat Boston 7-1

Two years ago we won all four of our games in Vanarama National during January. It seems a lifetime away now.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »

Fylde didn't get out of second gear. The same "we can't be expected to beat fyide/Chorley" stuff being trotted out as last week. The same Fylde that lost to curzon Ashton last week, the same curzon Ashton that won at Darlington Yesterday where we will register another tame surrender in a fortnight and Hear we can't be expected to compete with Darlington. Something seriously wrong here and people are worrying about a few jocular chants by the most patient and dispirited fan base in the country. By the end of this month we will have won 15 league games in TWO YEARS, And still people turn up week in week out. That was incredible turn out yesterday considering everyone knew what we were going to encounter. Those in attendance deserve a medal. Had we been even midtable you'd have seen another hundred in attendance. Keep hearing be careful what you wish for being banded about, well that works two ways. Goodwill only extends so far. And the core long term support of this club is drifting away in big numbers, they need placating not criticising
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team