News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dawber departs

Author Topic: Dawber departs  (Read 4270 times)

roytonmike

Dawber departs
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:20:32 PM »

See club website. I presume Clee has been designated emergency goalkeeper lately, but I do think a second recognised goalkeeper is needed. Maybe the powers that be have someone in mind - hope so, as I still don't believe Deasy is 100% physically fit.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Dawber departs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »

We definitely need another decent keeper to compete with Deasy. Dawber was absolute garbage and will struggle to get a gig above North West Counties level.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »

Cue move to Alsager Town, and the inevitable De Gea impression as they knock us out of the CSC.

Joking apart, it only leaves Jones if Deasy finally succumbs to his ongoing injury. No wonder we're a laughing stock.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:00:39 PM »

Best of luck to the lad. No one can say he wasn't fully committed, and he can't say that we didn't give him every opportunity to succeed. Sadly, at this stage of his career he just hasn't been good enough... Even if he did show glimpses of some decent shot stopping at times.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »

A half decent shot stopper, but absolutely woeful on crosses. Problem is Deasey's recent performances have been as poor as Dawber's worst. Like Alan Goodall, Deasey is finished.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

Good luck to him. As has been said, he was a good shot stopper, but you never felt he was in command of his area. I had hoped he would stay on and work on improving his game, as he has showed potential, and I was very happy with him as a cover goalkeeper, but it's not to be.

My first thoughts were that we need somebody else in to challenge Tim Deasy, but then I wondered why, as it is not as if we are fighting to stay up, so we might as well save on a wage.

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »

It is hard to judge a keeper in such a sh*te team in my view. Fair criticism about not enough command, I hoped he would get that with confidence. As we are utter sh*te there was no opportunity for confidence to grow. Oh well, just another name in the dark dark history of this season.

Good luck elsewhere.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »

Not his fault by any stretch to be thrown into the lions den like that but ultimately he wasn't up to it, which is also the case for plenty of his colleagues who unfortunately should have been better equipped.

I imagine this season has been awful for him as well as the rest of us, but realistically the club starting the season without a recognised goalkeeper has cost us a fair few points. Just one of several blunders by Neil Young.

I hope the lad gets the guidance he needs elsewhere for the rest of his career.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »

Good luck to the lad in the future.

Although realistically he's not going to surface anywhere in any proper adult league of note I'm afraid.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Good.Luck Andrew
Thanks for the effort.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dawber departs