PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Vice Chairman Resigns  (Read 20875 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vice Chairman Resigns
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 09:22:14 AM »

Define incompetent? We're a football club that has had two successive relegations and the second one has been far worse than the first which given the fact we are financially more competitive than last season in the league we are in is simply mind boggling. There are several very obvious failings which are wholly down to the board.

To me that is completely incompetent. We need football people to make this a football club again because the board are steering us away from football and into some sort of community social support group and whilst the books might be balanced now they wont be looking so healthy in 2 years time when we are still in the northern premier league playing in front of 700 every other week.

Really? I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if we are getting those figures if we fail to come straight back up.
it's crazy but I agree we will maintain 700 for most games midweek will suffer heavily though

That is still a potential 30% reduction which is frightening
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »

It's worse than that because some on here are expecting a 30% reduction in entry fee as well.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 09:50:39 AM »

Define incompetent? We're a football club that has had two successive relegations and the second one has been far worse than the first which given the fact we are financially more competitive ]it's crazy but I agree we will maintain 700 for most games midweek will suffer heavily though

In our last stint in the unibond (another sticky situation) we were averaging in the high 500's to low 600's and I certainly can't see us doing any better than that when we are playing one man and his dog FC (if we fail in our 1st season). I know the crowds have miraculously held up this season, but I can't see that continuing indefinitely. We shall see, but hopefully we won't be down there for more than one season (jaysus, I could weep at the prospect).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »

Andrew Shaw did a lot of good work over the years for altrincham football club. Being on the top table at a Football club is a thankless task as seen by some of the comments on here. From the negotiations regarding the sale of the car park to various other business decisions that have been to the benefit of the football over the last 15 years Mr shaws imput was invaluable. Time moves on and things evolve but Andrew should be credited with helping steer the club through the rocks when things were in a really bad way. And I'll place on record my thanks for his 15 years of involvement in what others have said, isn't his first love football wise.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »

It's worse than that because some on here are expecting a 30% reduction in entry fee as well.

A 28.5% reduction would make it £10 in to stand up. Any more would be too much,simple.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »

So if we've currently got 1000 fans paying an average of £10 each = £10000 a game through the turnstile. (No idea whether that is realistic or not)
Next season 650 fans paying average of £8 each = £5,200

Then you've got to look at how much less business the CSH will do and the guys in the food cabins.
It's going to be a serious drop in income.

The only thing potentially still bringing in the same level of income will be the extra curricular stuff in the CSH.

Sobering times

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »

Whatever  people think of the CSH  and what part it's played in our downfall, one thing for certain is the fact its income is going to make up a vast amount of immediate future income
Full time and proud of it

View from the middle

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »

So if we've currently got 1000 fans paying an average of £10 each = £10000 a game through the turnstile. (No idea whether that is realistic or not)

Then you've got to look at how much less business the CSH will do and the guys in the food cabins.

The only thing potentially still bringing in the same level of income will be the extra curricular stuff in the CSH.

Sobering times

I think that is what Emporer Rowley wants so he can turn round and say 'I told you so'

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »

Sobering times

I think that is what Emporer Rowley wants so he can turn round and say 'I told you so'

I know what you mean and I really wish that he could say that because it was acting as a spring board rather than a safety net.

roytonmike

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »

Sobering times
There are about 300 season ticket holders, so as of now the average figure of 1000 paying on the day is about right (our average home League attendance is currently 1305). Whether £10 per person is a realistic figure I don't know - I suspect it may be a bit on the high side.
If the powers that be want to see anything like 700 fans in total (i.e. including season ticket holders) per home game they are going to have to price 'competitively' to say the least. This year's gate figures are inflated in particular by the 2000+ gates v Stockport, Salford & FCUM, which won't happen again in a hurry. People won't pay over the odds, as they have done this season,  to watch dross any more - the going rate 'on the day' in the EvoStik is £10 (adult) & that's where Alty need to pitch it next season.
Incidentally, season ticket holders actually pay more per game this season than last - prices didn't change but the number of home games went down by two; something else that should be remedied by some sort of compensatory pricing next season.
It is indeed going to create a very serious gap in income & needs to be borne in mind when expectation levels for 2017-18 are considered, although gates of 700 would still be way ahead of most if not all of the rest of the division.
As to the departing Vice-Chairman - I didn't know the gentleman personally but he did seem to cut at best a distant figure. I don't doubt that he did useful work for the Club but he didn't appear to mix with the supporters at all.

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »

I think it can be assumed that season ticket revenue will diminish next season. I can't be the only one who'll  want to "suck it and see".

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »

Define incompetent? We're a football club that has had two successive relegations and the second one has been far worse than the first which given the fact we are financially more competitive ]it's crazy but I agree we will maintain 700 for most games midweek will suffer heavily though

In our last stint in the unibond (another sticky situation) we were averaging in the high 500's to low 600's and I certainly can't see us doing any better than that when we are playing one man and his dog FC (if we fail in our 1st season). I know the crowds have miraculously held up this season, but I can't see that continuing indefinitely. We shall see, but hopefully we won't be down there for more than one season (jaysus, I could weep at the prospect).

I just hope and pray we have hit rock bottom . We have no right to survive thier either . Look at this season . Very sad times

I still think that the CSH will keep us at 700 as people find it good to use on match day . Also the local population has grown alongside the community links
Come on you red and white........

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »

If we want to come straight back up then we should keep the prices the same or make a small reduction whilst continuing with incentives for kids etc. Anyone that thinks we're just going to magic money from somewhere is deluded.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 06:32:30 AM »

If we want to come straight back up then we should keep the prices the same or make a small reduction whilst continuing with incentives for kids etc. Anyone that thinks we're just going to magic money from somewhere is deluded.

If we keep the prices the same we'll  get crowds of 300.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 09:26:14 AM »

If we keep the prices the same we'll  get crowds of 300.

I would say 300 is optimistic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns