PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Billy Heath
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Billy Heath  (Read 10032 times)

bumble

Billy Heath
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:24:00 PM »

Managing Halifax today having brought his ferriby mates with him.

I hope we can hire a man who can bring a big group of successful settled experience players with him to build around next year. Plus the additional money we have to bring a few more in.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Heath
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »

The name that keeps occurring to me is Flanagan the Curzon manager. For them to be competitive in this league is like us being competitive in the league above. He's got them promoted twice, he obviously knows the NW scene.

I don't know if he'd fancy it but you could argue he's taken Curzon as far as he can and Alty would be a step up (even if it would involve a step down).

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »

The name that keeps occurring to me is Flanagan the Curzon manager. For them to be competitive in this league is like us being competitive in the league above. He's got them promoted twice, he obviously knows the NW scene.

I don't know if he'd fancy it but you could argue he's taken Curzon as far as he can and Alty would be a step up (even if it would involve a step down).

I'd love him here. Definitely my top choice. If Doughty gets the job I won't be attending next season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »

If he did get offered the job the situation wouldn't be unlike clough with forest and Burton ? Footballing gamble rather than possible clash with owners side of things
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:04:19 PM by Timperley The Best »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »

What a dreadful brand of football Billy Heath plays. Ok, it's obviously pretty effective but I wouldn't want to watch that week in week out. They were tripe today, we never looked like scoring, so a 0-0 was the best we could have hoped for. Perfect game for John Cyrus to head everything and I thought Kyle Brownhill did well shielding the back four. Baffled how high they are in the league, they really are one of the worst teams I've seen this season.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 06:01:30 PM »

My top choice is Martin McIntosh from Buxton. Bring as many of his squad with him that he wants and we will piss that tinpot league

david sneddon

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »

Anyone who doesn't think next years manager will be doughty with a team of young local players (our reserves) with a plastic pitch to follow within a couple of seasons to make it  a truely "community sports club" plodding along in the northern premier league is kidding themselves. Wake up people, take back control of our club before it's too late. Andrew shaw isn't daft, he can see where they want to take it. A family business running a yoga club with a unibond league club as a spin off. Let's hope our core support rebel, we saw signs at Fylde and today, -and they've tackled bigger and harder thanthis 

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:42:17 PM »

Anyone who doesn't think next years manager will be doughty with a team of young local players (our reserves) with a plastic pitch to follow within a couple of seasons to make it  a truely "community sports club" plodding along in the northern premier league is kidding themselves. Wake up people, take back control of our club before it's too late. Andrew shaw isn't daft, he can see where they want to take it. A family business running a yoga club with a unibond league club as a spin off. Let's hope our core support rebel, we saw signs at Fylde and today, -and they've tackled bigger and harder thanthis 

I think you are probably right. Cant believe what has happened to this club in the last 18 months. As soon as the 3G pitch comes in (so it can be rented out all week) I'm off.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »

I think you are probably right. Cant believe what has happened to this club in the last 18 months. As soon as the 3G pitch comes in (so it can be rented out all week) I'm off.

It's an absolute disaster at Sutton

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »

Apparently they have no ambition to get in to the football league .

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »

Like Sutton we have absolutely no ambition to be in the football league and therefore a 3/4/5G pitch is a superb idea.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »

Like Sutton we have absolutely no ambition to be in the football league and therefore a 3/4/5G pitch is a superb idea.
Words 3 through 6 of the above, period.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 08:05:05 PM »

Maybe I'm struck in the past, but for me football is to be played on grass. I have no interest in watching the ball bounce around a rubber crumb Astro.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »

If we have no ambitions to he in the football league then what's the point? It might be a very long way off but as supporters surely the dream is to see your club play at the highest level possible. We have been close to almost playing in the league befire why not in the future? This is typical of Rowleys smallmindedNess which has brainwashed everyone into thinking we shouldn't have ambition as a club.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »

The football league has moved away. All the immigrants. Best we can hope for is conference national
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Billy Heath