PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mr Rowley
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mr Rowley  (Read 18993 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Mr Rowley
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:22:04 PM »

This is a genuine question from a supporter of 25 years, what is your plan for the Club? You sacked Jim Harvey and replaced him with his inexperienced  assistant claiming he was the best man for the job. He had signed a few players that have resulted in 2 points. You launched a strategic review, which was urgent, the results of which have still not been revealed. Your Vice-Chairman, rated as the most effective, albeit slightly arrogant, of the Board, resigns with no explanation and tet you continue in your role, to strangle the life and and ambition out of the footballing side of the business. I believe that you don't understand the flack that you are receiving, that explains everything. Your time is up, just walk away and take Doughty and Heathcote with you. We want our ambitious Football Club back.

York Alty is back

Re: Mr Rowley
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:43:56 PM »

Been watching Alty since 1979. In purely footballing terms this is the worst side, with the worst season and the worst outlook I can recall.

I see almost no hope under the current regime.

It is time to go Mr. Rowley.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 01:40:15 AM »

Terrible times.  Whilst I don't blame Rowley, I blame Neil Young (C**t), things need to change and fast, problem is I've no idea how, would love Jamie Newhall to come up with a solid plan?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 05:48:32 AM »

Why would you want Jamie Newhall to do that? Surely it's the boards job which is the point 'Thriving' makes in the original post.

I'll throw something out there now. The board should have backed Neil Young for longer instead of bowing to fan pressure and then throwing it back at us with some rubbish about him being abused. By now he'd have found 11 players that could string four passes together and we'd probably be mid table.

That's probably not the case, we'll never know. My point is the board are spineless and lacking foresight or strategy when it comes to making footballing decisions. The book stops with them. I've had enough of Mr Rowley being in charge of Altrincham FC now, I want him gone and that's the first time I've said that, he's not capable of recovering this mess.

arnald

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:12:29 AM »

We should be in the top non league division anything less is a fail Ile still go to the
games until we go bust this isn't football anymore it's a day out Rowley made one
Mistake bringing in Neil young and what a huge mistake that was

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »

Why would you want Jamie Newhall to do that? Surely it's the boards job which is the point 'Thriving' makes in the original post.

I'll throw something out there now. The board should have backed Neil Young for longer instead of bowing to fan pressure and then throwing it back at us with some rubbish about him being abused. By now he'd have found 11 players that could string four passes together and we'd probably be mid table.

That's probably not the case, we'll never know. My point is the board are spineless and lacking foresight or strategy when it comes to making footballing decisions. The book stops with them. I've had enough of Mr Rowley being in charge of Altrincham FC now, I want him gone and that's the first time I've said that, he's not capable of recovering this mess.

The board backed Neil Young 100%. Remember the telling off we got in the programme notes for voices our concerns on social media? Neil Young walked out when the going got tough, something my mates (Stockport fans) said he would do. I don't for a minute believe things we have been any better under Young. The damage has been done with a summer of dreadful recruitment. Harvey and then Doughty being unable to have a positive effect on results shows how difficult it has been to recruit half decent players mid season and the garbage lot we currently have

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:22:25 AM »

Mistakes ...

Tolson
Young

We never recovered from there
Come on you red and white........

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »

Terrible times.  Whilst I don't blame Rowley, I blame Neil Young (C**t), things need to change and fast, problem is I've no idea how, would love Jamie Newhall to come up with a solid plan?
the board love people like you who make young the scapegoat

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 09:59:57 AM »

Part of the reason for Harvey going was that the Chairman saw "no signs of progress...nothing to suggest our fortunes are about to change for the better". Another word was "drifting".

Harvey was sacked after 3 points from 30. Doughty has 2 points from 27. Remember too that Doughty was Harvey's assistant (as well as Tolson's)

Doughty shouldnt have a cat in hell's chance of being manager here next season, yet the vibes are that he is seen as doing OK and could well carry on.  He claims to have the 100% backing of the chairman right now.

What's going on Mr Rowley?  Clarity is needed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:59:37 AM by Bob »

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »

None of the current trio will be at Moss Lane next season. Hopefully.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:43 AM »

We've also got longstanding supporters staying away this season and some only planning to attend away games. Is this what you call a legacy? Surely we deserve answers?

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 12:07:24 PM »

I don't see Graeme Rowley walking away.

But if by some remote chance he did (possibly as a reaction to the amount of abuse he's getting), who would replace him ?

bumble

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »

But if by some remote chance he did (possibly as a reaction to the amount of abuse he's getting), who would replace him ?
Having spoke by to him at great length he doesn't want to go anywhere.

However, the issue of replacing him shouldn't be any factor in him staying.

Seemed to be some quite strong Rowley out chants and anti Rowley chants yesterday

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »

He won't want to go, he has too much family involvement in the club to go. However , he seems to lack self awareness. He's got to appreciate that he isn't up to the football decisions at the club. He needs to move aside, focus on the community stuff and let us get on with finding an ambitious football man to chair the club.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »

I've no idea. How on earth did we ever manage to exist for the previous 100 years without GR?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mr Rowley