PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Review
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Review  (Read 16495 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Review
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »

According to the main site it says they will reveal a five year review.

I hope to hear about objectives and a five year plan for the future. It would be OK to review the plans for the future but announcing a review in its simplest sense implies looking back.

Perhaps its just worded inappropriately.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »

Is there no limit to the things that users of this forum can find to whine about?

What bus service that doesn't run on a Sunday do you have to take to get to the stadium?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:06:46 AM by Tommy Dickfingers »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »

Fans have waited 2  months for the findings of this review, how come we are all expected to pitch up on a Sunday night so the conclusion can be seen by a handful of folks.....

Why not publish it now then wait until the Harrogate fixture next Saturday when people are at the ground anyway. We've waited 8 weeks ffs another 7 days wont harm.

FAO Hale Alty.
Its not moaning, they are all valid reasons re transport etc that really does make a Sunday night unsuitable.

You may as well make it a Tues morning when everyone is at work.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »

I fear that the review will be looked at as a way to keep the current board and management personnel of the club in charge. It shouldn't be about that, and conversely nor should it necessarily be about getting rid of people. It should be warts and all and anyone with the club at heart should be able to put them ahead of themselves and their friends/family.

If you have to go, you go. You don't say but doing x will mean that y can't do what he does etc. Some may have to move, some may have to go, some may have to stay and prioritise other aspects.

Alas, I expect it'll be a self preservation society job.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »

I fear that the review will be looked at as a way to keep the current board and management personnel of the club in charge. It shouldn't be about that, and conversely nor should it necessarily be about getting rid of people. It should be warts and all and anyone with the club at heart should be able to put them ahead of themselves and their friends/family.

If you have to go, you go. You don't say but doing x will mean that y can't do what he does etc. Some may have to move, some may have to go, some may have to stay and prioritise other aspects.

Alas, I expect it'll be a self preservation society job.

Thank goodness I'm not the only cynic/realist on here.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »

I won't be crying before I'm hurt.

It should be published before the meeting.
Full time and proud of it

DT

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »

Having been a professional management consultant for over 20 years during my career with KPMG, PW and EY and having carried out many strategy studies my view is that the participants in the review should all receive a copy of he review as soon as possible. I never had a client who was happy for me to stand up and simply do a presentation, circulation of reports was always required to those deemed as Stakeholder in the strategic process.

There has been plenty of time to organise this and my reasoning is it recognises the supporters who contributed as key stakeholders in the strategic roll out.

In addition it would also mean supporters who did contribute are recognised for their contribution by the board (something that would be welcomed by many during these difficult times).

Probably Sunday night is not the best time for this and once again this could have been discussed on this forum to try and get consensus from everyone interested in this key milestone in the club's future.

Hopefully the board will read the forum posts and change their decisions appropriately - even if this means delaying the presentation (it has already been too long to wait already for an "urgent " process).

Should be an interesting meeting!

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »

I'm fine with Sunday evening - it seems as good a time as any for it - in my opinion better than just after a match when tensions are usually high after a loss and not forgetting all those involved with the match are still occupied with relevant jobs.

I view this a bit like an "employee presentation/briefing" that you'd get at work - you dont normally circulate the presentation pack beforehand - you present on the day and explain points - with a Q&A at the end - fairly similar to what looks to be happening to me.

Clearly this process took time, but then the board members who commissioned it have day jobs to attend to and likely needed time to meet and absorb its content and then I assume formulate a plan of action.

With the exception of Bill currently - I wouldnt think many of the board read the forum any more, similar to a lot of fans, who all seem to have tired of some of the talk on here over recent months.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 04:38:40 PM »

What beaker141 said

Depending on what the report says the board are to some extent between a rock and a hard place.

If it is published in advance it will get kicked around on here and we have the opportunity to pick fault with it.

If they don't publish they're going to be seen as ignoring the wishes of the biggest group of stakeholders.  

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »

I view this a bit like an "employee presentation/briefing" that you'd get at work - you dont normally circulate the presentation pack beforehand - you present on the day and explain points - with a Q&A at the end - fairly similar to what looks to be happening to me.

Clearly this process took time, but then the board members who commissioned it have day jobs to attend to and likely needed time to meet and absorb its content and then I assume formulate a plan of action.

Hang on we're supporters not employees! This is exactly the your not worthy mindset the board have

Can you not see the whole thing is a white wash? Review was conducted by a Rowley family friend so do you expect any outcome to be negative to the current board?  Why hasn't the report been circulated warts and all, whats Rowley trying to cover up?

We don't need any presentations all we need is the report which was completed weeks ago - yet again no transparency or accountability - just a white wash by the board, disgraceful

Bath Alty

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »

Nice to see such open minds on here!  You've not even heard what they have to say yet - imagine the outrage if they pre-judged fans behaviour in the same way people are doing theirs!

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »

Nice to see such open minds on here!  You've not even heard what they have to say yet - imagine the outrage if they pre-judged fans behaviour in the same way people are doing theirs!

They do.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:30 AM »

They do.

Seconded GHM

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 08:05:19 AM »

They do.

Seconded GHM
still waiting for the neil young debacle to be closed of which "fans" abused him ...
Come on you red and white........

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »

I have an open mind.....up to a point. But over the last two seasons I have learned to treat anything the board says or does with suspicion. I've honestly tried to be positive about them (many of my posts on here until quite recently demonstrate that) but it just gets harder and harder.

I'm sure that what emerges on Sunday will be beautifully presented, and will sound positive. I'm not remotely sure that within 12 months it won't all be seen as mere window dressing.

Just like politics really....too many empty promises. Everything these days feels like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Review