News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This clubs perception

Author Topic: This clubs perception  (Read 7089 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
This clubs perception
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »

I get asked a lot if I still come and watch Alty by friends who have interests in football in general

I say I do but I am losing interest after 30 years for the first time

They all can't believe how far we have fallen and want to know what's going on

I'm actually embarrassed when asked of late which is sad considering how much I love Alty

I see tonight on twitter we have had to apologise to Hyde for being seen to belittle them although I'm sure unintentionally

Oh this once proud club

It's like a circus
Come on you red and white........

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This clubs perception
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »

I saw that on Twitter. Even in this season of lows, stating losing to a side 36 places below us in the Pyramid as 'new' is a perfectly accurate and honest description. The Hyde supporter in question wants to grow a thicker skin and enjoy the victory.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »

I saw that on Twitter. Even in this season of lows, stating losing to a side 36 places below us in the Pyramid as 'new' is a perfectly accurate and honest description. The Hyde supporter in question wants to grow a thicker skin and enjoy the victory.
we really should be beating teams like this
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »

Was my post and I stand by it. It is a new low this season, the next will be mathematical relegation.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »

we really should be beating teams like this

Well we should. It's different from being entitled to. Sue me!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:56:23 PM by JTH »

York Alty is back

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »

Was my post and I stand by it. It is a new low this season, the next will be mathematical relegation.
the final gut wrenching humiliation will be having won a ludicrously low points total, I think we'll do well to get twelve. Now that is a disgrace and those responsible need to stand up, square themselves and put their hands up.

We have successfully manoeuvred ourselves into a position where we will either retain a squad of losers or we repeat the wholesale changes that contributed so heavily to this mess.

I love this club.

JMF

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »

The only way this club is going to sort itself out is with a new figurehead. Think those running this club do good things on the community side and should continue to do so. But there needs to be change at the top. This chairman cannot preside over two relegations and four poor managerial appointments and stay in post. For all the discussion of new plans and reviews, the only thing that will unite this clubs supporters and reenergise the place is change at very top.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 06:28:18 AM »

The only way this club is going to sort itself out is with a new figurehead. Think those running this club do good things on the community side and should continue to do so. But there needs to be change at the top. This chairman cannot preside over two relegations and four poor managerial appointments and stay in post. For all the discussion of new plans and reviews, the only thing that will unite this clubs supporters and reenergise the place is change at very top.

Yes. I agree

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »

They do you kick start it?

Neil Young

P--6
W-0
D--3
L--3
F--8
A--18
Pts 3

Densmore/Goodall/Moult

P--3
W-0
D--1
L--2
F--4
A--6
Pts 1

Jim Harvey

League
P--10
W--1
D--0
L--9
F-8
A-25
Pts 3

Cup

P--4
W-3
D-0
L-1
F-10
A--5

Matt Doughty

League

P--9
W-0
D-2
L-7
F-5
A-19
Pts 2

Cup
P--6
W-2
D-2
L-2
F-12
A-9

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 07:54:51 AM »

Laughing stock that is all
Bernard Taylors barmy army

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »

Big changes needed i think  ???

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 09:48:12 AM »

This is completely correct. I have no reason to think that GR is planning to stand down but if it's going to happen, it needs to happen at the strategic review launch. If not, he'll just say 'we need to look forward now' and 'things are going to be different', even though I've no doubt that the fundamental way that he runs the club won't change at all.

So I would suggest that those of us who believe we need change at the very top must use the next ten days to try and persuade, politely but insistently, our chairman to stand down. God knows if it'll work. But we have to try.

Frosty

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »

RIP altrincham fc

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »

RIP altrincham fc
RIP ? We're bloody thriving.....

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »

GR is just hiding behind the strategic review by his puppet Whatmore. It si quite simple all turn up at the meeting and be as hotile towards the Board as we can. i think they maybe throwing me out of the meeting but Gr will clearly know from me what i think of him hes non skills as a businessman man and his abilty to run nothing. No one could do a worse job.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This clubs perception