PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Harrogate- Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Harrogate- Match Thread  (Read 24072 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate- Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2017, 11:14:27 PM »

Yes, but there are a lot of moaners on here that have temporarily withdrawn their support.

Temporarily ? I can assure you that if I don't like what I hear tomorrow week I'll be gone permanently.

That is entirely your prerogative 

York Alty is back

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2017, 11:44:48 PM »

Yes, but there are a lot of moaners on here that have temporarily withdrawn their support.

Temporarily ? I can assure you that if I don't like what I hear tomorrow week I'll be gone permanently.

That is entirely your prerogative 

Correct. It's also correct to say we can't afford to lose gate revenue.

The challenge for Mr. Rowley is to enthuse the  fans in readiness for the glue league. There is a lot riding on the review and presentation.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2017, 11:49:32 PM »

I wouldnt hold your breath, Rowley won't change - he's got no reason to. He needs to go for any change to occur

York Alty is back

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2017, 11:54:31 PM »

He needs to go for any change to occur

I agree 100%.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »

Can we read anything into the absence  of any chairman's column in the programme? I don't know, but it's strange   in view of the impending review meeting, which, it just occurs to me, doesn't appear to have been mentioned in there either. Providing I haven't just missed it, I find that an incredible omission as not everyone has Internet and surely we want as many people as possible to be aware of this important meeting.

As for the game,  it's a decent enough point in the current circumstances and I am sure we will hear how vital the clean sheet is, but unlike Tim Deasy, neither Harrogate goalkeeper was stretched. Credit to John Cyrus for his bravery and commitment.

GB Alty

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2017, 01:02:37 AM »

Can we read anything into the absence  of any chairman's column in the programme? I don't know, but it's strange   in view of the impending review meeting, which, it just occurs to me, doesn't appear to have been mentioned in there either. Providing I haven't just missed it, I find that an incredible omission as not everyone has Internet and surely we want as many people as possible to be aware of this important meeting.

As for the game,  it's a decent enough point in the current circumstances and I am sure we will hear how vital the clean sheet is, but unlike Tim Deasy, neither Harrogate goalkeeper was stretched. Credit to John Cyrus for his bravery and commitment.
Not really other than the chairman is a sh*thouse - he dosen't want as many people there at all, he wants to keep it quite - has no balls and nothing to say in the programme

He is a cancer within the club

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2017, 01:25:52 AM »

Somebody's worked wonders to compile two minutes and 29 seconds of 'highlights' from that dross.

Unquestionably one of the most abysmal football matches that I have had the misfortune to attend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_b-VTWBNOg&list=PLlQ0egHpbkCxsU0By39JozUbJpDfAKocU&index=1
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2017, 01:56:00 AM »

Somebody's worked wonders to compile two minutes and 29 seconds of 'highlights' from that dross.

Unquestionably one of the most abysmal football matches that I have had the misfortune to attend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_b-VTWBNOg&list=PLlQ0egHpbkCxsU0By39JozUbJpDfAKocU&index=1
Thank heavens we are thriving
Come on you red and white........

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2017, 06:57:51 AM »

Indeed it was Barry. It reminded me of a pre-White and Swales fixture from the 1950s (yes I do go back that far!). There was not a single positive to be taken from that game, though no doubt the fact that we won a point and kept a clean sheet will be seen as a result. That Harrogate were as dire as we were and presented us with no opposition whatsoever will be entirely missed. But for Tim Deasy we would even have lost to that dross.

Yes, we put some effort in but we have done that on many occasions this season - what we are still lacking is talent and organisation. How we can go 90 minutes without a single shot on target is beyond me - and that's just yesterday's match. Matt Doughty is as clueless as the previous encumbents in the managerial chair this season but we should be ok for next season. Our chairman will probably appoint one of his assistants - Mr Heathcote or Mr Lawton anyone?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »

I don't see how you can comment on a match that you weren't at
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »

I agree, which is why I didn't. My comments related to matches I DID attend.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2017, 08:43:33 AM »

The number of empty spaces in the car park at 2.55 was telling, as was the number of regulars who i didnt notice at the game.

Funereal atmosphere, woeful match. If a nil nil draw playing like that is seen as an improvement then it shows how low we have sunk.

This club needs a total overhaul and a huge injection of new personnel, energies, ideas and mindsets if the rot is to stop. That is the message the board needs to send next Sunday but I doubt it will happen.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »

I went to see my local team yesterday, who many on here will recall-Fisher FC. Now back in their spiritual home of the Docklands after years away. Bumped into Jimmy Hill there, short conversation about Alty, both worked out neither of us would bother attending another game this season. The most important thing left for us now is the Review next Sunday.

arnald

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »

I went to see my local team yesterday, who many on here will recall-Fisher FC. Now back in their spiritual home of the Docklands after years away. Bumped into Jimmy Hill there, short conversation about Alty, both worked out neither of us would bother attending another game this season. The most important thing left for us now is the Review next Sunday.
does fishers ground still have the mini wemberley towers

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

does fishers ground still have the mini wemberley towers

No, they haven't played there for a few years. The reformed club have now got a ground on Salter Road, which is the same road as the ground we have played on, but I believe it's a completely different site
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Harrogate- Match Thread