PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we just accepting this rubish
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are we just accepting this rubish  (Read 10591 times)

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »

I have been quiet for some weeks as everyone seems to be accepting relegation which is obviously noe envitable. But is it really right we allow the abject failure of the management of this famous club we all love to go with a fight. Clearly the Board haven't got a clue and just stumble from for clamity to another. Allwing MD to continue is just rubish he clearly has got a clue we woudl eb no worse off if we didn't have a manager and saved the money!

Jezza

Re: Are we just accepting this rubish
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »

Relegation is inevitable.

MD was perhaps the only emergency manager we could have had assuming dens didn't want the job as caretaker....he Robbie and the cote have been given a more than fair crack at the whip......what we needed was someone who knows what they are doing.....first signing should have been a conference keeper...probably a second choice on loan...a commanding organiser and build from there....2nd move should have been to replace cyrus who has been a huge weak link.....

The task now is probably more difficult to get us back up first time than it was to avoid relegation.

The board needs to be sounding out prospective mangers now and make the right appointment.

I don't know who interviewed Neil Young and agreed to hap hazard signings....this may have actually worked and we may as fans have shown more patience if his strategy was better communicated or if it looked like reaping results...

I don't know if the rest of the board approved jim Harvey but his negativity and body language looked wrong from the start and would have worried me at interview...it was only after he left that he decided we would have stayed up underneath him......

Given the last four appointments I don't have any confidence in the board's ability to make the right choice......there is an argument for continuity but I have been completelt miffed at the management trio's ability to get the basics right first by making us solid defensively and have no confidence in their ability to suddenly win games next season.....and I think the players feel the same way

Cant see how the chairman can think he has any right or is doing the right thing for the club by staying....his community work has been applauded and rightly so...his chairmanship of a ootball club who's purpose is to win matches has been abysmal especially given the fact we are thriving financially.

I couldn't see Geoff goowin appointing managers with no experience or no positive confident strategy....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »

MD was perhaps the only emergency manager we could have had assuming dens didn't want the job as caretaker....he Robbie and the cote have been given a more than fair crack at the whip......what we needed was someone who knows what they are doing.....first signing should have been a conference keeper...probably a second choice on loan...a commanding organiser and build from there....2nd move should have been to replace cyrus who has been a huge weak link.....

The task now is probably more difficult to get us back up first time than it was to avoid relegation.

The board needs to be sounding out prospective mangers now and make the right appointment.

I don't know who interviewed Neil Young and agreed to hap hazard signings....this may have actually worked and we may as fans have shown more patience if his strategy was better communicated or if it looked like reaping results...

I don't know if the rest of the board approved jim Harvey but his negativity and body language looked wrong from the start and would have worried me at interview...it was only after he left that he decided we would have stayed up underneath him......

Given the last four appointments I don't have any confidence in the board's ability to make the right choice......there is an argument for continuity but I have been completelt miffed at the management trio's ability to get the basics right first by making us solid defensively and have no confidence in their ability to suddenly win games next season.....and I think the players feel the same way

Cant see how the chairman can think he has any right or is doing the right thing for the club by staying....his community work has been applauded and rightly so...his chairmanship of a ootball club who's purpose is to win matches has been abysmal especially given the fact we are thriving financially.

I couldn't see Geoff goowin appointing managers with no experience or no positive confident strategy....
The only appointment I thought was the right one was Jim I just think that the damage was already done with young.  And by that time attracting the players we wanted was impossible
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »

The only appointment I thought was the right one was Jim I just think that the damage was already done with young.  And by that time attracting the players we wanted was impossible

I was supportive of the JH appointment as he almost kept Halifax up in 15/16 purely by organising them and sticking round pegs in round holes. I presumed we would see similar here, but the warning signs were pretty immediate when he was talking about the Football League in a Meet The Manager interview. In hindsight its pretty clear that we needed a manager to come in with the immediate future at the forefront of his plans. He was so bloody odd. Tactically, in his interviews, and his recruitment. He probably brought in the worst crop of players out of the three managers we've had this season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »

I was supportive of the JH appointment as he almost kept Halifax up in 15/16 purely by organising them and sticking round pegs in round holes. I presumed we would see similar here, but the warning signs were pretty immediate when he was talking about the Football League in a Meet The Manager interview. In hindsight its pretty clear that we needed a manager to come in with the immediate future at the forefront of his plans. He was so bloody odd. Tactically, in his interviews, and his recruitment. He probably brought in the worst crop of players out of the three managers we've had this season.
can't really argue with this . We are cursed basically
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 09:09:24 AM »

on the face of it I also approved of Jim Harvey....as a name and with his background I was sure he'd come in and organise us.....I was shocked at how negative his whole body language was......and how poor he was at bringing the right players in and changing things around....I just think some of this must have come across in an interview??
Maybe he changed after seeing us play and realised the size of the task left him by young.....on this basis perhaps the board could be forgiven his appointment.....but does that mean no-one could save us and perhaps we should stick with continuity and see what happens next season?.....I've just seen no organisation from MD....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 09:24:18 AM »

Alan Pardew
Mike Phelan
Mark Warburton
Nigel Pearson
Steve Coterill
Gary Rowett
Alan Stubbs
Brian McDermott
Richie Humphries
David Flitcroft
Nigel Adkins
Mark Robins
Steve Davies
Mark Yates
Ronnie Moore
Gary Babin

Plus many others All out of work, how about laying down a £20,000 no win no fee challenge. Work on expenses and be paid 20k if we stay up, surely there's not a supporter of this club that wouldn't contribute to crowdfunding to realise this amount should someone pull it off

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »

Alan Pardew
Mike Phelan
Mark Warburton
Nigel Pearson
Steve Coterill
Gary Rowett
Alan Stubbs
Brian McDermott
Richie Humphries
David Flitcroft
Nigel Adkins
Mark Robins
Steve Davies
Mark Yates
Ronnie Moore
Gary Babin

Plus many others All out of work, how about laying down a £20,000 no win no fee challenge. Work on expenses and be paid 20k if we stay up, surely there's not a supporter of this club that wouldn't contribute to crowdfunding to realise this amount should someone pull it off
Pete we ain't staying up and anyone in the game knows that, you could offer them what you want but it aint going to change that. Lets stop wasting money for next season, which as things look like could well be a third relegation

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »

Fair point, but it wouldn't be wasting money if it kept us within the conference leagues.

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »

Fair point, but it wouldn't be wasting money if it kept us within the conference leagues.
nothing is going to keep us up, we have 9 points with only 14 games to play

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »

Well as soon as it's pretty much mathematical. Which will be four games from now when we will be unable to get fourty points. The whole thing needs tearing up an starting again if we are just going to sit on our hands like last year

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »

Well as soon as it's pretty much mathematical. Which will be four games from now when we will be unable to get fourty points. The whole thing needs tearing up an starting again if we are just going to sit on our hands like last year

I hope we don't just sit on our hands. Maybe the "Great 5 year plan: is to get Mr Wenger here after the Gooners release him  ;).

Actually sitting on our hands will probably be about right.

Get this fkn review published NOW.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »

Alan Pardew
Mike Phelan
Mark Warburton
Nigel Pearson
Steve Coterill
Gary Rowett
Alan Stubbs
Brian McDermott
Richie Humphries
David Flitcroft
Nigel Adkins
Mark Robins
Steve Davies
Mark Yates
Ronnie Moore
Gary Babin

Not a single one of those would be interested in the Alty job as you well know mate! We're f**ked big time and it's going to take a long long time to recover.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 11:39:11 AM »

Alan Pardew
Mike Phelan
Mark Warburton
Nigel Pearson
Steve Coterill
Gary Rowett
Alan Stubbs
Brian McDermott
Richie Humphries
David Flitcroft
Nigel Adkins
Mark Robins
Steve Davies
Mark Yates
Ronnie Moore
Gary Babin

Not a single one of those would be interested in the Alty job as you well know mate! We're f**ked big time and it's going to take a long long time to recover.

I have to say I disagree with your last sentence Dick. What has disintegrated in little over 12 months can be repaired in a similar period. We have the financial resources, we need them to be properly applied by the right people. All true fans of the club can surely see this and take whatever action they can to help achieve it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:41:37 AM by JTH »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »

Alan Pardew
Mike Phelan
Mark Warburton
Nigel Pearson
Steve Coterill
Gary Rowett
Alan Stubbs
Brian McDermott
Richie Humphries
David Flitcroft
Nigel Adkins
Mark Robins
Steve Davies
Mark Yates
Ronnie Moore
Gary Babin

I have to say I disagree with your last sentence Dick. What has disintegrated in little over 12 months can be repaired in a similar period. We have the financial resources, we need them to be properly applied by the right people. All true fans of the club can surely see this and take whatever action they can to help achieve it.

I hope you're right JTH but the way I'm looking at it we're going to be relying on the same chairman that got us in this mess to try and make the right appointment to get us out of it and I don't have a great deal of faith in that happening!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team