PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we just accepting this rubish
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are we just accepting this rubish  (Read 10594 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Are we just accepting this rubish
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »

Fair point, but it wouldn't be wasting money if it kept us within the conference leagues.
nothing is going to keep us up, we have 9 points with only 14 games to play

Two things could keep us up.............neither impossible, but 99% certain not to happen :-

1) We can get a team of Conference National standard players and win every remaining game

2) We can hope that three teams resign from the league or are expelled

In my 'glass half empty' world, all was lost at Christmas when we failed to beat FCUM and kick-on from there. Good money being thrown after bad ever since. Like many others, I was convinced that 'Jim'll fix it' on his appointment. He has been a bigger disappointment to me than both Young and the unavoidable relegation last season
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty is back

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »

Harveys failure and dismissal demonstrated quite clearly that the root of our problems lie higher up the club. The boardroom has provided little strategy outside the CSH, no direction and no strength in decision making.

We do need investment. We do need strategic thinking and the ability to make it happen for the Fiirst Team. I have no faith in Mr. Rowley and seeno reason to believe the things we need will magically appear in the summer.

Finally, before I head out to work... Does anybody else think Lee Sinnot could get us back up within two years?  (York Alty runs for cover!!)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »

Would have LS back in an instance, but can't see him taking it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »

He reached his maximum as in how far he could take Us. got f**ked off with driving from hull three times a week, fully understandable. Why would he want to go through it all again. It was up to us to push on and for whatever reason that didn't happen and we've gone back further than when we started. Time for a fresh approach

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »

I know plenty of you folk rate Sinnot but he had funds to improve the squad when funds were available and chose not too. He is part of this fkn mess were in now. ( not as much as that T**t Young) but he never acted when we had all those injuries.

Leave him in Hull, he can enjoy the year as City of Culture.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

You can't go back you have to move forwards
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 04:51:13 PM »

Another thing I never got was when we got promoted there was no reaction from him

Odd really

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »

Another thing I never got was when we got promoted there was no reaction from him

Odd really

Personality bypass

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »

Now working in B&Q.

Gone from playing 4-4-2 to selling 4x2
Full time and proud of it

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »

Just listened to Jose Mourinho talking about how the dressing room felt too jovial and relaxed before the game last night and he didn't feel the players were fully focused. I've felt for a long time that the way  we come out for the second half is similar. Often we've been spanked in the first half and the players come out in dribs and drabs, laughing and joking with each other. It gives the impression that they don't have enough pride in their performances. I remember being outside the tunnel at Colwyn bay years ago and listening to Mark Setori and Kevin Hulme winning the mind games l before the game had even begun. A bit more of that would be nice.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »

Just listened to Jose Mourinho talking about how the dressing room felt too jovial and relaxed before the game last night and he didn't feel the players were fully focused. I've felt for a long time that the way  we come out for the second half is similar. Often we've been spanked in the first half and the players come out in dribs and drabs, laughing and joking with each other. It gives the impression that they don't have enough pride in their performances. I remember being outside the tunnel at Colwyn bay years ago and listening to Mark Setori and Kevin Hulme winning the mind games l before the game had even begun. A bit more of that would be nice.
a friend of mine was up from down south and took a game in . He spotted that when the team came out for the first half that there body language was poor . And the words he used were that they looked beaten before kicking a ball

York Alty is back

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 07:02:20 PM »

You can't go back you have to move forwards

Strong believer in that. Lee could a job for sure but there are surely alternatives.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »

Although on the whole I was a fan of Sinnott, one of his big problems was his obvious lack of contacts in this neck of the woods. As we all remember, many of his signings were either mates of existing players or suggestions Hughesy made on here. It will be even harder to attract decent calibre players next season so it's imperative we have someone with a good contacts list and knowledge of players in this area.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »

Although on the whole I was a fan of Sinnott, one of his big problems was his obvious lack of contacts in this neck of the woods. As we all remember, many of his signings were either mates of existing players or suggestions Hughesy made on here. It will be even harder to attract decent calibre players next season so it's imperative we have someone with a good contacts list and knowledge of players in this area.

This!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we just accepting this rubish