PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New supporter from Cumbria
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New supporter from Cumbria  (Read 4572 times)

richardaltycumbria

« on: February 23, 2017, 06:18:41 PM »

Hi I just wanted to say hello really, I live in Cumbria and have just started supporting your Team. Some people have called me mad for doing so especially with the trouble your side are in on the pitch.

However I am interested in non league football and wanted to support Altrincham, it felt right so I figured why not!

Out of interest what has gone wrong for your team this season? I know one of your players as he used to play for Kendal Town (Craig Hobson). I am aware he has been injured?

Also your manager? Any good? 

Finally I looked at your website and without meaning to be disrespectful, is it likely to be upgraded?. Your Alty TV is great.

Sorry for the questions just keen to find out more about your club, just interested mainly

Thanks

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New supporter from Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »

Welcome.. things can only get better . I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks for you
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »

You're either madder than me or having us on? Either way you're more than welcome on here and at the club if you keep it respectful.

I don't really know where to start other than a board that don't know football as a business and I don't know how many poor managers appointed as a result.

I'm with Wayno, things are going to turn for the better soon I'm sure.

Welcome to Alty, strap in for the ride!

Baldrick

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »

The website was great a few years ago. Then someone decided to destroy it.

richardaltycumbria

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:05:54 PM »

Of course I will keep it respectful, from the highlights I have seen would I be right in saying that your team struggle to score goals?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »

Of course I will keep it respectful, from the highlights I have seen would I be right in saying that your team struggle to score goals?

Thats true. Coupled with the fact we defend for sh*t is not a good mix
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:05:11 PM »

We a novelty club now? How embarrassing

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 04:53:39 AM »

Who's given the lad a Peake already? :o

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »

There's something to be said for deciding to follow a team who've hit rock bottom. Things can only improve, at least in theory.......

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »

There's something to be said for deciding to follow a team who've hit rock bottom. Things can only improve, at least in theory.......

The day we hit rock bottom is the day we cannot go any lower. We can certainly sink lower than we are now.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 10:22:19 AM »

Who's given the lad a Peake already? :o

Someone with an excess of bile and too much time on their hands
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »

Indeed, I starting supporting in the last season before the formation of the APL, so all my metaphorical Xmas's came at once and it's arguably been a sock full of coal with the occasional piece of shiny fruit ever since those heady early years.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

richardaltycumbria

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »

I just wanted to assure you that I am not messing you about.I wanted to support a non league club, and saw highlights of a game between your team and Man United Under 18s on MUTV. I liked the ground. it felt right and I figured I would support you.

Looking forward to the journey I know times are hard on the pitch but I also know that you are financially thriving off the pitch so  I am optimistic about the future.

I think you will fall into the evostik premier division?. I know that league relatively well and it is very competitive and you will get some good football in that league.

You will also get some good games and decent attendances, I think Lancaster from the league below the evostik premier are likely to go up and they bring a lot plus their are other teams with a decent fan base along with Alty.

So not doom and gloom if you get it right,

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

I just wanted to assure you that I am not messing you about.I wanted to support a non league club, and saw highlights of a game between your team and Man United Under 18s on MUTV. I liked the ground. it felt right and I figured I would support you.

Looking forward to the journey I know times are hard on the pitch but I also know that you are financially thriving off the pitch so  I am optimistic about the future.

I think you will fall into the evostik premier division?. I know that league relatively well and it is very competitive and you will get some good football in that league.

You will also get some good games and decent attendances, I think Lancaster from the league below the evostik premier are likely to go up and they bring a lot plus their are other teams with a decent fan base along with Alty.

Busted. Top effort though.

So not doom and gloom if you get it right,

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »

Lets not hang the chap out to dry, so far its all been harmless.

Mentioning the word 'thriving' however is a sure giveaway that a troll lurks somewhere beneath this. To be honest i'm tempted to think its so obvious its probably too obvious and therefore genuine.

But then is it a triple bluff? He thinks we think he thinks we think he's a troll so it cant be true.

On the face of things i'd rather debate this than our current plight because its too painful to trawl over again and again knowing already what the outcome will be.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team