PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlo away
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Darlo away  (Read 11100 times)

bigcol

Darlo away
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »

I'm going, as it's only 45 mins from where I live now, and I went to the reverse fixture.  Oh how different it could have been had we not conceded that last minute goal first match of the season, just throwing it out there...

Will it be just me or anyone else stupid enough to travel 6 hours there and back to see us spanked by play-off chasers from a club that didn't even exist 4 years ago (keeping it positive and upbeat)?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Darlo away
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:59:55 PM »

I'm going, as it's only 45 mins from where I live now, and I went to the reverse fixture.  Oh how different it could have been had we not conceded that last minute goal first match of the season, just throwing it out there...

Will it be just me or anyone else stupid enough to travel 6 hours there and back to see us spanked by play-off chasers from a club that didn't even exist 4 years ago (keeping it positive and upbeat)?

They did set up from a pre existing fanbase
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »

Is there an away coach for this?

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:52:56 AM »

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »

No.

Why not? There was for the original fixture? Have I missed something on the website?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »

No.

Why not? There was for the original fixture? Have I missed something on the website?

"TASC advises that it will not be possible to provide transport to the away game at Darlington on Wednesday evening. Transport was arranged to the postponed Saturday fixture but too many of the original travellers are unable to make midweek arrangements.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that, as we have already been advised by some fans, people can get to the game in other ways.

We will be running a coach to the fixture against AFC Telford and a booking list and details will be available in the CSH on Saturday against Worcester City. There will also be a list to register names for the Boston trip the Saturday after, where we also hope to run transport should numbers permit".

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »

Anyone driving?

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »

No.

"TASC advises that it will not be possible to provide transport to the away game at Darlington on Wednesday evening. Transport was arranged to the postponed Saturday fixture but too many of the original travellers are unable to make midweek arrangements.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that, as we have already been advised by some fans, people can get to the game in other ways.

We will be running a coach to the fixture against AFC Telford and a booking list and details will be available in the CSH on Saturday against Worcester City. There will also be a list to register names for the Boston trip the Saturday after, where we also hope to run transport should numbers permit".

Yeah, I have missed that. Thanks.

As Mr Bassangue says, anyone driving?

EDIT: If anyone has 2 spaces, I can meet Mr Bassangue for one pickup as we live near each other.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »

No.

Yeah, I have missed that. Thanks.

As Mr Bassangue says, anyone driving?

EDIT: If anyone has 2 spaces, I can meet Mr Bassangue for one pickup as we live near each other.

Get the train lad. I'm travelling there from London, but will be on the 10.30pm back to Manchester after the game. It's direct and goes right through to Ringway Airport.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »

Where is Ringway? Living in the past? :D

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »

i still call it ringway  :)
Harold

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:04:31 AM »

It is ringwat airport, its not in Manchester, its in ringway

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »

It was Ringway when I took the 10 bob 15 minute flight in a Tiger Moth in about 1960. It's OFFICIALLY Manchester International Airport these days, but it'll always be Ringway to me.

Just like the pretentious Peel Holdings terminal will always be Speke. "Above us only sky" my arse.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 11:55:12 AM »

I thought Speke was John Lennon airport?

Back on topic Harrogate managed to beat Darlington yesterday so there is hope!

York Alty is back

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »

It was Ringway when I took the 10 bob 15 minute flight in a Tiger Moth in about 1960. It's OFFICIALLY Manchester International Airport these days, but it'll always be Ringway to me.

Just like the pretentious Peel Holdings terminal will always be Speke. "Above us only sky" my arse.

Peel Ho!dings must be Barton Aerodrome.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlo away